It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Border Wall or Fence / Mainsteam Media on Spin Cycle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The efforts everyone in the MSM puts forth to not get caught in a fib or a simple misrepresentation to mislead the public. So Trump wants to build a wall and he gets hammered and crucified. But lordy lordy Obama moved forward on the Bush request in having nearly 700 miles of a Barrier and/or Fence erected during his presidency. Was he impeached over it? Its even mentioned on Wikipedia as per the link at the bottom of this page. So why is MSM and the Democrats on overdrive DISAPPROVAL on building a Wall? I just don't know. So Donald, just build a Barrier along with a Fence along that Border and the world will be a better place.

Please take a look at the Wikipedia link for all of the Countries with Borders in the World.

abcnews.go.com...

But some 700 miles of border fencing had already been completed along the country's nearly 2,000-mile border with Mexico, much of it during Barack Obama's presidency, as part of the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which was signed by George W. Bush. The type of fencing that extends from California to Texas varies according to the terrain and the population of the areas it borders, according to images released by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection in 2011. The types of fencing includes wire mesh, chain link, post and rail, sheet piling, concrete barriers for vehicles and X-shaped steel beams for livestock.

But look at this:

www.politifact.com...

Mostly False Trump Says Sen. Charles Schumer "repeatedly supported a physical barrier in the past along with many other Democrats. They changed their mind only after I was elected president." — Donald Trump on Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 in a televised speech Did Democrats reverse border wall position after Donald Trump was elected? By Manuela Tobias on Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 at 3:27 p.m. President Donald Trump talks before signing anti-human trafficking legislation, Wednesday Jan. 9, 2019, in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington. (AP) In his call for a border wall, President Donald Trump said Democrats made a U-turn on immigration after he was elected president. "Sen. Chuck Schumer, who you will be hearing from later tonight, has repeatedly supported a physical barrier in the past along with many other Democrats," Trump said Jan. 8 in his prime time address on the border wall. "They changed their mind only after I was elected president." That’s a mischaracterization of the barrier that won Democratic support 13 years ago. Just over half of Democrats in the Senate voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which was signed into law by President George W. Bush, including then-Sens. Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton. Most Democrats in the House voted against it, including Rep. Nancy Pelosi. The law authorized a fence along about 700 miles of the border between the U.S.-Mexico border. By 2015, U.S. Customs and Border Protection had constructed 654 miles of fencing, the Government Accountability Office reported.

Look at all of the countries with Border barriers

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-1-2019 by Waterglass because: revised

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
I love how they rate the statement mostly false, but their own analysis of the facts actually determine it to be mostly true.

Trump said Schumer and many Democrats, and that is accurate. We can debate what number specifically constitutes many, but he did not say most. Most would indicate over half, but that word was not used. Many is a relative term, and can be as few as ten.

Politicact is quite clearly liberally bias .

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

My father always told us never trust everything you read and that was decades ago. I always wondered what it was like to be living in Germany as a German citizen in WWII. Now I know

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You know what this reminds me of?

Little boy: "My dog ate my homework."
Teacher: "But you don't have a dog."
Little boy: "Oh, yes we do. We got one last, um, last week!"
Teacher: "If I call your mother, will she say you have a dog?"
Little boy: "Ummm... she doesn't know about it yet."
Teacher: "How can she not know about it?"
Little boy: "It... ummm... it lives under the floor."
Teacher: "Doesn't it bark though?"
Little boy: "No, it's a very quiet dog."
Teacher: "And no one sees it when it comes out?"
Little boy: "It never comes out."
Teacher: "Then why was your homework under the floor with your dog?"
Little boy: "It's a very smart dog....?"

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else read all this stuff about the wall and just think....

Its a bloody wall!

An entire country brought to a political standstill over a wall.

Its quite embarrassing really.
edit on 12-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It goes way beyond a wall for those paying attention. Of course you know that, but you'll pretend my country is screwed up and yours is above and beyond right??

Seems you have many of the same issues as we do with globalist/pc nonsense aye?

]]

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It honestly seems the Dems are willing to deny Trump's funds on the same project they were for when Obama was President. They both should be operating in the public's best interest yet neither one is remotely doing that, they are off on some political stand off,its crazy actually. Beginning to hate them both , term limits for congress.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Did you know that there is a stone wall that surrounds the 58.8 acres that comprise the grounds of the Capitol Building? It is immoral and those inside must be immoral as well, right?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Correct. Its "In the art of twisting words and use Thereof 101"

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Fence, Wall, Barricade. All the same to me too but I have some skin in the game.

Why I take the position I do is because I had FIVE uncles killed on D DAY on the beaches of Normany in WWII. All were on my fathers side. That destroyed our extended family unit. Sure I wasn't even born yet but to loose that many uncles in a day. How about the loss of a Grandfather resulting from being gassed in WWI. He lived on but I never got to know the guy. How about my old man. Hes seems OK but hes deaf. He cant hear because he never used ear protection when he was around the Air Force jets. I support the USA and do not enjoy mayhem.

edit on 12-1-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: worldstarcountry

My father always told us never trust everything you read and that was decades ago. I always wondered what it was like to be living in Germany as a German citizen in WWII. Now I know

I know exactly what you mean....

The propaganda coming form the German government was amazing.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It’s not just a wall, it’s a promise. Trump’s promise. And the Democrats hate it because President Trump and his MAGA Deplorable’s want it. If it wasn’t a wall it would be something else. Right now if Trump wanted to pull out all stops and cure cancer the Democrats would find a problem with it.

Last Tuesday I was in a business meeting with a couple of Democrats and the government shutdown came up as it impacted a small part of the project. One of these highly intelligent people said, “Why does he want a wall, only seven people crossed the border illegally last week?”

This is the kind of disinformation that is getting around. Many on both sides are seeking the truth. It’s 2019 and the truth no longer exists, I would like to see facts.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

To get the truth you need to read the newspapers in other foreign countries that are printed in their language; not English. Then cut and paste either the entire page or an article into a translator and hope for the best. I use Google so its a coin flip as to how they decipher it correctly.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
the Democrat Party dropped all support for any real or symbolic 'Wall' after the leaders of the Party were instructed by the Globalists that Open Borders was the New Model... and both the EU and the USA were targeted for mass Migration from Africa-&-M.E. and from the 'Caravans' from Central & South America on each continent---
objective: votes and the eventual civil wars with armed illegals vs Patriots

the remedy to the Pelosi faction versus the needed border security to protect the USA

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

edit on th31154731723012202019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
the Democrat Party dropped all support for any real or symbolic 'Wall'
edit on th31154731727212212019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

edit on th31154731731812212019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
it will take 30 years to build his wall...this country wont be around in the 30 years..
war expense now a wall expense..... Just another money laundering game.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Over one man's ego and unrelenting want.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Over one man's ego and unrelenting want.

Reagan initially was against amnesty until congress assured him there would be work on border enforcement, after 30+ years that promise has not been fulfilled.

No, over one party's hatred of Trump that will not do anything to work with him at all and run on nothing but hate for Trump and if it hurts citizens damn them.
edit on 12-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join