It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutdown to be Longest in US History - No Nation Emergency yet per Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Congress has left for the weekend after a final round of negotiations to end the 21-day budget stalemate failed, guaranteeing that the partial government shutdown will become the longest in history.

Source

On Friday, the president said a national emergency is the easy way to do things — "but I won't do it so fast," he said.

"What we're not looking to do right now is national emergency," Mr. Trump said at the roundtable discussion.

Mr. Trump made those comments shortly after meeting with GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, who urged the president to declare a national emergency.

Source

I have so many thoughts and they aren't even partisan. I feel horrible for the people and businesses that are being affected by this shutdown. Normally I am of the opinion that "you know what you signed up for and you wont get any sympathy for me." For example, when people who work in retail argue about their holiday hours/pay. However at this point, I don't truly think these government employees knew what they signed up for in relations to government shutdown. I feel like creditors should not be able to send bills to collection for government employees during shutdowns.

Also, while I know it is not as big as a deal to most people, they National Park aspect is really frustrating me. We have so few real, natural treasures left. It is sad to see these area because dirty, damaged, and unsafe. It really makes me dislike people even more.

Also, why did 7 House Representatives vote to not to pay back furloughed workers? Seems to me as those workers are doing more work than the Representatives here.

Why can't we pass legislation to open other parts of the government? Because people lose bargaining chips?

Mentions of taking federal aid away from hurricane relief infuriates me.

I am just thoroughly disappointed in our government as a whole.

I was going to put this is the Rant Forum, but I figured it was going to go partisan quickly, even though I tried not to be.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

It's sad that a pissing contest has gone this far, all in my opinion of posturing for 2020 (both sides).

Even once this is resolved, the damage will be done, for the precedence is set for this to be acceptable.

I anticipate seeing this scenario play out more in the future though it will be over different issues, and this will just be a tactic employed time and time again.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I want to know if its any deferent from a schomer shut down

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All Trump has to say is 'If his haters want to try to impeach him, GET BACK TO WORK.'

If they don't. It's been even more snip than it was.
edit on 11-1-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
I want to know if its any deferent from a schomer shut down

any different from a Schumer shutdown?

Is that what you're asking? I would say it is Trump's shutdown since he was the one who said he'd be proud to shut it down and not blame Schumer.

However, call it whoever's shutdown you want. It is ridiculous it has lasted this long.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
January 11, 2019

Wow. Look how many "State of Emergency" declarations are still in effect from past Presidents...

More than two dozen national emergencies are already in effect from past presidents, many of them already renewed by Trump.

See the graph here: www.cnn.com...

President OBAMA is responsible for 12 of them. The Mainstream Media would have you believe that if President Trump declares one to protect Americans, it would be a rare thing and a bad thing. That is Bullchit!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Saturday January 12, 2019

CNN Headline: GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN IS LONGEST IN U.S. HISTORY!

As expected from this Anti-America terrorist organization, right at 12:00:01 tonight, CNN started bringing government employees before the camera, to describe how hard their lives have become.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

and i bet they were all lying democrats, amrite?

no truth in any of it, hey lets mock people who have no wages and score political points, i am happy for you that you have not been directly effected

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
They're still taking over half my income potential into taxes at the end of the day- as far add I'm concerned, they're not shut down.

Bunch hosers. I sing know one government employee who is out of work or on the streets.

I don't know anyone working directly for the government right now that didn't get into that work to support a Clinton presidency, either... They'd be the first to screech if their paycheck didn't come in and I've not heard a peep.

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of what's not getting done because if this shut down? It doesn't seem to matter to my corner of the country.
In fact, I'm working extra right now. If I wasn't on salary that'd be great- I could earn more money to be taxed on!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is what happens when children run our country.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

While they entertain us I beleave there's a bigger storm brewing over the horizon...
My gut says its not about the wall, the wall is a false flag....maybe just another money laundering game.
better yet in 2020 election the next president will open all the borders take down trumps wall like the global elite wants.

I'm just one of the bottom feeders in the swamp there draining...

Out of the box what if we the people all of us, just shut down didn't pay taxes this year, I know they own the food supply and the grid they would just starve us...we are shrewd either way ,everyone just enjoy the show....

top topics

join