It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody Took An Interest In This...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just had a cable internet connection set up, which is wonderful but apparently somebody took an immediate interest in one of the files in my research folder. I was making some back up files of my system and in the middle of copying my files from that folder when I got a message that I couldn't copy one of the files because it was in use. I traced the processes linked to that file and there was a program using it but it wasn't a local program and windows wouldn't tell me what program it was. To make a long story short, I think somebody was on my system and eyeballing or copying this file. Here's the file... Apparently Uncle Sam doesn't like people reading up on DU... I know alot of you are familiar with Michael Ruppert and fromthewilderness, that is where I got this piece.
"Low Intensity Nuclear War"
www.fromthewilderness.com...

I immediately installed a good firewall.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I immediately installed a good firewall.

Thats what you should have done in the first place. At least ya live and learn.

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
YOU NEED TIO SEARCH FOR THE LOGS relevant to the incident,youll soon find the bugger

cheers blog

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Bah, that happens from time to time on computers. It could have been a glitch or a number of other things. I don't think the government is trying to take your files.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Anubis_
Bah, that happens from time to time on computers. It could have been a glitch or a number of other things. I don't think the government is trying to take your files.

I agree. Unless you really do have something to be paranoid about, ignore this incident.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I traced the processes linked to that file and there was a program using it but it wasn't a local program and windows wouldn't tell me what program it was.

Do you remember the name of the process? Just curious...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I've had this same thing while trying to delete downloaded songs, and it even does it to a movie i still have when i try to move it to another folder.

If you go into safemode you can do what you want with the file, im just too lazy.
you change the files privacy settings and your administrative privilages in safemode to manipulte the file

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Apparently Uncle Sam doesn't like people reading up on DU...

DU?? Do you mean Democratic Underground?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Do you mean Democratic Underground?

No if you followed the link you would know it is depleted uranium, that he types about.

new topics

top topics

join