It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Democrat voters now more in favor of wars than Republicans because Trump wants to pull out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The United States is the puppet military of the Globalists and Democrats are more likely to fall prey to the Globalist agenda. It makes sense they would want us to fulfill our “duty” to the Globalist elites and their plans to dominate countries that don’t fall in line.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I have always argued for less intervention and small deployments.

In 20 years I will still want that. Some things just boil down to being able to think for yourself. Some people just can't do that.

edit on 1 12 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

I have found myself starring posters who I am usually in disagreement with on most issues.

Some of my favorite posters are ones who I regularly disagree with.

I typically star any honest and productive posts even if I disagree. I come here to see more points of view, not hide from them.

That way they don't pollute my otherwise pristine brain..

Ummm...dude...that pristine brain....was sullied...soiled...and polluted...long long ago...

There’s nothing a little humor at your expense...could ever claim originality...as per such...
It would merely be one more thin layer of detritus on all your long decades of self affliction...

Just ask your screen name...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What would gave caused the change?

Its all in the maths....

Main stream media propaganda + unintelligent 18-55 year olds = 180 backflip on moralistic issues (logic be damned).

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
Got me. I'll stop by the car wash and set it to "pressure clean." Maybe only take $10 in quarters or so. Oh hell, I'll bring a $20 just in case.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Got me. I'll stop by the car wash and set it to "pressure clean." Maybe only take $10 in quarters or so. Oh hell, I'll bring a $20 just in case.

Ummm...talk about brain washing...

From one non-conformist to another...if you use the wax and polish cycles...it gets that balloon rub squeaky clean sheen sound if you gently stroke the lobes...

Gently...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...talk about brain washing...

From one non-conformist to another...if you use the wax and polish cycles...it gets that balloon rub squeaky clean sheen sound if you gently stroke the lobes...

Gently...

YouSir

One question, should I use the brush cycle for that?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

What would gave caused the change?

Its all in the maths....

Main stream media propaganda + unintelligent 18-55 year olds = 180 backflip on moralistic issues (logic be damned).

Exactly, could you imagine the hue and cry if the press suddenly decided that Africa was the next great military intervention need in our time?

For a while during Bush's Iraq/Afghanistan adventures, they were sort of using it that way, and people were actually wondering why we didn't have military in Africa trying to right all the wrongs taking place there.

Now, no one knows about what's taking place in South Africa right now. People could fall under wholesale genocide there and no one would be the wiser although everyone knew about what happened in Rwanda between the Hutus and Tutsis.
edit on 12-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And the President wants to end that. He needs time, enough time to get people to understand.
I trust the man in at least this.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We haven't had the intent to win a war for some time, better to drag it out and then plunder, it's like double dipping.

tripple dipping if you factor in the waste in paying KBR and other contractors with close ties to Cheney

www.politifact.com...

LOGCAP grew out of the post-Vietnam downsizing of the armed services, reflecting the government-wide growth of outsourcing, which would dramatically affect the war and reconstruction efforts in Iraq. In World War II, one contractor was deployed for every seven soldiers. During the 2003 invasion, that number had increased to one for every 2.4. By 2006, contractors outnumbered soldiers in Iraq."

The report noted that some government officials raised the concern of a potential conflict of interest because of Cheney's former position with Halliburton, but that "White House officials said the mission took priority over whatever political fallout might occur" from awarding contracts to KBR. Since winning the latest version of the LOGCAP contract in 2001, the government has ordered work from KBR worth more than $31 billion

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Is that now how it always is though? They usually support the opposite thing of the other party? Its all a big joke either way if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Wait, so the president should bow down to his advisor? LMAO, you guys are ridiculous. This is why there are rules against general's in such positions. The military doesn't get to run the government, sorry. I respected mattis. He's an excellent commander. Doesn't mean he was correct.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Trump has to find a way to take advantage of this.

Come out with some crazy statement so Democrats can go against him, making them look even more crazy.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Since when have our "allies" done anything in support of us?

They seem to be content to take, and not give. And when we ask for support or help, we have to basically beg them.

With allies like that....

The old alliances, are just that. Old.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah, well the military industrial complex always needs an excuse to keep these wars going, and that excuse is some far away enemy that we cannot see.

I've been against foreign intervention in other nations civil disputes ever since 9/11, after the truth came out. It really woke me up.

I wonder who the next boogeyman will be. They can't seem to decide if it's Jihadi terrorists, or Russian operatives.

Maybe it will be aliens (the E.T. kind, not the jump the border illegally kind)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Democrat VOTERS are now more in favor of continuing the wars in Afghanistan and Syria than independent or republican voters

Which shows they don't think for themselves ... astoundingly, entirely subservient to their Democratic Masters.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It's like they say, if Trump came up with a cure for cancer, the Democrats would condemn him for it...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
yeah i'm pretty sure most Americans generally don't have a problem with our country waging wars on either side from what I've seen, we like to say a lot of things but at heart many Americans are imperialists who think it's our job to bring peace and justice and all that to the world .

just look how people especially women and liberals reacted to that whole kony boko haram situation when it was all over social media a few years ago.

that social media campaign probably helped destroy their power base but you get my point.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
ZeroHedge is an alt-right site. This means that it looks at things through an extremely right wing lens. There is no reason to think that it would be any more objective than an alt-left site. It's ludicrous for anyone to believe that a Democrat would certainly flip to wanting peace to preferring war. It's true that neoliberal corporate Democrats support our military industrial complex. Why? Because they are really moderate Republicans in everything but name. That's how far right the main power base of the Democrat Party has shifted over the past several decades. But the party as a whole, I'm certain it does not favor war. It's simply that those who control the massive money donations from wealthy donors are beholden to those donors, thus do their bidding — the same as their Republican peers. It's a messed up situation that is destroying America, and everyone who spews forth the continual misinformation and drivel that divides America is playing right into their hands. In other words, these people are fools; well, unless they are okay with being abused by the wealthy. Wake up people, this is about us vs them, the people vs the wealthy; not about us against each other. Stand united, not divided. That way we can make America great for all. Does that not appeal to you? Or would you rather continue living paycheck to paycheck forever with a steady erosion of freedoms and rights? Just asking.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join