It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cockroaches and locusts attack Saudi Arabia in Mecca.. WHAT is going on ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Stumbled on youtube video and it seems valid, googled more and this is happening right now, been couple of days.
It looks like something what happened in old testament... and movies

In Arab news too
Link
Link 2

Now .. we go and wonder... someone is upset !

What are you thoughts about this ?
edit on 12-1-2019 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
They are not attacking or doing anything else that's out of the ordinary for locusts.
Here is a massive locust occurrence from over hundred years ago:
hearthstonelegacy.com...

I bet that many people went on and mentioned biblical stuff.
Truth is, nothing happened. The world is still going round and every now and then somewhere a locust swarm gets out of hand.

Somewhere there will be floods and tornadoes and waters receding. Just as they have done since the beginning of the world.

It's interesting, but it has nothing to do with the bible or god.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 12-1-2019 by ausername because:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Many Asian and even african societies have to deal with plagues of locusts on a semi annual to seasonal basis.

Although, is Mecca a bastion of greenery?? Locusts usually end up where the food is, not at random desert towns.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Plague of locusts...pretty Biblical in reference.

Cockroaches?...I'll leave that interpretation up to others.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

If there are lice, frogs and blood next I'll start worrying. But not too much because it's the mosque in SA...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Insects of a feather tend to swarm together.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

That was gross, but I think it will pass. Still gave you a star! It was interesting! Imagine if this were happening in LA, Huston, Chicago...etc....

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
2 words - record rains.
These cycles lie dormant until the rains come releasing life by the multitude.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Nothing a bunch of chickens can't handle, the side effect is fresh eggs.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Gross?

That's nature. Admire it.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Locusts are kind of cool...as long as you're only an observer from afar. Some of the swarms can become ridiculously bad. They will eat every plant that they can and keep moving on....scary for the most part.

Locusts (NatGeo)

why they swarm

A study by the universities of Oxford, Cambridge and Sydney has found a build-up of serotonin in the nerves of the middle part of the locust's body controlling its legs and wings causes, within the space of a couple of hours, the solitary locust to turn into its swarming alter-ego.

The finding opens the possibility of stopping the process long before it happens, by blocking the action of serotonin.

This could be used to prevent the massive destruction of crops that occurs when locusts swarm – a threat affecting the livelihoods of one-tenth of the world's population. Globally there are about a dozen species of swarm-forming locust in a belt covering some 20 per cent of the world's landmass, from north Africa to China.

Last November, a locust swarm 3.7 miles long devastated agricultural production in parts of Australia, and in 2004 half the crops of Mauritania were lost as a result of similar locust swarms.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I always wondered just what the locusts the bible referred to I came to the conclusion that they are either a kind of grasshopper, or the cicadas or whatever that my grandma would call locusts..
but I looked a a few videos of these locusts and quite frankly...
they look like crickets to me.

so, still wondering.
cicadas or whatever, ya, the natives thought of them as a special delicacy just like john with his locust and honey.
but, from what I've seen, it seems that they are a type of grasshopper.
but, these do look more like crickets to me.. not either grasshoppers or cicadas

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

This is ordinary? nothing like this has happened in Saudi Arabia in 1400 or so years.

I bet that many people went on and mentioned biblical stuff. Truth is, nothing happened.

literally nothing? then just simply ordinary Cockroaches and locusts swarming the most holiest place for many believers in Islam? now if it were to happen to Vatican, that wouldn't be ordinary.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The Torah, although disallowing the use of most insects as food, permits the consumption of certain locusts; specifically, the red, the yellow, the spotted grey, and the white are considered permissible. In Islamic jurisprudence, eating locusts is considered halal.
I'm guessing the black ones along with the cuckarachas are not permitted for consumption.
I like rickeymouse's idea of bringing in the chickens.
Then Mecca will be covered in chicken pucky instead of creepy crawlies.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

They are grasshoppers.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It seems obvious that Allah has sent a plague to Mecca

Perhaps this will give an opportunity to reflect on the practices of the observant in the holy land

Just an opinion

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: dawnstar

They are grasshoppers.

Locusts are grasshoppers.

Locusts

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
yeah everyone knows these people are evil apparently the biblical god does as well

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Honestly though, they look more like Cicadas.

Cicada

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join