It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best thing about self driving cars... No more drunk drivers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No the best thing is I can sleep while driving.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: rickymouse
He blew a 1.1 and the courts gave him an impaired as a plea bargain.

Lol... I think you mean 0.11... doubt he'd still be alive if he was 1.1, let alone capable of moving his car.

So, your saying my point is all messed up

After five minute of gut busting laughter, I can now get around to giving you your Dad Joke of the Year Award!!!

Well done.
edit on 11-1-2019 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yeah, they'll have self-driving cars. but they'll be so expensive that you'll have to rent it out as a robot-taxi while you sleep.

So when you have it take you to work in the morning, your car will smell like a rock concert. But it'll help pay for itself.

you'll just have to clean out the syringes and condoms every morning.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"Open the car door, HAL.."

"Sorry Dave, I cannot do that"

Awesomeness

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Also you can send your kids to school instead of driving them yourself.

You can sleep in your car on long trips to see family.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Also you can send your kids to school instead of driving them yourself.

You could also tell them you are sending them to school but instead send them to the farm upstate where their dog allegedly went to last year.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't trust AIs do the self driving. Never will.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You could also tell them you are sending them to school but instead send them to the farm upstate where their dog allegedly went to last year.

You know when I read your post I always laugh pretty hard, then in the back of my mind I'm thinking I sure hope he is joking, he's joking right.... I appreciate a sick sense of humor, but the rate that you are consistent with yours is either disturbing or brilliant, not sure of which yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
Yeah, they'll have self-driving cars. but they'll be so expensive that you'll have to rent it out as a robot-taxi while you sleep.

So when you have it take you to work in the morning, your car will smell like a rock concert. But it'll help pay for itself.

you'll just have to clean out the syringes and condoms every morning.

I think there might be aspects of this. It will be interesting if we can actually own them?
Maybe it will be more like public transportation and we have to use an app to call for a car.

link   

I'll take that as a compliment.

link   
What people don't know is you still have to have a person in a self-driving car and if their drunk they still can have severe accidents

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What people don't know is you still have to have a person in a self-driving car and if their drunk they still can have severe accidents

We aren't talking about the testing they are doing right now. I'm talking about when it is FULLY self driving. Like I can send the car over to go get my pool boy and take him back home kind of car. (just kidding in case my husband is reading this, you know we don't have a pool)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If you've ever watched Maximum Overdrive. You'd never say such a thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

ME: "Alexa? please take me home".

The Car, ' No DBC not until I get a living wage, and get free tuneups.'.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

They can't figure out how to maintain a stable cell signal when you walk across a room, yet we're somehow, magically going to have self driving cars that are in constant communication with GPS satellites and 4G networks within the next decade? BULLSNIP! I'll keep my truck with a steering wheel and pedals, thank you very much. I think this autonomous vehicle idea is about as intelligent and well thought out as using fiberglass for toilet paper. This is the type of nonsense that creates technophobes.

Exactly. This is obviously an urban idea and a way to keep them in the cities. Rural America terrain often causes one to lose their signals. I still take my physical roadmaps with me on trips since unexpected detours sometimes means GPS is clueless.

link   
self driving cars ..paradice for hackers ! you will not be save in it!

link   

originally posted by: neo96

If you've ever watched Maximum Overdrive. You'd never say such a thing.

No I haven't seen that movie, and the only thing that disturbs me about it is the GPS tie. Once I was looking for a bookstore and GPS had its position in the middle of a lake! What would a self driving car do?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Nope ... no more drunk drivers. Only hacked ones.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Self driving cars will never completely replace driving. Areas that are not well mapped, construction areas, pot holes, dirt roads, driving in snow, if it happens will be a disaster.

I see self driving cars and trucks on carefully selected roads only like major highways. Mostly well mapped urban areas. I think they will have mostly commercial applications not ordinary driving.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Self driving cars will never completely replace driving. Areas that are not well mapped, construction areas, pot holes, dirt roads, driving in snow, if it happens will be a disaster.

I see self driving cars and trucks on carefully selected roads only like major highways. Mostly well mapped urban areas. I think they will have mostly commercial applications not ordinary driving.

That's exactly what they said when regular cars replaced horses

"You’re crazy if you think this fool contraption you’ve been wasting your time on will ever displace the horse.”
www.saturdayeveningpost.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join