It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deflation has just begun, prepare for true asset values, major correction coming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I don't know if it is all planned. I think some folks try to steer sectors of the economy a certain way to make short term gains. This is a risk, because at some point they have to put a stake, and it could all get wiped out. I am reminded of a few scams that attempted to corner the gold or silver markets in the 1800's that failed miserably.

Some things are certain though. The US debt is held primarily by US banks and US investors. SSA owns almost 3 trillion in special US treasury note (essentially we as citizens own those notes), and they will start coming due pretty soon. Raising interest rates is helping someone, and I would not be surprised if those someones have a link to the treasury and the FED.

My conspiracy for the day.

edit on 12-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

you may actually benefit from waiting because the market SHOULD gap down at least somewhat to adjust for reduced projected consumer market spending

but so I have found out SHOULD and do are very different

Agreed. I don't want to short the market, but if I jump back in at a lower price, I wind up with the same amount of equity but more shares. IF/When the market does go up, I make have a larger investment.

Once again, the system is irrational, and thrives on rumor and emotions. Not simple supply and demand crap/over-simplification that you get from most sources.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I do all grain brewing. Got a small brewery out in the garage. I can do 15 gallons at a time, and stainless soda kegs for when bottle caps run out.
Ive never distilled though. I think you can use water distillers. Ive also heard it is legal here to distill a certain amount per year.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Buy the rumor sell the news

Peter Schiff

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Color me impressed. You'll be running the Bar at the End of the World.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I do all grain brewing. Got a small brewery out in the garage. I can do 15 gallons at a time, and stainless soda kegs for when bottle caps run out.
Ive never distilled though. I think you can use water distillers. Ive also heard it is legal here to distill a certain amount per year.

I would check on the legality. I make beer and wine, and as long as I don't sell it I am OK. I think there is a limit on beer/wine (been a long time since i looked), but as I recall the limit is so high that it never concerned me.
I do recall doing research (academic only, never to be applied, no-sireee) on distilling, and seeing all sorts of warnings about US licenses, and how even distilling water at home, depending on your equipment, could be illegal.

Sounds like you have a good set up. You obviously know about "wort" and "beer" and how it is pretty simple (but keep it clean!) to do a low-alcohol brew (try champagne yeast sometime - 18% beers). The next step is to distill up to 95%. You can't go beyond that without really expensive equipment like vacuum chambers and such, because alcohol and water (from the atmosphere) mix so easily. Ethyl will literally suck the water out of the air almost immediately if it is at 100%. Go for 90-95%. Water the brew down to drink with anything you like. Or make your beer with brown sugar and distill it out to 50%. You now have rum. But that is a little bit of trial and error, and some nasty byproducts could get through your filter. Best to stick to 95% and enjoy. It also save space on storage.

You can ask me why I have so many Bell canning jars, and I will smile and tell you that "I like to can."

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Color me impressed. You'll be running the Bar at the End of the World.

Come by for a drink on the house. I literally mean on the house, because that is where I will be squatting with my shotgun and mason jars full of hooch.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I saw too many thinks that (I guessed) would make the stock market flutter.

Democrats in control of the House was an easy clue to follow. Every time they take over anything people will suffer financially and markets fall.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

completely ridiculous has nothing to do with it

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I saw too many thinks that (I guessed) would make the stock market flutter.

Democrats in control of the House was an easy clue to follow. Every time they take over anything people will suffer financially and markets fall.

That sentiment was not part of my calculus. I was thinking along the lines that divided power within the legislature would cause instability in the eyes of the market managers. Nice try at taking my post and trying to turn it into something political, where I clearly explain that I am trying to judge the emotions of fear for major market players.
If you want to make this political, be my guest. Please don't drag me into your arguments by piggy backing on a completely unrelated discussion.

Make your own posts/threads without conflating me with your opinions.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Hey, you have your nay - sayers, but from me: Kudos to you and thanks for this thread.

I see it the same. SAME = UGLY type of same; so, getting prepared here for whatever comes.

Ugly stuff ahead, on the local neighborhood level even. IT will go that far IMHO

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Let us know how you get on, the scuttlebug is that its thin on the ground, and some of the suppliers are charging a lot over spot.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

yeah see thats the problem, there's some local coin sellers in my area that are reliable but getting silver coins is hard

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I wouldn't hang around to get a some organised. The Banking sector should have gone bust during the GFC. All that's been happening since is that they are doing everything to survive at the expense of the economy. The Fed is owned by those self same banks, so they are advising the Government ! They cant normalise interest rates , because it would wipe out the economy, and they cant keep giving out free money to stimulate an already struggling economy, because the consumer is just about broke already. They will have to get nationalised at some point

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

They have giant totes full of silver dollars quarters and dimes from the 1800s and 1900s at my local coin shop. They have some gold coins too.

Here are some of the ones I got

I have bars, I think up to 10 oz. Heres a funny one

And heres what you protect them with. Organised by caliber, 50 mag, 12 gauge ,357,45, 38 S, and 22
You cant pick this safe up. they go way back

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

for sure thanks for the video watching it now

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I get the Apmex rounds and bars.

www.apmex.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: visitedbythem

I get the Apmex rounds and bars.

www.apmex.com...

I have been using Apmex as well. I have a lot more silver than gold. The gold I have is in 1/10th ounce coins so it is easier to trade.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Thanks to ATS, I found out that Apmex is on ebay and it is easier to use than direct.

Edit, I would never buy precious metals on ebay except them.... ebay is full of fakes and I would only buy from a reputable company.

I would also not worry about metals until you have at least a years worth of food for your family, water purification, plenty of "security", water storage if you don't have water on your property, or a plan and place to go if you are in a city.

After your needs are taken care of, then go for PMs.
edit on 12-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ive been stacking up silver rounds, and silver dollars for over 30 years, and Im still happy I did. Only a fool puts all his eggs in a basket based on trust of crooked bankers. I was getting silver dollars as low as 5 bucks at one time. My collection all started with an 1880 Morgan dollar my grandmother gave me in about 1964.

I like the 1/10 oz's of gold too. Even silver dimes are a good idea. Its the bankers that don't want us to think they are a good idea. Go figure

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join