It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Finds Out Border Wall Effective!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

When did ats become such a magnet for msm headlines.
Already posted here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Trump Shill Mill must be working overtime. How many times are we going to see them making this thread?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yes, we understand how embarrassing it must be. One thread is too many obviously.

You should report this duplicate to a mod immediately, get a cookie!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: pianopraze

When did ats become such a magnet for msm headlines.
Already posted here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Threads are allowed to exist in multiple forums. Mud pit is one. Adding link to my OP.

Thanks for the link!

YOU CAN CREATE A NEW THREAD: Quote the post that inspired your ire, link to the non-mud-pit ATS thread, and start a new thread in the Political Mud-Pit forum, making certain not to call-out or otherwise throw mud at any ATS member in the original thread outside the Mud-Pit.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I guess you're trying to rile me up but I've got no problem admitting that CNN are dumb.

I'm just trying to point out that ATS very much is a Right Wing Echo Chamber, despite what some people might argue. I mean when was the last time you saw an article critical of Trump get five threads made about it?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Maybe the wall should have vats of boiling oil?

(post by toms54 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
A ladder won’t work. It won’t keep people in.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have always asked those that oppose a wall one question.

Q: Will a wall slow down the people that attempt to cross vs an open space with no barrier to entry?

The answer MUST be yes. Therefore, it is effective, not 100%, but it would decrease the number over that same period of time. That would allow the BCP to manage those that do make it over, and provide a viable tool for them to help from being overwhelmed by numbers.

When challeneged that it is not 100% going to stop them (or a ladder would defeat it), I ask another question.

Q: OK, so, do you advocate using a condom when having sex to prevent unintended pregnancy?

When they say, of course...it would be irresponsible not to do that.

My response is, you are aware that a condom is not 100% effective, right? SO, why do you recommend something that will not stop all of those swimmers from getting through?

They typically answer,

Well, it's better than nothing!

I then ask the same original question again...

Q: Will a wall slow down the people that attempt to cross vs an open space with no barrier to entry?

Sometimes they see the correlation in the analogy. Get frustrated, call me racist and storm off.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Sometimes they see the correlation in the analogy. Get frustrated, call me racist and storm off.

How dare you use protection!

You racist, misogynist bigot!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
People need to read this article to understand that what money we pay for the border wall will be saved in a maybe five years.

www.motherjones.com...

From the listed article.....

In those years, the number of Border Patrol agents had, in fact, quintupled from 4,000 to more than 21,000, while Customs and Border Protection became the largest federal law enforcement agency in the country with more than 60,000 agents. The annual budget for border and immigration enforcement ballooned from $1.5 billion to $19.5 billion, a more than twelvefold increase. By 2016, federal funding of border and immigration enforcement added up to $5 billion more than funding for all other federal law enforcement agencies combined.

So, the Democrats are spewing crap about this expenditure, in fact, maybe the border wall will pay itself off quicker, but there will be less border security jobs after that, these people can go work for other government agencies throughout the country though, They can go work trying to find drugs being smuggled in by other means, that border is long and needs lots of people watching it, people who could be stopping drug smuggling in other areas.

top topics

join