It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Democrat voters now more in favor of wars than Republicans because Trump wants to pull out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: iplay1up2

When you have the Secretary of Defense, a General telling you why it is a mistake to pull out, and trump, with ZERO, military experience saying F U, I am pulling out anyway. That is straight up WRONG, no matter how you spin it.

When's the last war we've won?

Since when do generals call the shots?

PENTAGON CONFIRMS: The U.S. Troop Withdrawal from Syria has begun.

Source: www.voanews.com...

Kudos to President Trump for keeping yet another promise to America!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Grambler

i agree it is frightening considering the one who wants to pull out has zero military experince and is ignoring those on his own team who do..

I assumed you were also frightened when anti war activist with zero military experience wanted to not go into iraq or pullout, when the generals were in favor of going.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Glenn has been frustrated with the perversion and bastardization of the left, confusing some people about where he stands.

Every liberal I speak to from my generation is pretty confused about it all too.

We went from wanting a society where we treat each other as equals, to identity-politics based segregation. We've gone from anti-war, to say nothing about the war because it's our guy doing it, to being for war because the Orange Man DOESN'T want to do it.

This whole thing is one big # show lead by leftists leading good liberals down the road to hell.

Some may take my brash attitude and approach as an excuse to slam the left.

I actually want them to fix their party, our country is no better off if the already broken two party system has one party in a civil war of sorts.

Post Trump I've said the left needs to take the opportunity for introspection and restructuring.... My belief on that hasn't changed, though my hope for. It continues to degrade.
edit on 12-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I was all about destroying ISIS.

If we've done that, cool, let's come home.

We should have left Afghanistan even before I deployed there.

Iraq is populated by the most cowardly men in the world, save for the brave fighting men and women of Kurdistan. Iraq needs to be left to it's own devices, and Kurdistan given the whole North of Iraq so that Kurds can reclaim the identity that Arabs and Europeans stole from them a century ago after the First World War.

Aside from logistical and maybe a little SF support, we need to stop getting involved with the Kurdish conflicts as well. We can't mediate play time for all the children. Sometimes you have to let them figure it out on their own.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

a reply to: iplay1up2

When you have the Secretary of Defense, a General telling you why it is a mistake to pull out, and trump, with ZERO, military experience saying F U, I am pulling out anyway. That is straight up WRONG, no matter how you spin it.

When's the last war we've won?

Since when do generals call the shots?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the U.S. Constitution grants Congress the power to declare war. The President, meanwhile, derives the power to direct the military after a Congressional declaration of war from Article II, Section 2, which names the President Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces. These provisions require cooperation between the President and Congress regarding military affairs, with Congress funding or declaring the operation and the President directing it.
Source

The US has won every declared war in its history, with the exception of the war of 1812, which ended in a peace treaty.

During that war, a commanding general in the field, Andrew Jackson, continued to fight in what is know The Battle of New Orleans, on Sunday, January 8, 1815. This was after the signing of the Treaty of Ghent on December 24, 1814, before news of the treaty could reach the United States.

So yes, general do sometimes call the shots.

link   

i agree it is frightening considering the one who wants to pull out has zero military experince and is ignoring those on his own team who do..

Look here. Another warmonger. Do you even know what the objective in Syria is? The Obama policy that is still in place now? It's to remove the Secular Ba'ath Party from power so the country will be taken over by Saudi-style extremists who will establish an Islamic Emirate in the place of the Syrian Arab Republic.

Are you in favour of that? The people of Syria sure as hell weren't if the outcome of the Civil War is anything to go by.

link   

Who needs military experience to recognize offensive wars not declared by congress are unconstitutional?

Since when did you have to serve to have an opinion on war (especially if your position has a constitutional backing)?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Obama never even had the inclination to serve in any capacity that wasn't being part of the ruling class and he ran on a platform of "ending Bush's war", ending the surveillance state erected by Bush and the neocons with MUCH democratic support, and then he didn't do any of it.

He rode a wave of anti-war sentiment STRAIGHT to the White House.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

The US has won every declared war in its history, with the exception of the war of 1812, which ended in a peace treaty.

We've won one war post WWII, Desert Storm.

Korea - ongoing

Vietnam - failed

Operation Iraqi "freedom" - ongoing (failed)

Afghanistan - ongoing (failed)

Libya - mixed bag leaning to failed.

Syria- failed.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I want to point out that we did not fail these wars militarily. We failed politically.

For this reason alone we should NEVER use military action unless it is a last resort.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You know not only should Trump pull out of Syria, he should phone up President Al-Assad and tell him exactly where the terrorist leaders are hiding, the location of all their munitions depots, where their command centers are, the whereabouts of their barracks and vehicle pools and all that other stuff.

Then in about a month the Syrian Civil War will stop being an issue at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I want to point out that we did not fail these wars militarily. We failed politically.

For this reason alone we should NEVER use military action unless it is a last resort.

Point well taken and agreed. We obviously possess the power to win wars with ease.... But if it's immoral to begin with you're fighting up hill.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Obama never even had the inclination to serve in any capacity that wasn't being part of the ruling class and he ran on a platform of "ending Bush's war", ending the surveillance state erected by Bush and the neocons with MUCH democratic support, and then he didn't do any of it.

He did end up limiting American surveillance practices though. That you have to admit.
Also whistle blowers like Snowden were treated as heroes under Obama's watch. That's the part the right will never get. They want people like Assange drone struck so that the truth about trump's corruption will never see the light of day! What a scam...
edit on 12-1-2019 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

He did end up limiting American surveillance practices though. That you have to admit.

No he didn't. What reality are you living in?

Obama expanded the surveillance state through several reauthorizations of the Patriot Act AND the NDAA.

Also whistle blowers like Snowden were treated as heroes under Obama's watch.

Yeah? So why did Snowden run away to Russia?

That's the part the right will never get. They want people like Assange drone struck so that the truth about trump's corruption will never see the light of day! What a scam...

Is this your first day on the internet or something? If they had something on Trump it would have been released by now.
edit on 12 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

We've won one war post WWII, Desert Storm.

Korea - ongoing

Vietnam - failed

Operation Iraqi "freedom" - ongoing (failed)

Afghanistan - ongoing (failed)

Libya - mixed bag leaning to failed.

Syria- failed.

Those are not "Wars," except for WWII. Remember our discussion about words having meaning? the word "WAR" has a particular meaning in the context of the United States, and it is spelled out in the constitution. I posted it above. Here it is again:

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the U.S. Constitution gives Congress alone the power to declare war. In addition, Congress is given sole authority by the Constitution "To raise and support armies" and "To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions." The U.S. Constitution also spells out the military powers of the president of the United States: he or she serves as commander in chief of the U.S. armed forces.
Source

I think you are confusing "military conflicts" with the actual definition of "war" in the context of the United States.
edit on 12-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Also whistle blowers like Snowden were treated as heroes under Obama's watch.
That's the part the right will never get. They want people like Assange drone struck so that the truth about trump's corruption will never see the light of day! What a scam...

edit on 12-1-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I think you are confusing "military conflicts" with the actual definition of "war" in the context of the United States.

And I think you're confusing the circumvention of checks and balances with justification.

So Vietnam was just a "military conflict"?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Is this your first day on the internet or something? If they had something on Trump it would have been released by now.
Who is "they?"
I know of an ongoing investigation into Trump that might "have something" on him that has been kept under pretty tight wraps, and that only leaks out in dribs and drabs are required by the law to obtain court indictments...

I find this argument "If they had something on Trump it would have been released by now" to be a bit naive, if not completely disingenuous. Remember that Watergate did not come to a head until Congress finally told the special prosecutor's to present evidence they had against the Nixon administration, and then all hell broke loose. No one dreamed the evidence for crimes was so detailed and specific. The republicans, his own party leadership, went to Nixon and and told him the game was up.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

And I think you're confusing the circumvention of checks and balances with justification.

So Vietnam was just a "military conflict"?

Please provide a link to where Congress declared "WAR" on North Vietnam. Or not. That will answer your question.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Say what you will about Trump but one things for sure, he's broken the wheel of American Politics in a way no other person has.

Turned the Democrats into the party Of War, against free speech and assembly, and segregating people based on their color of skin and idealogy. I would have never thought he would have been able to do that in such a short time.

edit on 12-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join