It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iowa Rep. Steve King Lament the Loss of White Nationalism?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Modern European

just sayin... Is it racist to believe there's a difference?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Being offended by what ANYONE says does not empower anyone to do anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Struggling to see the issue.

Why are the terms 'White Nationist', 'White supremicist' offensive? Isn't Rep Kings question valid?
It's like saying the term 'racist' is offensive.

If all these words/terms really are offensive, I do wish the Democrats would stop using them.

edit on 12/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I see people getting into the weeds here.

I have a shirt that says:

"Let's eat Grandma!
Let's eat, Grandma!

Proper punctuation saves lives!"

I am wondering if this King thing is similar.

Very often today, the very idea of Western Civilization in and of itself is considered to be a white oppressive thing. They will often protest in colleges if they have to take Western Civ courses because it is too centered on learning about old, dead white men. So to some in our country, they equate Western Civ with the concepts of white nationalism and white supremacy. It's a white oppressive construct.

So what did King mean? Was he wondering why all three concepts are offensive to people or wondering why Western Civ itself is now offensive and lumped in with the other two?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I see people getting into the weeds here.

I have a shirt that says:

"Let's eat Grandma!
Let's eat, Grandma!

Proper punctuation saves lives!"

I am wondering if this King thing is similar.

Very often today, the very idea of Western Civilization in and of itself is considered to be a white oppressive thing. They will often protest in colleges if they have to take Western Civ courses because it is too centered on learning about old, dead white men. So to some in our country, they equate Western Civ with the concepts of white nationalism and white supremacy. It's a white oppressive construct.

So what did King mean? Was he wondering why all three concepts are offensive to people or wondering why Western Civ itself is now offensive and lumped in with the other two?

He explains in his clarification before congress.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just because "Let's eat Grandma!" sounds like something an African cannibal might say, we should not oppress them. All culture is relative and they have the right to exist same as us. When they come to Europe, every effort must be made to accommodate their diet. We all know one of the major benefits of diversity is all the delicious foods.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I don't believe it. Every time I hear someone use the word "racist" my brain just shuts down and nothing else they say means squat.

I do believe that every time a Democrat says the word "racist," a Redneck is born...

TheRedneck

Fixed for you

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Liz is now calling for him to resign. I’d say the racist garbage is as good as done.

www.rollcall.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join