It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk unveils assembled SpaceX Starship and it's glorious

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

You can definitely tell that he read Asimov.

That is an awesome space ship. Retro.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Are you serious? the rocket ship from Amazon women on the moon is our future? Sweet.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Even though its pretty cool, does this look way too small to be a 100 crew spacecraft to anyone else?

It does seem small, but if that is all it is carrying it would be very small quarters.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

This rocket is really intriguing... 100 man crew in there?

Not in test vehicle in the picture but,

Elon Musk confirms spaceship to ferry 100 humans to Mars

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

A little more info for you.

Here is a video. Start watching at 6.34.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I wish I was at the beach

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I think Musk is taking NASA's job.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Starship is just a little bit misleading, just saying.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Ha! Paint it red, and now that would be more spiffy then the NASA models. Just you know, use the super spiffy space paint, not the regular kind, that stuff wont even last in Antarctica temperate temperatures, much less space. Must keep the shininess till they hit the van allen belt at the least.

But shiny silver is cool to. I suppose, though since they have a cherry red car out there already, they should go for a match.

Space fashion...The next new thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Unfortunately, Musk doesn't seem to understand what being a responsible C-level executive for a publicly-traded company means. I know SpaceX is not the same thing as Tesla, but because Elon Musk is being praised for "his" rocket, it is totally fair to call him out here.

Elon Musk seems to be given special treatment by the authorities, seeing as how he skated by with a settlement from the SEC's lawsuit against him for securities fraud. It's funny that someone like Martha Stewart gets prison time for doing less than Elon did. He has a lot of lawsuits headed his way. I'm not sure about SpaceX but Tesla and Elon himself have some difficult times ahead, and rightfully so.

This guy should be in jail, not being the poster boy for other people building rockets ... the rockets will get along with out him.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

True, but it is more like a brand name than a vehicle classification

On November 8, 2018, Elon Musk announced that SpaceX was renaming the Big Falcon Rocket, a fully reusable launch vehicle and spacecraft system, to Starship.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yea right, such a bad man

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I really like the retro twilight zone look of it. It is indeed a beauty.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the but guster there. I needed that.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
All hail the 1950's B-flick giant space dildo! XD

Sorry, not sorry, it does look like a vibrator with fins. However, I completely understand the reasons for the design and they are sound (aesthetics are truly unimportant next to, I dunno, NOT BREAKING OR MELTING APART during a launch or landing)

Ultimately, in it's own right, it's a truly beautiful ship. I hate to admit it, but...it makes the old NASA birds look ugly.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Probably not many people know or realise that this retro rocket shape (and the much-discussed vector symbol for space rocket) is based on the German V-2 rocket, which in turn was based on the shape of the Wehrmacht "S" model bullet, for its aerodynamic properties.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Everyone commenting on the design...

It's a rocket. There is one design.

Until anti gravity tech is released, a rocket will always be shaped like a frickin rocket...

And chrome is the fastest, everyone knows that...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
also. it kinda makes me want to drink a Coors Light for some reason.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Even though its pretty cool, does this look way too small to be a 100 crew spacecraft to anyone else?

No problem! Here's a cross-section of the seating plan (space suits not shown):

Looks like a slave ship or people smuggling 😂

Ohh ok it is

library.bowdoin.edu...
edit on 12-1-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Looks like a slave ship or people smuggling 😂

The first people who go to Mars won't have it much easier. It's likely to be a struggle with a high mortality rate. There will be taskmasters and underlings. Mutiny is likely at some point, if harsh conditions and accidents don't kill most of them off first. The first attempt to settle Mars is likely to be marred by disillusionment and disaster, if it is not a total failure. Elon Musk will probably change his mind about going -- with age there comes a certain sanity and recognition of one's limitations.

On the other hand, the scientific discoveries -- like evidence of ancient life on Mars -- will legitimize the voyage in Earthling popular opinion, just as we tend to revere the early European settlers of the Americas who suffered mightily and died like files.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join