It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“White nationalist, white supremacist...how did that language become offensive?”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What is the agenda of a white nationalist or a black nationalist?

Sounds like you are sympathizing for either or for the sake of defending 'conspiracy' theorists, which are nothing like nationalists, in fact they are the opposite to be honest.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

“White nationalist, white supremacist...how did that language become offensive?”

Just like 'conspiracy theorist' is a term invented by the CIA and MSM propaganda houses to criticize anyone who would dare question the legitimacy of their agenda - a white nationalist, just like a black nationalist or yellow nationalist is a term invented by these same creatures, this time to criticize anti-globalists or anyone who criticizes the legitimacy of their agenda.

Same dog - different leg action.

Then why do people define themselves by these invented terms? Are the over-lord masters that powerful? Can they see inside my head, and know my thoughts? Or is it simple transmission directly into my brain?
What type of tinfoil (or aluminum) do you recommend/use? Is colloidal silver safe to drink? I hear it turns your skin blue. If my skin is blue what ethnic group do I have to join? Will I have to protest on weekends? Do blue people qualify for Equal Opportunity under the Civil Rights act of 1964?

I am so confused. Do you have a group of like minded people that organize to educate confused folks like me? Can I join?
edit on 12-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I don’t think white people looking out for their own best interest is a bad thing and in fact it is just a mirror of what every other identity group on the planet already does. Just because you are racist against white people doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to self preservation just like any other minority group (yes, whites are a global minority).

I wouldn’t join them, but I don’t like human interaction in general and especially organized groups. I am already happy and don’t need something to be angry about.

In the US, white European folks have had it pretty good for a long time, dominating first the natives, then the Africans they enslaved. Oh, and the ladies. Let's not forget the ladies.

Good luck with your white self preservation group!

You may want to read up on Irish and Italian immigration from 100-150 years ago to America , 2 million plus Irish had to flee here to survive the famine and war ,

A black slave was worth 5x what a Irish one was due to the conditions , Yes white people were slaves to

That's decent enough, even now...the 21st Century, there are still those who are not treated as equals in their own country..these people are mostly white, however it could mean that people of colour are not equal too, while the irony is that it is their religion, [et al] that would preclude them from high office in their own country.

Strangely enough, many of those are not particularly nationalistic, nor would consider themselves particularly supreme as being white or black for that matter...they just want to be equal.
That being so, from my point of view, Mr King is frankly an idiot who doesn't understand what he is spouting about in what is already a highly exclusive country that is nowhere near as secular as it's constitution demands, and is closer to royal as in 'grace and favour.'
edit on 12-1-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think you mucked up the reply buttons there

TOP o The mornin to ya

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I think you mucked up the reply buttons there

TOP o The mornin to ya

Already reworked, I'm on my son's wacky laptop!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

yip me to plus trying to shop in Japan

cost of item £ 5 plus post yada yada tax = £ 32.75

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: links234

When did white supremacist become offensive??? Sometime around the random lynchings of non-white people.

Random lol.

And lol at the idea that it was only non whites that were lynched.

In the time period you are clearly referencing, far more whites were lynched than blacks. But don't let a little thing like historical fact get in the way of your righteous virtue signaling.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Recently re-elected Representative Steve King (R-IA), made this comment in an interview the other day. The comment has received widespread condemnation from both the left and right, with Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) tweeting today:

I condemn Rep. Steve King’s comments on white supremacy; they are offensive and racist - and not representative of our state of Iowa. We are a great nation and this divisiveness is hurting everyone. We cannot continue down this path if we want to continue to be a great nation.

The deeply disturbing comment by Rep. Steve King shows just how fearless white supremacists have become.

Link via The Hill

Meh, that's one Republican.

Meanwhile the Democrats have an entire wing of their party that are rabid anti-semites and white haters.

But yeah, it's the Republicans that have a problem lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I’m proud to be white.
The achievements of ‘white people’ are second to none.
This great western society that ‘white people’ have created is without a doubt the greatest civilisation the planet has ever seen.
Who wouldn’t be proud to be white? There is MUCH to be proud of.
MUCH!!!

But ‘white supremacy’? Of course that’s offensive.
So is ‘black supremacy’ and ‘Asian supremacy’.

To consider oneself ‘superior’ to others by virtue of race is of course, offensive and wrong. It leads to oppression. Like you see in the ultra-oppressive ultra-supremist islamic world.

Do I consider ‘white people’ to be ‘superior’? NO
Am I proud to be ‘white’? Of course I am.

Is that ‘offensive’ or ‘wrong’? Only in the minds of the pathetically moronic or the uninformed or the easily manipulated.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t think white people looking out for their own best interest is a bad thing and in fact it is just a mirror of what every other identity group on the planet already does. Just because you are racist against white people doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to self preservation just like any other minority group (yes, whites are a global minority).

I wouldn’t join them, but I don’t like human interaction in general and especially organized groups. I am already happy and don’t need something to be angry about.

Yes, that is correct. Nothing wrong with protecting a minority in the face of oppression by a dominant group.

In the US, white European folks have had it pretty good for a long time, dominating first the natives, then the Africans they enslaved. Oh, and the ladies. Let's not forget the ladies.

Things have been going poorly for white European hegemony though over the last few decades though, with typically oppressed groups in the US demanding equal rights and treatment. Equal to white people of European descent!

This has plenty of folks in an uproar (some would, and are saying, that this is understandable), from what I have seen in the last 56 years of my life. Mostly folks who felt that white hegemony was all they had to make themselves feel better than at least some of the people they shared the country with.

Change is hard. Get used to it. By 2045 it has been projected that whites of European descent will no longer be in the majority in the US, and that the population growth from now until then will mostly come from immigrants or the children of immigrants. Maybe your "white identity group" will gain some traction at that time.

Yep. America is going to be so awesome when it becomes a mirror image of the cesspool that is S.America.

America and Europe(and Japan/S.Korea) have been the standard bearers for civilization, rule of law and technological advancement.

This is because of white culture and that is the reason that millions from non-white cultures all over the world do whatever they can to get to those countrys.

When these majority non-White countries change to minority white its not going to be good for anyone.

All those negative things you mentioned have been all but equaled out.

In white/some asian countrys.

What self hating people like you never mention is that the people that you want to replace the evil whitey with believes in none of those things.

That's the great irony in regards to people like you.
The people you want to replace whites with for the most part are stuck in a 11th century mentality so all that progression you love? Gone.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Makes as much sense as a Gays for Palestine protest group.

edit on 12-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Don’t submit yourself to word policing and thought crimes if you’re not going to let the accused defend himself and clarify what he meant, or you’re no more than an inquisitor looking for heretics to burn.

This is an outstanding speech.

(post by Carcharadon removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You may want to read up on Irish and Italian immigration from 100-150 years ago to America , 2 million plus Irish had to flee here to survive the famine and war ,

A black slave was worth 5x what a Irish one was due to the conditions , Yes white people were slaves to

Barbary Coast slave trade. More whites sold into slavery than Africans brought to America. By an incredible margin too.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Difference being that an Irish refugee vrs a black person was an Irishmen could vote and start fresh all because of their skin color, a person of color couldn't do anything simply because they were black.

Difference being that the Irish were forced into the military to be thrown into the meat grinders of the Indian Wars, American Revolution and the Civil War.

Irishmen fresh off the boat were immediately conscripted and sent to die all across America.

And the ones that weren't forced to do that had the privilege of being worked to death in mines and factory's.

Wow what privilege! If only everyone could be so priveleged hey.

African slaves helped build one small part of the country. Irish slaves shed their blood all over the continent to build America.

The African slaves had it much better than the Irish in almost every way. Historical fact.

Not the garbage that's been pumped into your head through the idiocy of Racial Theory.
edit on 12-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

Barbary Coast slave trade. More whites sold into slavery than Africans brought to America. By an incredible margin too.

Exactly.

And when I think about white people and slavery, I don’t think ‘black slaves’

I think: Thats right, it was WHITE PEOPLE who OUTLAWED slavery.

I wonder when everyone else is going to follow suit?

(White people outlawed slavery, does that mean white people are superior?)
edit on 12 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

There were 4 million African slaves in America in 1860 while, over a period of nearly 200 years, there was just over 1 million European slaves in Africa through the Barbary slave trade.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Difference being that an Irish refugee vrs a black person was an Irishmen could vote and start fresh all because of their skin color, a person of color couldn't do anything simply because they were black.

Or you could be Italian and get arrested by the hundreds and have a whole city participate in one of the largest lynchings in US History.

www.history.com...

Police rounded up hundreds of Italians, even those who didn’t seem to be associated with the attack. Local papers fueled the fire, demanding justice and declaring nine men who were arrested on suspicion of a connection to the murder guilty before they were even tried.

When news spread that the trial had resulted in six not-guilty convictions and three mistrials, the city went wild. They assumed that the Mafia had somehow influenced jurors or fixed the trial and that justice had not been served. “Rise, people of New Orleans!” wrote the Daily States newspaper. “Alien hands of oath-bound assassins have set the blot of a martyr’s blood upon your vaunted civilization.” The message was clear: If the New Orleans justice system couldn’t punish Italians, the people of New Orleans would have to do so instead.

In response, thousands of angry residents gathered near the jail. Impassioned speakers whipped the mob into a frenzy, painting Italian immigrants as criminals who needed to be driven out of the city. Finally, the mob broke into the city’s arsenal, grabbing guns and ammunition. As they ran toward the prison, they shouted, “We want the Dagoes!”

A smaller group of armed men stormed the prison, grabbing not just the men who had been acquitted or given a mistrial, but several who had not been tried or accused in the crimes. Shots rang out—hundreds of them. Eleven men’s bodies were riddled with bullets and torn apart by the crowd.

Outside the jail, the larger mob cheered as the mutilated bodies were displayed. Some corpses were hung; what remained of others were torn apart and plundered for souvenirs.

The act of vigilante justice was decried by the Italian government, which demanded the lynch mob be punished. But many Americans, swept up on a tide of anti-immigrant sentiment, applauded the killings. An editorial in the New York Times called the victims “desperate ruffians and murderers. These sneaking and cowardly Sicilians, the descendants of bandits and assassins…are to us a pest without mitigations.”

The lynch mob—composed of some of New Orleans’ most prominent residents, including future mayors and governors—went unpunished.
edit on 13-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Through a Fiction based on Propaganda .

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

When did white supremacist become offensive??? Sometime around the random lynchings of non-white people.

So don't say the word white supremacist? How could we discuss anything if mere words and not statements offend? Change the word to another word that means the same thing as the previous word?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

There were 4 million African slaves in America in 1860 while, over a period of nearly 200 years, there was just over 1 million European slaves in Africa through the Barbary slave trade.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Wrong. And a quick check on Wikipedia would show you just how laughably wrong you are. Let me drop some education on you.

1-1.25 million Europeans fell victim to slave traders from Tunis, Algiers and Tripoli alone. The numbers of Europeans taken into slavery by Moroccans, and other various and assorted raiders and traders is completely unknown. It could easily be 2-2.5 million Europeans taken into slavery in about 200 years.

The accepted and acknowledged numbers of Africans brought to the USA? Approximately 400 000, and that's on the high side. Could be lower.

That's less than 5%of the African slaves brought o the Americas. Almost all of them went to South America and the Caribbean.

There. Now you are just a little bit smarter now. Use it wisely.
edit on 13-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: Spelling/grammer

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join