It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Castro announces 2020 Presidental Bid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
www.kens5.com...

Just announced apparently. Castro was HUD Secretary under Obama and is famed for his leftist view points.

Kamala Harris,
Tulsi Gabbard? (Dont know if she has announced or not)
Elizabeth Warren
Michael Bloomberg (hasnt formally announced as far as currently known).
Joe Biden
HR Clinton? (hasnt announced yet)
Bernie Sanders

Considering the dismal state of the Republican party, its pretty obvious that 2020 will be all about who the DNC selects as the candidate to be chosen to run against whatever the Republicans put up as a Presidentia candidate.
We expect but cant say with certainty that Trump will run again, but its quite possible that he won't or won't be able to.

It is very possible that many of the previous Trump voters will sit out the 2020 race if HRC doesn't run.

One thing is obvious from the Democrat slate of hopefuls.......they represent a shift further to the left of the politial spectrum.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
For real? This is how it works?

"that 2020 will be all about who the DNC selects as the candidate to be chosen to run against whatever the Republicans put up as a Presidential candidate".

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The list could be a mile long or just one person, it doesn’t matter.
There is zero chance that trump could ever win in 2020.
Anyone could beat him now that the joke has gotten old. Maybe even Hillary could beat him at this point.
He’s broken just like Humpty Dumpty. And no matter how hard the Kings men try, they’ll never be able to put Humpty back together again.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

You can say that, but then if you run someone who is as scary (or more) as Hillary, you may be surprised.

It is a sad state of affairs when the Democrats have to rely on people disliking a candidate or incumbent enough to get their own elected, but that's what they're doing.

They know their ideas are vastly unpopular and would never actually get voted on.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Pretty much. Think about it. Who will the MSM focus on and give the absolute most air time to? The Democrat candidates for POTUS nomination. CNN will be 24/7 coverage of everything they say and do. Same with MSNBC which will naturally pander to their base by focusing on Kamala Harris, Tulsi Gabbard and Elizabeth Warren.

Its going to be kind of like a 24/7 beauty pagent of the Democrat candidates.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well said and I tend to agree with you. I postulate that Trump may well take the Republican party down with him in terms of ever again being a credible "National" party.

And if, (and it is a big IF), the Dems can regain control in 2020, they may well be able to pass an amendment to get rid of the Electoral College. That would really put them in the drivers seat for near ever!

Gonna be fun to watch; my money is on Kamala Harris.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is a sad state of affairs when the Democrats have to rely on people disliking a candidate or incumbent enough to get their own elected, but that's what they're doing.

I know this is anecdotal, but many posters here on ATS, and many, many of the people I speak to in the non-virtual world (real life) have stated that the reason they voted for Trump was their dislike of Hillary Clinton.
I suspect, and this is just a hunch, that if (note i said if) some really serious allegations, facts, or even proceedings occur when the results of the Mueller investigation come out, a lot more folks will be singing this tune.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
my hope is Amy Klobuchar runs.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The bottom line:

www.vox.com...

As Latino voters have become increasingly important to the Democratic Party, and as immigration and border issues have become a central way in which Democrats draw a contrast with Trump, a Latino politician from a south Texas city might have an appealing angle.

The reason to pay attention to Julián Castro in a crowded primary field is simple: The Democratic Party needs high turnout and loyalty from Latino voters to win presidential elections (especially as it loses ground in the rust belt and upper Midwest), but it doesn’t have a deep bench of star Latino politicians. And representation matters.

Of course, the important difference is that O’Rourke is another white man, while Castro is a member of a group that is far better represented within the Democratic base than among its presidential candidates. But Castro’s prospects between now and the summer of 2020 depend substantially on whether he can — or even wants to — make the case to Democrats that this is the year to nominate a Latino for president.

edit on 12-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
www.kens5.com...

Just announced apparently. Castro was HUD Secretary under Obama and is famed for his leftist view points.

Kamala Harris,
Tulsi Gabbard? (Dont know if she has announced or not)
Elizabeth Warren
Michael Bloomberg (hasnt formally announced as far as currently known).
Joe Biden
HR Clinton? (hasnt announced yet)
Bernie Sanders

Considering the dismal state of the Republican party, its pretty obvious that 2020 will be all about who the DNC selects as the candidate to be chosen to run against whatever the Republicans put up as a Presidentia candidate.
We expect but cant say with certainty that Trump will run again, but its quite possible that he won't or won't be able to.

It is very possible that many of the previous Trump voters will sit out the 2020 race if HRC doesn't run.

One thing is obvious from the Democrat slate of hopefuls.......they represent a shift further to the left of the politial spectrum.

Castro is not trump right? Go Castro!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The bottom line:

www.vox.com...

As Latino voters have become increasingly important to the Democratic Party, and as immigration and border issues have become a central way in which Democrats draw a contrast with Trump, a Latino politician from a south Texas city might have an appealing angle.

The reason to pay attention to Julián Castro in a crowded primary field is simple: The Democratic Party needs high turnout and loyalty from Latino voters to win presidential elections (especially as it loses ground in the rust belt and upper Midwest), but it doesn’t have a deep bench of star Latino politicians. And representation matters.

Of course, the important difference is that O’Rourke is another white man, while Castro is a member of a group that is far better represented within the Democratic base than among its presidential candidates. But Castro’s prospects between now and the summer of 2020 depend substantially on whether he can — or even wants to — make the case to Democrats that this is the year to nominate a Latino for president.

Lol......Beto culturally and politically appropriating the Hispanic Vote from an actual Hispanic?

The Dems would never stoop that low......

I want every Major Democrat to try and run.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

The list could be a mile long or just one person, it doesn’t matter.
There is zero chance that trump could ever win in 2020.
Anyone could beat him now that the joke has gotten old. Maybe even Hillary could beat him at this point.
He’s broken just like Humpty Dumpty. And no matter how hard the Kings men try, they’ll never be able to put Humpty back together again.
Source

"One year of Watergate is enough," President Nixon declared in his State of the Union address in January 1974. But the embattled president could not put the issue behind him.

Nixon's most loyal conservative supporters voiced dismay about profanity-laced discussions in the White House around how to raise blackmail money and avoid perjury.

a June 23, 1972, conversation showed that Nixon had, contrary to repeated claims of innocence, played a leading role in the cover-up from the very start. Dubbed "the smoking gun" tape, this recording eliminated what little remained of Nixon's support. Even his closest aides told him he had to resign or face the almost certain prospect of impeachment.

Even as Nixon aides resigned and the Watergate controversy grew around the president in 1973, many congressional Republicans were arguing that the investigations of the president were overly aggressive.

Nixon resigned before the full House voted on impeachment, partly because Republican officials finally began abandoning him. But Nixon didn’t step down until Aug. 8, 1974, more than two years after the Watergate break-in.
Source

Nixon: 68% Gallup Poll approval rating in January 1973. By April, Nixon’s approval ratings fell to 48%. By June of 1974 44% in the Gallup Poll thought he should be removed from office, while 41% disagreed. By July 1974 57% – come to the view that the president should be removed from office.Source

Things can go south in a hurry. Nixon won by an actual landslide.

Not unthinkable that the Republican Party may ( note may) decide not to run Trump in 2020.

Thanks for you consideration.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Wow, Democrats are going full Communist for 2020. I can’t imagine a worse fate for me and my family than one of these POS’s getting elected.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yeah. So a repeat of last election. You guys say he can't, won't win. Then he wins and you guys get so worked up that you pretend that the election lasts 4 years after it is over.

The DNC is in the gutter. Right your ship.

Everyone is tired of Democrat BS. Only aged hardliners remain.
edit on 1 12 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Meh, I allege collusion with Cuba on this cat.

Can we curse on here in Spanish? asking for a friend.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I may be old fashioned, but I just can't see having a president named Castro. They tried that down in Cuba.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Not a good time to be running for prez. You have no budget and when Trump is done you may have well over 25 trillion in debt. Won't matter what party is in charge. Really don't think there are any responsible adults running anyways.

Pain is the only way out of this mess. Lots and lots of pain.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Is he going to raise taxes?
Create open borders?
Try to bring about socialized medicine?

Then no, he won't get my vote.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Meh.

Let's see what he has to say other than "Orange Man Bad".

It's a great story, no doubt. What are his plans?? Let's hear 'em.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
GREAT, another useless but somehow usefull name on a sheet.

I mean really...

Who gives an actual f**k?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join