It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do liberals think trump supporters are stupid?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lab4Us

give us all a break...
This place is becoming a cesspool. I need waders to stay clean.

It's what you make it Silly.

I'm gonna be honest with you, let me start with the positive. I admire your conviction, I truly do, and I think many others do as well. I think your presence has a measure of importance in that you provide a consistent balance, because you are consistent, and I think many of us could predict where you would stand on something.

But do your best to help move ATS into a more positive direction. Be lighthearted (me and you have personally joked with each other and shared some laughs), reciprocate with members more, hear them out, find middle ground. I have been doing that more and more lately and I have found this place to be refreshing.

A few years back I decided to keep balance in my life, any time I'm on the internet, I'll project myself the same way as I do in real life. That means, I won't say anything to someone I wouldn't say to their face. Luckily I'm a mix of Texas ranchers (dad's side) and New York Italian (mom's side), so I'm a pretty honest person with a minimal filter anyways, so it's not a hard standard to keep.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'd rather be considered stupid and support lower taxes, higher employment, secure borders, supporting vets, getting out of useless wars than be considered "smart" and be for higher taxes, higher unemployment, bigger government, open borders and more wars.

Considering that the OP uses syntax like "tRump" and sources a Facebook article as legitimate...

I don't think we're the intellectual underdogs here. But shhhh.....

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Uh, the source, is facebook. " No votes were swayed by social media". Really? Becuse fake stories were shared millions of times. Just like I have seen on ATS, fake news stories, discussed as fact, quite often.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm still awaiting those uber smart arguments and totally awesome standpoints from those that continuously claim how woke and intellectual they are above everyone else.

...Still waiting.

Or better yet, another choice in a few years with a platform enticing enough to give a shot.

I love making choices, and I love better options.

If they present one of the above, I'll vote for it.

Guess where my faith value is.

Trump's platform didn't entice you?

I was going to do third party or independent in 2016, I knew if I picked either of the two options presented, I'd have to own that to myself and frankly that wasn't worth it.

But I truly hated Hillary, much like many people hate Trump. Eventually I got so pissed that it was just expected that she won, and the fact that she felt entitled to it... The whole environment made me protest vote for Trump.

I doubt I'll ever see another Ron Paul in my life, that is the only candidate I can say I supported.

At the end of the day Trump is a mixed bag, and if he can dramatically scale back war I'll look at his presidency positively. That said, he is not my hero, and not ideal.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thus my light-hearted joke.

I think people know I like Silly, just like to razz her a bit. And take equally as I give since this is in the Pit. In fact, I’d say a good 80% of what I post has a wry smile to it. But I post seriously as well. Most anyone can tell the difference in tone.

Community building is an art of getting along despite difference of opinion. DC isn’t much of a community when the cameras are rolling.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Always Vermin Supreme... and he wants to give out free stuff too: ponies and toothbrushes.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I had (emphasis past tense) a friend who was a relatively normal person, a bit quirky, until he turned full on liberal. Now he has been branded as an idiot by just about everyone who sees his crap on social media. The thing is, he thinks he is the only one who figured it all out. He is absolutely convinced he is right and everyone else is wrong and too stupid to understand him. Unfortunately, the reason people don't understand him is that he can't spell, has little to no understanding of the things he is parroting, and can not speak in complete sentences. (recently he said Trumpers need to stop repeating Trumps rederic - and this guy thinks he is smarter than everyone else) Anything he disagrees with he just labels 'fake news' and disregards. Yet he swears by fake news to support his own twisted agenda. Its this kind of blind absoluteness that makes one side think the other is stupid. Example: Its why flat Earthers think round Earthers are stupid. Its clear who is right and who is wrong but it doesn't stop the flat Earthers from thinking the other side is stupid.
edit on 11-1-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I do love this place for it's diversity, and anytime I catch myself getting annoyed by a member, they'll surprise me with a profound comment in a thread where I didn't think I'd change my mind or at least have someone show me why they see it the way they do.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Haha, I forgot about that guy.... Reminds me of the monopoly guy that shows up to the congressional hearings and what not.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Hmmm. The fact that the op spends a large amount of time on ATS, which is an echo chamber of the far right slaps your argument that he never leaves his leftist echo chamber to the ground.

Plus, if the arguments have been debunked multiple times as you say how about you provide some examples. Shouldn’t be too hard since it has been done multiple times.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

The fact that the op spends a large amount of time on ATS, which is an echo chamber of the far right

False. Not fact.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Reminder...

The Political Mud Pit is not a safe space for trolling for laughs. It's not a place to abuse fellow members. It's not a place to post every inane story you just want to rage about. It's not a place to spam off topic content.

This is simple: The mud pit is not a place where members can personally insult each other. You can rip each other's politics up but you can't get personal just to slag someone you don't like. Additionally, posts must be relevant to the stated thread topic.

you can red the rest here, second post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Fri Jan 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The author missed it and smashed his thumb... all of the examples the author gives to prove his point have been debunked multiple times... but see you wouldn't be aware of this as you never leave your echo chamber.

One of the biggest logical falsies of the left is to use bias propaganda and to present it as fact. Like Trump university...one can say it was a failed idea, or one could say Trump went out of his way to swindle innocent people. Anyone of us can paint whatever picture we want of any President by just changing up the words just a little to the same event.

As example the left had zero problems with Clinton bonking women all over the white house as the sitting President, even to the point of rape, but Trump playing around 12 plus years ago is an impeachable offense.

OP your point is moot as you agree with each example of the author. In the end we just want someone to accomplish the things he said he would do, and Trump has been trying hard to do that, unlike Obama who literally went 180 degrees on what he promised and what he ended up doing.

As far as smarts go, I find it funny that a good percentage of the Democratic party is those who have not been able to create a basic level of living in their whole life, and though a small percentage is due to things out of their control, a big part is due to poor life choices and low education/skills, so be careful where you look for "smarts" you might be surprised who is actually lacking them...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Lol @ this OP.

A lion doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I'll let you guys decide who the lion and sheep are.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Please try to stay on task and address the specific issues of the op. a reply to: AgarthaSeed

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I doubt it's not just liberals, lol. I have conservative friends who can't understand how some of their fellow republican friends can still support Trump after all his stupid rhetoric and contradictions. They feel he's hurting the republican party, which I have to agree. Trump's recent statement of how he could "relate" to Federal workers not getting a paycheck" made one fellow friend say "what an a-hole!!! The guys a billionaire and he says he can relate to people who live pay check to pay check!"

It's numerous stupid statements like this is what makes many people think Trump supporters plug their ears when Trump talks, lol. How do you support such incompetency and his defense of dictators and murderers? At what point do you realize this president does not represent American values? Not to mention his defense of a murderer (the Saudi Prince) and a foreign country trying to influence our elections? Praising dictators??? ...and you wonder why?

Maybe you should ask why conservatives are always calling liberals stupid or calling them names? I see it on this site everyday! I'm an independent and I'm labeled as a Trump hater, lol. As if independents are supposed to always support conservative views. For someone who has voted for both conservatives and liberals, i can agree with some of Trump's issues, but his poor character, ignorance, incompetency and divisiveness is just over=the-top. If this was a liberal president I would feel the exact same way.

The GOP can dish it out, but they can't take it when it's directed at them. I guess it's following the president's lead...thin skinned.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I respect that as that is his and your right.
My only question is then, what ARE the facts here?
Obviously many here dont consider Facebook a valid source of factual material, but outside of those beliefs, what facts are we discussing that were in the OP?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I believe author nails it. I don’t consider myself a liberal. Well in the sense that I suspend my deductive reasoning and life experiences for a political subset. None the less, I agree with his observations. The one thing that isn’t addressed in the article is how a small percentage of well meaning Americans have been conned. Kinda like my next door nieghbor. He listens to am hate radio by day and it has poisoned his thought process. While he is busy hating and fearing people he doesn’t know. His fellow white conservative, (cough....), brethren are about to destroy his way of life. Unfortunately, he will never see it coming, and that’s sad.

www.thepoke.co.uk...

Because they love to project. None the less?

edit on 11-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join