It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The totality of humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
this will be short, mod's please abide

all of humanity continues to argue over small patches of dirt. together, we have access to all of the universe through creative invention.

we can work together to achieve infinity but no, we have to argue over who's patch of dirt is worth more

rather than argue over patches of dirt lets agree to expand our mind into the totality of universe

edit on 11-1-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Not everyone wants to work together. I just want my patch of dirt and to do my own thing without being bothered by other humans.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

yes and your mentality should be avoided at all cost

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

yes and your mentality should be avoided at all cost

I’m not asking for your approval, just that you respect not everyone wants your new world order. Some people just want to be happy and left alone.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yeah of course

You would automatically default to that response

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's a process. And not too long ago every village had it's own king and went to war with its neighbours.
Some want to unite, work together and make progress, some are scared #less by the thought. If you're comfortable in your own existence, culture and what not you can appreciate differences. If you perceive that as weak you constantly have to fight and differenciate yourself artificially from others.
There are still plenty of whole cultural groups deeply in an identity crisis. Like Islam fe where it's clear you have to be crazy to accept that as reality while reality shows you everyday it's untrue.
The age of reason and enlightemnent can only reach those with an unindoctrinated, but educated, independent but open mind.
There are plenty of conflicts which need to be resolved before we can grow together as one Earth family.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Yeah of course

You would automatically default to that response

And of course you propose a mandatory dystopia. If you want to impose some “we are the World” scheme just do it, but don’t inflict it on those of us that just want to live in peace.

Why do you Authoritarian nut jobs always assume people what to be part of your idea of an ideal world?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

lets agree to expand our mind into the totality of universe

It's a noble sentiment and not a bad way to spend some time. There has to be more and squabbling over land is one of the greatest drivers of progress. Sad eh? We wouldn't have had the knowledge to fire rockets into space if we hadn't spent centuries firing bullets into human bodies over territory.

It really seems like humanity is being divided from the inside and pushed towards multi-level conflict. Exclusion is riding high in the charts. I'm in this group. I hate that group.

There's a quotation I like and hope that it's true: “Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice. Hopefully we'll find our way through this bad patch and be able to 'expand our mind' again. The Enlightenment was propelled by conflict so who knows if this is similar? Oh the angst!!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
According to Google results humanity amounts to about one and a half trillionth the weight of the planet earth.

A relatively small problem. Plenty of dirt to go around.

edit on 12-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

We need , each and every one of us, to be different from one another and have our own unique path and purpose. Otherwise the scope of experience would be extremely narrow.

The problem only arises because of intolerance between one another. That is the cause of wars and arguments and not because people have different views and objectives.

I am against the one world concept where we all work together. That denies experience.

I am totally for diversity of views as long as there is a touch of tolerance.

I welcome strife and struggle in my life. Otherwise, I might as well rest on my laurels and remain in that state of existence where time and space does not exist and we can be and have anything we want.

edit on 12-1-2019 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

How about if those of us that like our dirt keep our dirt and anyone that feels differently can go out into the universe all they want?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You over simplify sir.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

How about if those of us that like our dirt keep our dirt and anyone that feels differently can go out into the universe all they want?

from Crowdedskies above

The problem only arises because of intolerance between one another. That is the cause of wars and arguments and not because people have different views and objectives.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

And for that reason we should surrender our land to those universal minds? You sound like a con artist to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Maybe you can put those of us that don’t want to be part of your scheme for universal domination in camps or something? First you can take our plots of dirt, our rights and then our lives. Why can’t you just leave people alone and “do you”?
edit on 2019/1/12 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Sure. Sounds great and really we do that. Thing is sometimes we need to exist or rather exert our existence since others sometimes infringe on our ability to just be.

It's really hard. You have to be honest and actually care. Not all of the truth is pretty.

Reality cant change if it is feared and unknown.

It's not an bracing at all levels. At some point everyone just sees what is working and they take the path of least resistance.

We all fall and fail too. We can't expect everyone to be anything. Work with what you got. Know what you have so you may be able to keep it as well.

Reality dreamt makes for poor dreams. Dreams without fear and ignorance are powerful and mold reality when awoken.

top topics

join