It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Patton Is Going to Perform National Anthem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Mike Patton, one of the most bad ass vocalists on the planet, is set to perform the National Anthem at the L.A.'s Memorial Stadium for the Rams/Cowboys playoff game.
I'm not really much of a football fan, but I'll have to tune in for this.
Who'd've thunk?
Will he nail it on the head or will he pull a comical stunt?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gullywampus

He'll do it well. If I remember him correctly he is a damn fine vocalist.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gullywampus

He could pull a war pigs, and i wouldn’t be surprised.

Well, actually, i was pretty surprised when i first saw the headline a few days ago. I think he has the ability to give a performance that could unite the left and the right into a fervor of patriotism that could render all walls obsolete, bringing humanity together for the common good, ending war, famine , and most diseases.

But i kinda hope he gets up there and farts into a sampler, and just makes wierd sex noises with feedback and a pitch shifter.
edit on 12-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Mike Patton is my favorite vocalist of all time. He has a vocal range of over six octaves. That's insane. He has been in such a wide variety of musical projects, it's difficult to not be a fan of at least one. I can't wait to hear his rendition.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Not going to bother watching live but I’ll
Be sure to catch it tomorrow. Patton is awesome so it’s gonna sound great.

I’d be surprised if he did anything other than sing it with class and talent.

It will be straight forward and at the end he’ll remind you that your favorite band sucks and he’s the only one making interesting music

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
He called in sick....A Violinist filled in.

Update (1/12): Patton announced on Facebook today that he “woke up feeling horrible” and will not sing the anthem. Greg Beacham of the Associated Press reports, “A violin player filled in and sounded fine, but we’re pretty sure he skipped part of the song.”

Spin Article
edit on 12-1-2019 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Anne Akiko Meyers performed the National Anthem in 2011 on the world's most expensive violin ($16 million & owned by Napoleon) at a Mariners-Red Sox game.

She is also accompanied by her screaming nephew in the audience BTW the performance was still incredible...

Another version minus the vocal accompaniment...

edit on 1.13.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

top topics

join