It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deflation has just begun, prepare for true asset values, major correction coming

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have buckets of preserved food, grains, yeast, sugar, salt, pasta, and legumes, and barrels too of food and water, and a big Berkey with plenty of carbon filters in reserve, and a small water tower out back. I also have a system in place to extract water from city pipes when the pumps go down. and gardens year round, of super foods. I have at least 2 years of food reserve, if not more. Large fire fighting systems, and pumps, solar panels, battery bank, Invertors, generators, preserved fuel that I rotate each ,and 2 freezers full of food that will run off my solar.

Guns, ammo, knives, and plenty of different versions of the Bible to. Yep Im a real prepper, and have been for years. Ive had fun with it, but I also take it very seriously. Tribulation ahead. Hang on tight!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Have you ever tried half dollar bank box searching? I see a bunch of finds on youtube but have been hesitant to try as I would hate to waste my time unrolling all those rolls and find nothing.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Where do you live?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The stock market goes up, the stock market goes down. It corrects and people win and others lose.

I suggest that unless you are retiring soon, let a good mutual fund profit your savings. The Market averages around %12 over time but at any time you look it may be doing anything and make you panic.

Panic selling is exactly how the rich get richer. Buy low sell high works if you don't panic and predict it is never going back up.

If you are really concerned about economic collapse buy things you can store that you can barter like some have pointed out in this thread. Get grains and beans you can store for long periods of time and have a way to get clean water. Learn to grow vegetables.
I have chickens from my kids 4H project that morphed into me having chickens to feed.... But we get eggs and I sell them at work. We get our fill of eggs now but it would be a real God send to have food to barter with if it society finally went the rest of the way to hell.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Where do you live?

You may read my Bibles, but they are precious, and you cant take them with you. Many are from my Mom, and are underlined, with notes in the margins, and tear drop marks from long ago. Nope, You cant have those. Ill buy you one if you like though.
edit on 13-1-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Have you ever tried half dollar bank box searching? I see a bunch of finds on youtube but have been hesitant to try as I would hate to waste my time unrolling all those rolls and find nothing.

No, Im not sure what that is. My older son once went up into an attic after hearing a story about a lost jar of silver coins from the 60s or 70s. Many had searched before him. He saw a spot where there was a hole in between the framing, and reached his hand as far in as he could. He felt something, and heard a tink sound. He found the jar. It was full of silver dollars, quarters and halves. Some of the coins I showed you in the picture were from that jar. I also have found several coins with my metal detector over the years. Ive had 3. The one I have now is a Whites Eagle Spectrum.

I will have to look up the dollar bank box searching. Now you have me curios

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

One of the reasons I buy 1/10th ounce gold is they are unlikely to be fake like the 1oz coins. I also don’t think it is financially feasible to fake silver.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
That isn't the point of currency.

I'm not arguing the point of currency, I'm arguing that all present currency is fiat including crypto.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

These are currency, and they aren't fiat....

Stop being pedantic, you know what I'm discussing.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fiat has a very specific meaning, however.

From Google Dictionary:

fi·at
/ˈfēˌät,ˈfēət/
noun
a formal authorization or proposition; a decree.
"adopting a legislative review program, rather than trying to regulate by fiat"
synonyms: decree, edict, order, command, commandment, injunction, proclamation, mandate, dictum, diktat, promulgation, precept; More
an arbitrary order.

No crypto, with exception of Venezuela's Petro, is fiat.
edit on 13 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Fiat money is a currency without intrinsic value that has been established as money, often by government regulation. Fiat money does not have use value, and has value only because a government maintains its value, or because parties engaging in exchange agree on its value. - Dror Goldberg (2005). "Famous Myths of "Fiat Money"". Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.

Any non-commodity or representative money is fiat including crypto, it has no intrinsic value. Crypto is a type of fiduciary money which falls under the fiat money category.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

APMEX are also good for the quite affordable 1/10 oz platinum Britannia coins … fyi, if you like platinum on the wild side

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
www.google.com...

I dont understand how the market cant gap down with all the reduced guidance stories coming out

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join