It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600+ Megabytes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Guys I have about 600+ Meg of text files in my research folder that I want to make available online to you guys, but the folder is huge and I've no idea how to link to a local folder here on my system. Is there some way to post this much information somewhere on line? And another question as well, if I post it somewhere would I be able to fall under the fair use act and not get in trouble as alot of my information is from major network sources etc. I would lile to share this wealth of information, but don't know how to go about it without having to set up a web site.

Maybe Conspiracy theorists need a file sharing application...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Break it down and e'mail to those who want it.
If its small enough, you wont have any problem.
That way they can post it via a quote. Or why dont you post snippets your self?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You Send It lets you upload files up to 1GB. You can then post the link and people can download it. Be sure to remember that the files only stay on the servers for 1 week.

The only OTHER problem, is that people can delete files off of You Send It easily. So that may not be the best option.

[edit on 2-27-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Over 600MB Text files?? did you wrote a whole Dictionary?

awesome

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, I know Bittorrent is a good option, but I have no idea how to use it...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
hmm, try this:

there are several links to offers *I dont tested it*

Free Webspace Community

hope I helped you with this

dc

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
make it into a torrent and list it here

conspiracy.hopto.org:6969...

you need to register and login to use the site but i put a picture for a sample of all the goodies you can get at this place.

heres the pic
www.putfile.com.../5714043163.png&s=x3

[edit on 27-2-2005 by joepits]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just copy, paste and post the ones you think are relevant.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't know why you rule out the website option. You don't have to create a website that's all fancy and stuff. Just some simple, unadorned html with the links to the documents one above the other. It has the advantage over creating a torrent or using yousendit in that it will stay up as long as you want it there and you can add or delete links as you see fit.

These guys provide 800Mb of storage for free.

I'm assuming that you know how to make a website, but just in case you don't, the html should be like this:

The result when published will look like this. Not pretty but effective. If you need any help, U2U me and I'd be glad to help, although I'm just learning myself so...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i12.com requires you call and connect through their ISP (in England) to publish to the net.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I didn't know that, never used it. Just did a quick search and that was the first that popped up.

new topics

top topics

join