It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Child Abuse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
www.littlegreenfootballs.com...

must be his bar-mitzva party

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by kitty]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Religious child abuse?

Kitty, please, this is part of the culture and religion of these people. Who are we to condemn their views, beliefs, and traditions....certainly not the Green Football?!

Are these people not entitled to do as their religions or traditions, etc., dictate?

No, this is another case of "we think you be crazy cause you don't confirm to Western views and practices!"

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Seekerof is right, just because we don't practice that hear in the Western world doesn't make it right for us to rip them apart. Even though it may be strange, crazy, and un-humanitarian, it is part of their culture, if we tried to stop it that would only provoke more violence then what�s already going on.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Its extreme. A lot of people think the same of circumcision, but it has its benefits. Slashing your kids forhead has no benefits.

I know of many muslim females that have been circumcised as well. They dont complain cause they might get slaughtered.....is it for the sake of their religion or for the sake of their retarded husbands forcing these sick acts of brutality?

Either way, there is no reason for it. Its done out of sheer stupidity and ignorance. Just another example of animalistic rituals...actually, animals dont even do these things.

feal free to bash away

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitty
Its extreme. A lot of people think the same of circumcision, but it has its benefits. Slashing your kids forhead has no benefits.

I know of many muslim females that have been circumcised as well. They dont complain cause they might get slaughtered.....is it for the sake of their religion or for the sake of their retarded husbands forcing these sick acts of brutality?

Either way, there is no reason for it. Its done out of sheer stupidity and ignorance. Just another example of animalistic rituals...actually, animals dont even do these things.

feal free to bash away

Is this not your definition based on your Western views? It is after all your opinion. But to call something that is apart of one's culture or traditions, or for that matter, their religious belief's, "sheer stupidity and ignorance....actually, animals dont even do these things" is quite uncalled for and further, it shows lack of cultural, religious, etc. tolorance. Is our society better off with this kind of thinking?

Again...."Who" are we to judge other people based on their religion, color, race, traditions, etc.?? Do you feel you, or anyone else, can be justified in doing so because you yourself do not practice this or because you/we feel 'more civilized'?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
On the face of it this picture is appalling-common sense tells me that this is whacky whatever the purpose.

...and I would not tolerate this if my neigbor did this. Sorry to all the tolerant activists.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I can't see how anyone can support forcing a child to emulate a "martyr" by slashing his forehead.

What's next? Fathers ritually eating their 3rd born Childs to give strength to the other 2 that the 3rd has taken, all in the name of GROGDOR the Thunder-God!

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertBurns
I can't see how anyone can support forcing a child to emulate a "martyr" by slashing his forehead.

What's next? Fathers ritually eating their 3rd born Childs to give strength to the other 2 that the 3rd has taken, all in the name of GROGDOR the Thunder-God!

Robert? Come on....look at the picture...the kid is welding and brandishing a huge knife/sword. He is not being forced. This is tradition that has been long surpressed by the Saddam regime. We can not go around expecting people in other countries to live and act as we do. Its called respect and tolerance if not a measure of education to realize that this is a belief, tradition and part of the religious culture of these people's.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Furthermore, does it look like the child/boy is crying or being held by the mob against his will?!? Come on folks.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If it is a generational custom, the child would not know any different to react and wouldn't need to be forced.
I just don't like putting my views aside when it comes to children.

All this to learn how to be a martyr....that's encouraging.....

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I can understand that , really. But look at it from their point of view. If they were here and saw some of the things we, civilized, Western world do, what would they think?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Seekerof, this type of behavior of the Muslim people is why they are violent, and destructive.

Either they will learn to get rid of such "rituals", or even the Buddhists will want to throw them all in the fires.

You can't support this, you just simply think you can, but you've probably never smelt blood, or tasted it, nor ever stabbed someone especially yourself.

Once you cross that line it's all to easy to continue it.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertBurns
Seekerof, this type of behavior of the Muslim people is why they are violent, and destructive.

Either they will learn to get rid of such "rituals", or even the Buddhists will want to throw them all in the fires.

You can't support this, you just simply think you can, but you've probably never smelt blood, or tasted it, nor ever stabbed someone especially yourself.

Once you cross that line it's all to easy to continue it.

Now, now Robert, we are not 'stereotyping' again are we? This type conduct, etc., is not all-inclusive to Muslim's. I respect your opinion but to place a 'label' or to 'sterotype' is borderline racism......we must have tolerance...correct?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ugh there's no point in conversing with you if you can't tell a difference between "stereotype" and talking about a specific group within a group.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
We must not be inclusive and stereotype.....we must not be told we HAVE to tolerate a thing or act that is seriously offensive to us.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I wouldnt really compare this to circumcision which nowadays is a surgical procedure not felt by anyone. This child is a little bit older than the tradition age to circumsize. But like mentioned above, the kid doesn't seem to mind. So while it may be considered barbaric and nuts... I guess it wouldn't really be child abuse since it's their rite of passage...

Do i think it's cruel? Yup. Sick? Yup. Wrong? Yup.
Good thing they don't live in a country I run because I wouldn't let that fly, but the fact is they live in their's and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
WTF!!!!! They are hacking at a kid with swords! We can't spank a kid without it being called child abuse, yet they are allowed to hack their kid with swords? WTF!!! If you even yell at a kid can get in trouble. It would be like sticking a kid's hand in a blender and turning it on. Except probably less blood. How they hell is the kid suppose to know that being hacked at with swords is wrong? And if he says no, would probably be killed like anyone else who says no to a grown male ovber there.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
We must not be inclusive and stereotype.....we must not be told we HAVE to tolerate a thing or act that is seriously offensive to us.

Your correct, but thats were the word t-o-l-e-r-a-n-c-e-! comes into play.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
WTF!!!!! They are hacking at a kid with swords! We can't spank a kid without it being called child abuse, yet they are allowed to hack their kid with swords? WTF!!! If you even yell at a kid can get in trouble. It would be like sticking a kid's hand in a blender and turning it on. Except probably less blood. How they hell is the kid suppose to know that being hacked at with swords is wrong? And if he says no, would probably be killed like anyone else who says no to a grown male ovber there.

Hi James. Just 'who' excatly is 'wacking the kid'. That particular tradition has everyone carrying a blade/sword. I see no indications of the kid being 'wacked'. If you watch this when it is filmed on TV, the person, himself, does the 'wacking'.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
uh...that's just screwy. self-immolation went out with the black plague, kids. tongue-splitting is what's really in this season, kids! break out the x-acto knives!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join