It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do liberals think trump supporters are stupid?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

If you are cool with the DNC and Clundung hiring Russian intelligence to run opposition research on a US president.

Again, publicly available data....not even confidential.

edit on 1 11 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: mikell

I’ll go one better, Diane Feinstein, the leader of the anti-gun movement, freely admits that she used to carry concealed, in California no less, at a time when it was illegal to do so. Received among the first CCW permits issued in California. Why? Because her husband had business dealings with terrorists and she feared for her safety. Her job in the Senate includes sitting on the subcommittee that determines if a person has the right ethics and moral compass to be a Supreme Court Judge.

If only I had that level of intellect...

You forgot to add that on her committees, her aids must wake her up and whisper answers in her ear before she can respond with “her” position on a topic...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: soundguy
I believe author nails it. I don’t consider myself a liberal. Well in the sense that I suspend my deductive reasoning and life experiences for a political subset. None the less, I agree with his observations. The one thing that isn’t addressed in the article is how a small percentage of well meaning Americans have been conned. Kinda like my next door nieghbor. He listens to am hate radio by day and it has poisoned his thought process. While he is busy hating and fearing people he doesn’t know. His fellow white conservative, (cough....), brethren are about to destroy his way of life. Unfortunately, he will never see it coming, and that’s sad.

www.thepoke.co.uk...

The author missed it and smashed his thumb... all of the examples the author gives to prove his point have been debunked multiple times... but see you wouldn't be aware of this as you never leave your echo chamber.

How do you mean? He's here posting in ATS (a majority MAGA echo chamber)....

He may be posting and trolling, but he certainly doesn't actually read or comprehend anything...

Then I'll take your response as affirmation that contrary to your initial rebuttal, he is in fact here in a MAGA echo-chamber....

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

LOLOL

"Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible," Trump said.

incredible? more like sad and pathetic. lol

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
As I say repeatedly. Right wingers lie, they lie all the time, it’s what they do. a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

I struggle against thinking of conservatives as stupid. In that struggle I consider that if they are not stupid, then maybe I am. But I know I am not. Misinformed at times certainly. Could that be it, that they are just misinformed? Certainly.

So I study their information and try to discover what information they might have that I have yet to take in and attempt to see things from their point of view, suspending my own point of view as best I can.

And then I find a thread like this one. One that lays out a cogent reason why so many of us are at a loss as to how these Trump supporters can continue to not see him in a fashion similar to ours. That list was comprehensive. Like that notion of '' death by a thousand needles''. It's all the little things that supporters choose to ignore. So maybe it is not that they are ignorant as that can be remedied with more information but rather that they are willfully ignorant, choosing to dismiss relevant information.

And this is played out as proof in two of the early replies to your OP. One claims that the points in the article have all been rebutted, which is false and then another which claims that you are a liberal, hence not being worthy of being listened to. And while your OP only garnered a few stars, those to recieved an abundance of favorable stars.

This as well plays out as an indication of the bias of this site, one which, not surprisingly, is also ignored by supporters.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: soundguy
I believe author nails it. I don’t consider myself a liberal. Well in the sense that I suspend my deductive reasoning and life experiences for a political subset. None the less, I agree with his observations. The one thing that isn’t addressed in the article is how a small percentage of well meaning Americans have been conned. Kinda like my next door nieghbor. He listens to am hate radio by day and it has poisoned his thought process. While he is busy hating and fearing people he doesn’t know. His fellow white conservative, (cough....), brethren are about to destroy his way of life. Unfortunately, he will never see it coming, and that’s sad.

www.thepoke.co.uk...

The author missed it and smashed his thumb... all of the examples the author gives to prove his point have been debunked multiple times... but see you wouldn't be aware of this as you never leave your echo chamber.

How do you mean? He's here posting in ATS (a majority MAGA echo chamber)....

I've watched a lot of democrats and anti-Trumpers change and start liking Trump. That's probably why this looks like a MAGA echo chamber to you. Nearly every forum and comment section looks like a MAGA echo chamber now. That's because the majority of Americans are pro Trump. Whether it was your intention or not, thanks for pulling your own Jim Acosta.

I'm not sure what you think you've proven....

Do you frequent any non-MAGA echo chambers? I do, and boy howdy you'd get an entirely different assessment of Trump's support on those forums. Are you really proclaiming some wide ranging growth in support of Trump merely by assessing responses on ATS forums?......

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'd rather be considered stupid and support lower taxes, higher employment, secure borders, supporting vets, getting out of useless wars than be considered "smart" and be for higher taxes, higher unemployment, bigger government, open borders and more wars.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: JBurns

lol

why are blue states richer?

the number one employer of most red states is Walmart. lol

Why are blue states higher in crime? Why are blue cities run down with impoverished neighborhoods? Why are blue cities so high in welfare recipients? Now THAT'S stupid. I'd much rather be in a red state surrounded by peace and a lower cost of living.

What's the number one employer of blue states, fast food or government paying sitizens' handouts?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

why would russians need polling data on US citizens?

why would the trump's campaign manager give them that information?

and, then lie about it?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

lol

that's funny - red states don't have impoverished neighborhoods? i grew up in a red state lol.

why are red states so high in welfare recipients?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Wow you have any back up for those claims?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'd rather be considered stupid and support lower taxes, higher employment, secure borders, supporting vets, getting out of useless wars than be considered "smart" and be for higher taxes, higher unemployment, bigger government, open borders and more wars.

Doesn't matter cus yur stoopid.

Source: See OP.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Adding to this, didn't Feinstein employ a Chinese spy for 20 years? What are your thoughts on that knoxie????

link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

give us all a break...
This place is becoming a cesspool. I need waders to stay clean.

link   
I can bet 90% of the people freaking out over this didnt even read the article.

Its not that people think you're actually stupid, it's that some people think you made a stupid decision to vote for a man who is morally and ethically corrupt. I like to compare him churchill, once hes done his job get rid of him. Hes a business man given extreme power to abuse the nations security to allow him to make and delegate economics decisions, but his politics are terrible.

Hes a bad leader and person when you look at his record of dumbassness, lies and scandles.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

My guess is if you had made this OP (with the manner you just made that post, with tact), it would have gotten more stars and more flags.

I'm speaking for myself, but if someone lays out their point of view in a constructive way, I typically give a star regardless of my level of agreement or lack there of.

But if someone is typically just nasty, and throwing s### at the wall to see if it sticks, even if I agree with the opinion without the fluff, I won't star.

Some trolling is tasteful and hilarious, but if I can tell it's someones soul purpose, I rarely star them.

To your point of bias on this board, I think it makes sense. This is a conspiracy site, and I'd say Trump ranks high as an anti-establishment president. So it doesn't confuse me that the board may favor him (or at least those active right now).

My guess is this site is pretty well balanced at the end of the day, and maybe some of the members have switched to lurking mode during this environment.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

give us all a break...

Oh dear Karen.

You are very much a part of this 'cesspool.'

You drive it and thrive in it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

give us all a break...

LoL you were never clean to begin with, I hate to dig to that level, but to sit here and watch you accuse others of ANYTHING is a giant display of hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Cesspool... Mudpit...

If only someone would come along to Drain the Swamp, but would anyone believe?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join