It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon legislature goes after firearms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
www.nraila.org...

Senate Bill 501, sponsored by Senator Rob Wagner (D-19) and Representative Andrea Salinas (D-38), contains numerous, egregious infringements. It would create a permit that would be required to purchase or receive a firearm, with each permit requiring training and being valid for only 90 days, limit purchases to one handgun and one long gun per 30 day period, require firearms be stored in a locked container or with a trigger/cable lock, require reporting of lost or stolen firearms within 24 hours, prohibit the possession of ammunition magazines with a capacity greater than five, require background checks for purchasing ammunition, restrict ammunition purchases to no more than 20 rounds within a 30 day period, and require firearm transfers to be delayed up to 14 days for the Oregon State Police to conduct background checks.

House Bill 2551, filed at the request of Governor Kate Brown, would define many commonly owned semi-automatic firearms as “assault rifles,” prohibit young adults under the age of 21 from receiving such defined “assault rifles,” require firearm transfers be delayed for up to 30 days for the Oregon State Police to conduct background checks, and impose stiff criminal penalties for those who allow a minor to access a firearm.

Senate Bill 275, sponsored by Senator James Manning (D-7) and Representative Salinas, and House Bill 2505, sponsored by Representative Barbara Smith Warner (D-45), would include language from the failed Initiative Petition 44 of 2018. It would restrict the right to self-defense by imposing a one-size-fits-all requirement for the storage of firearms.

Senate Bill 87, filed at the request of the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries, Brad Avakian, would prohibit young adults under the age of 21 from purchasing firearms and allow firearm dealers to discriminate against and refuse to sell firearms, ammunition, or firearm components to adults of any age.

I am a resident of the state of Oregon.

If these bills pass, I will automatically be a criminal.

Interesting. One day I'm Joe-Citizen-Tax-Payer, then next? I'm a criminal.

Just with a swipe of a pen.

What an interesting world we live in.

Of course, "they" aren't taking "yer guns".

Of course not.

Right WInston?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Told you once you should just move to Montana.

I do like how the Left Coast looks in Oregon... but their politics are gonna kill ya.

Sad to hear but it was expected?

I sold a property there after the "rainman" incident... when the state destroyed a perfectly good wildlife habitat that a man built with his own money... because he was harvesting rainwater, which you do not own in the state of Oregon.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

First they came for DB......

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah, a damned shame.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, technically you never were a law abiding citizen.

You've always been guilty of criminal thought, you "freedom" types are the enemy of the state.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Prohibit the possession of magazines greater than five!? But I assume revolvers are fine because they don't have magazines...

Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'll just behave and turn in all my "registered" firearms so I won't be a problem at all!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'll just behave and turn in all my "registered" firearms so I won't be a problem at all!

Well, it is for your own safety......

The government will protect you, the government will provide all you need(and nothing more).....

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You guys can do what you want over there, but how about you don't allow this to become law.

Or, and this one is not popular but, defy it and resist if it does.

Central Oregon won't just do as they say.

God, Democrat leadership is terrible.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Just make sure you have two safes. One big one well hidden and a little one with a few "throw aways" in it.

It's the government, their ineptitude is legendary.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think a "Bernie 2016" sign on the front lawn would suit the same purpose.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think we are, at the very least, being targeted by an out of control legislative agenda ON BOTH SIDES to disarm Americans.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Just make sure you have two safes. One big one well hidden and a little one with a few "throw aways" in it.

It's the government, their ineptitude is legendary.

It used to be a joke.

When they come for your firearms, turn all the legal ones in.

Then that night, bring your unregistered ones and get your registered ones back.

Sad that the joke may well become a reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

And just for a seconday security measure. Maybe leave a lot of empty high soy food wrappers in the trash and on your kitchen counter.

They'll be in and out in a jiff.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What a buncha fascists.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

And just for a seconday security measure. Maybe leave a lot of empty high soy food wrappers in the trash and on your kitchen counter.

They'll be in and out in a jiff.

Because then they know you're not angry or masculine because you took all that time to chemically castrate yourself.

Good call!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What a buncha fascists.

No, they are just on the "right side" of history.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What a buncha fascists.

No, they are just on the "right side" of history.

The "Write" side of "His-Story."

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
aren't there only like 5 people who live in Oregon? JK.

Come to Indiana where the gun laws are open and so is the job market.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is a great thing though, really. Don't let your love for the outdated document known as the constitution cloud your judgement.

With these increased laws, just think how much safer your state would be. Hell, it might be as safe as chicago one day.

Dare to dream.....

<<   2  3  4 >>

join