It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do liberals think trump supporters are stupid?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
a reply to: network dude

Seems that calling troll is the only defense people have to protect their inability to face the truth. I am not trolling and border agents have to deal with this reality of asylum process everyday.

What kind of sense would it make to criminalize the act of fleeing persecution?

LOL, if you enter at one of the gates, it's not illegal and completely acceptable. In fact, it's why there are gates in the first damn place.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Seems that calling troll is the only defense people have to protect their inability to face the truth. I am not trolling and border agents have to deal with this reality of asylum process everyday.

LOL, if you enter at one of the gates, it's not illegal and completely acceptable. In fact, it's why there are gates in the first damn place.

And if the gates are shut or trickled then should you just waller in your persecution?

Society has agreed through treaties that if you are being persecuted then you can cross anywhere legally.

It is ok if you do not want it to be that way.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I don't know how many other ways to say this. Breaking into the country is illegal. Claiming asylum doesn't change that part. If it does, prove it. here, www.ilrc.org... www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

Yea we are talking about asylum...not immigration

you are confused

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't know how many other ways to say this. Breaking into the country is illegal. Claiming asylum doesn't change that part. If it does, prove it. here, www.ilrc.org... www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

you are confused

so no link. I just want that to be clear for all to see. You have nothing but opinion to back this up.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

And if the gates are shut or trickled then should you just waller in your persecution?

Society has agreed through treaties that if you are being persecuted then you can cross anywhere legally.

It is ok if you do not want it to be that way.

if there is no money in your bank and you need groceries, should you just be allowed to take a few hundred?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Why would people be seeking asylum from Mexico?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

you are confused

so no link. I just want that to be clear for all to see. You have nothing but opinion to back this up.

lol
It is a real life fact and is happening right in front of your eyes. You can cry link all you want but the truth can be found with a simple search of asylum laws. It is a matter of actual process.

Another big clue for you is the lack of people being charged for seeking asylum by crossing between ports. I doubt you will let a little think like reality get in your way.

If you are really interested then search google for asylum laws.

INA: ACT 208 - ASYLUM 1/

that is your search term.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

A variety of reasons. There are few actual slaves but imagine you are held captive on the border in mexico and you manage to escape. Would you seek out a port of entry or run across at the nearest point.

Now imagine you are a government.. would it be fair to charge that escapee with a crime for fleeing violence or would you rather make it legal to cross anywhere for them thereby encouraging them to try to get away.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

A variety of reasons. There are few actual slaves but imagine you are held captive on the border in mexico and you manage to escape. Would you seek out a port of entry or run across at the nearest point.

Now imagine you are a government.. would it be fair to charge that escapee with a crime for fleeing violence or would you rather make it legal to cross anywhere for them thereby encouraging them to try to get away.

Two things:
Firstly, asylum is not for people who are kidnapped. If a person is kidnapped in Mexico and escape they go to the Mexican police.
There is no case for asylum from the Mexican govt - or if there is it is for a handful of rare cases here and there, not thousands.

Secondly, imagining I am the US govt as you asked, I would correctly send people seeking asylum from Mexico back to Mexico and have that Govt take care of the problem through it's legal system.

So I ask again - what are the Mexcian govt. doing to their people that means the US should be taking in Mexicans under asylum laws? Are people fleeing war in Mexico or face an imminent threat from the Mexican govt?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

you are confused

lol
It is a real life fact and is happening right in front of your eyes. You can cry link all you want but the truth can be found with a simple search of asylum laws. It is a matter of actual process.

Another big clue for you is the lack of people being charged for seeking asylum by crossing between ports. I doubt you will let a little think like reality get in your way.

I checked and it said you were wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Let me reiterate;

I will always side with more freedoms, not less. More individual rights, not less.

I've always tried to live that way.

And ultimately, I find myself at odds mostly with those that adhere to a leftist ideology.

If desiring more rights, more freedoms, more emphasis on individuality and individual rights is stupid, then please, call me stupid.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What if it is the police that have kidnapped someone? What if they are being paid by the cartel. do not think you know much about the mexican police or the asylum process in the usa.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

you are confused

lol

I checked and it said you were wrong.

It can not talk. You would not have the balls to admit the truth anyhow.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What if it is the police that have kidnapped someone? What if they are being paid by the cartel. do not think you know much about the mexican police or the asylum process in the usa.

If there is a rogue element of the police force, it is the reponsibility of the Mexican govt to address it.
Asylum is not for protection against Mexico's drug cartels.

I don;t think you know what asylum is.

Asylum has two basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country. Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.

This is not about your neighbour or local criminals being assholes to you. It is about real persecution by the authorities.
How are the Mexican govt persecuting people based on race, religion, nationality, politics or social group?

edit on 16/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

you are proving the op....

yes it is possible to be persecuted in mexico and then claim asylum in the usa.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You didn;t answer my question.
How are the Mexican govt persecuting people based on race, religion, nationality, politics or social group?

You can make as many statements as you like, but they mean nothing if you can't back them up.

edit on 16/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You can make as many statements as you like, but they mean nothing if you can't back them up.

You are being a funny poster.

The usa currently takes in thousands of mexican asylum seekers every year based on persecution. You do not need me to prove to you anything.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Because it is a sh!t hole country and the people there would rather leech off of an established 1st world nation and their economy rather than put in any effort to fix their own country.

USA wasnt always a nice place to live but Americans worked hard and built the greatest nation in history.

Democrats don't seem to care if they destroy everything Americans worked hard to build and their voters are a growing population of people that dont want to work hard. The dems have promoted the idea that nobody should be responsible for their own decisions. They have become a trojan horse and if true hard working Americans need to stop this attack.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The usa currently takes in thousands of mexican asylum seekers every year based on persecution. You do not need me to prove to you anything.

Can you provide me a linked source for USA taking in thousands of Mexican asylum seekers? The majority of actual asylum seekers reaching our southern border are not Mexican but from further south in Central and South American countries. If I am wrong, I would like to be enlightened.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Mexican are probably the smallest percentage of successful applications. There are people on this planet that are actually being honestly persecuted and deserve entry.

Just because a Mexican has an easier life of the US does not mean they deserve asylum.

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join