It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email recommendatations please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have lost my entire gmail accounts due to them all requiring a new password. I had it structured so if a new password was required, the password was sent to another email address and vice versa, Unfortunately they both required a new password at the same time.

In the week or so since then I have been locked out and cannot get back in to create another account or fix the ones I have.

Outlook is very big brotherish, Gmail is now charging for sending a code to the phone and big brotherish also.

GMX is OK but I cant get into that either for reasons as above.

I was hoping for "new kid on the block" types that are free and have very little big borthersh requirements.

Funny how we have give up our privacy in order for our privacy to be protected by them.

thanks for all suggestions.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
I have lost my entire gmail accounts due to them all requiring a new password. I had it structured so if a new password was required, the password was sent to another email address and vice versa, Unfortunately they both required a new password at the same time.

In the week or so since then I have been locked out and cannot get back in to create another account or fix the ones I have.

Outlook is very big brotherish, Gmail is now charging for sending a code to the phone and big brotherish also.

GMX is OK but I cant get into that either for reasons as above.

I was hoping for "new kid on the block" types that are free and have very little big borthersh requirements.

Funny how we have give up our privacy in order for our privacy to be protected by them.

thanks for all suggestions.

try box.com

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Run your own email through a POP3 with an Icelandic ISP. That is what I am doing now.

edit on 2019/1/12 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
If you're concerned about privacy, check out Tutanota and ProtonMail.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Protonmail would be my suggestion..

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Run your own email through a POP3 with an Icelandic ISP. That is what I am doing now.

Sounds good but I'm afraid I have little to no idea on how to do that. Could you please give me some pointers on it?

thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Protonmail.

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Ive gone with proton mail as i like the no big brother aspect of it.

thanks for the suggestions

new topics

top topics

join