It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do liberals think trump supporters are stupid?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Your W-4 is the form you use to quantify the number of people you are going to claim on your tax return for standard deductions. You can choose to add more money to be taken out by your company's accounting department for anticipated taxes in the next fiscal year. Beyond that, the government determines the tax tables - less taxes being withheld from the get-go means a net increase in your paycheck. That increase in the paycheck amount is your "refund," just not a lump sum at the end of the year.

A lot of people don't even get paystubs anymore, it's all direct deposit - but if they were to maintain records of their deposited earnings (given that their pay rate has remained constant) they could do an apples-to-apples comparison of their net paychecks. But why do that when one can cry about their not-so-fat "refund check" - a refund which one should ideally strive to have as small as possible regardless of who is President

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
a reply to: DBCowboy

People are illegally crossing and using our failed system to game it.

No that is just msm spin. People are coming across legally and turning themselves in and seeking asylum. That makes them eligible for welfare. If they were not legally seeking asylum then they could not get benefits.

This is a problem the government could fix without dividing the country with misinformation. Take away welfare and allow the public to do charity without fear of being arrested or ticketed for helping folks.

There is no wall that can stop people from coming and crossing legally and seeking asylum.

I am continually amazed at the level at which you don't get it.

Read this next part as slowly and carefully as you can please:

Legal immigration is OK. Entering through a legal port of entry is exactly why we have legal ports of entry.
If you cross in a spot that isn't a legal port of entry, it's ILLEGAL, and what we call "a crime".

If you don't believe that, or dispute it, bring a link to a factual reason why. If you are correct, I will have been wrong and can admit that.

edit on 16-2-2019 by network dude because: can't spell to save my damn life.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I believe author nails it. I don’t consider myself a liberal. Well in the sense that I suspend my deductive reasoning and life experiences for a political subset. None the less, I agree with his observations. The one thing that isn’t addressed in the article is how a small percentage of well meaning Americans have been conned. Kinda like my next door nieghbor. He listens to am hate radio by day and it has poisoned his thought process. While he is busy hating and fearing people he doesn’t know. His fellow white conservative, (cough....), brethren are about to destroy his way of life. Unfortunately, he will never see it coming, and that’s sad.

When you run out of logical points to defend your side of a debate the only thing the Left can do is use the Ad Hominem Fallacy.

As example:

We need the Wall
Liberal: No we don't, it doesn't work

Well yes it does and here is proof it does..shows factual data
Liberal: It doesn't work, they can build tunnels, catapults, ladders etc

Well yes they can but that all takes time, energy and money and forces them to use single points of entry for 1000s and that makes it very easy for the patrol to work with compared to random crossing across 100s of miles.

Liberal: Well you are stupid and a racist...

edit on 16-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

There is no wall that can stop people from coming and crossing legally and seeking asylum.

There are currently about 700 miles of existing walls that do just that.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: thegeneraldisarray

Your W-4 is the form you use to quantify the number of people you are going to claim on your tax return for standard deductions. You can choose to add more money to be taken out by your company's accounting department for anticipated taxes in the next fiscal year.

I am aware of that.

If the majority of people are getting less of a refund and they have not changed anything then that indicates a tax increase.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you cross in a spot that isn't a legal port of entry, it's ILLEGAL, and what we call "a crime".

That is only half the story. You are misinformed.

If a person crosses the border anywhere and claims asylum then it is not legal and they qualify for your tax dollars. If they cross and do not report then they are illegal and do not qualify for your tax dollars.

This is why everyone is turning themselves in after crossing.

You may not want to accept this but it is real life.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Oh you are coloring yourself.

When you're old enough to do taxes, get back with the adults.

I can now revert back to my first post that trump supports may be mentally brainwashed via their technology.

Our conversation cements my belief cause i know for a fact that you are smart and would never bs people so i am left to believe someone is controlling your thoughts.
edit on 16-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Your W-4 is the form you use to quantify the number of people you are going to claim on your tax return for standard deductions. You can choose to add more money to be taken out by your company's accounting department for anticipated taxes in the next fiscal year.

I am aware of that.

If the majority of people are getting less of a refund and they have not changed anything then that indicates a tax increase.

Yes, and instead of having the government take their money all through the year, they got more in their paychecks every paycheck. Please ask a CPA to explain this to you, I don't think you are intentionally lying, just uninformed.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I am aware of that.

Yes, and instead of having the government take their money all through the year, they got more in their paychecks every paycheck. Please ask a CPA to explain this to you, I don't think you are intentionally lying, just uninformed.

OH NOES! not you too

They got to many of people i look up too.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That is only half the story. You are misinformed.

If a person crosses the border anywhere and claims asylum then it is not legal and they qualify for your tax dollars. If they cross and do not report then they are illegal and do not qualify for your tax dollars.

This is why everyone is turning themselves in after crossing.

You may not want to accept this but it is real life.

This is where I need a link. Your words are nice and all, but they mean exactly Jack Sh!t to me. Show me with proof, that the crime of crossing into the US through an illegal area is no longer a crime if Asylum is claimed. Remember, your feelz don't count, facts do.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I am aware of that.

OH NOES! not you too

is that untrue? Did the tax rate increase? or did the amount the government was taking out of each check decrease?

ETA: I'll provide a link to help explain this. Again, if this is incorrect, school me, I can take it.

Over the past year, we've repeatedly advised taxpayers to take time to re-evaluate their paycheck withholding. Seeing a bigger paycheck now could mean that you're going to see a small refund -- or even a tax bill -- on your 2018 return next year. To adjust, you can have more money withheld by tinkering with a W-4.

www.cpapracticeadvisor.com...

edit on 16-2-2019 by network dude because: added thought with link.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: knoxie

Why aren’t Democrats riding Trump on his failed (so far) campaign promise to “Lock her up?” Pelosi should really drive that front and center.

He NEVER ever promised to lock her up. The crowd started chanting it, Alex Jones started making T-shirts promoting the idea. The farthest Trump ever went on it, is that might be a good idea - or she belongs in prison. He never promised it though.

90% of these supposed lies - are lies about what Trump said, or the context of how he said it. Many of his jokes are supposed lies.

Trump says stuff simplistically for a reason - he wants to persuade as many people as possible. He talks about a big beautiful wall - it is symbolic - it is meant to persuade visually - which is about the most powerful kind of persuasion.

He has said many times the wall is not the complete solution - that we need technology to monitor the border, border patrol increased tech at the ports of entry to find drugs etc.

But he does not say that routinely because people get bored with the details - Build that wall is a lot more energizing than build that retaining wall on the rio grande river, buy drones and video surveillance for 500 miles, do nothing for 100 miles because their are natural barriers no human can easily cross etc, etc.

People that want to see him as a simpleton focus on his simplistic talking points - not his actions. His actions are to listen to what the border experts are telling him and pushing for that in legislation.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I am aware of that.

OH NOES! not you too

is that untrue? Did the tax rate increase? or did the amount the government was taking out of each check decrease?

The government does not decide your with holdings. It is done usually when you start a job via w-4. Unless you go to your company during the year and change your w-4 then the amount with held during the year will stay the same.

On average people makes the same year to year.

So if people are reporting an 8% drop in their return then it signals tax increase.

It is not the best indicator but does indeed point you in the right direction when looking at national averages.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Sorry but i do not have to prove a positive. Your biggest clue is that everyone turns themselves in.

Also on top of that the proof has been linked via us code in this thread.

It boils down to asylum laws and wording that states "unless otherwise directed by an immigration official". The officials have to follow legal treaties that state people can claim asylum by crossing anywhere if they are being persecuted. Sure the don has raised this issue and the courts have upheld such.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
When I was a teenager I thought my parents were stupid. I had it all figured out. Turns out they were a lot smarter than I realized and I didn’t have a clue

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

OK, try to follow me here, A tax cut was implemented. That means the rate in which individuals were taxed went down. So in the daily paycheck, more money went to the bottom line, and less to taxes. Now, fast forward to the end of the year. Income taxes are due. A guy who used to get $500 back each year, might not even get a refund, but have to pay a few hundred. And for the exact reason you stated. He didn't change his withholding. So he paid less into the system, and received more in his daily check.

Had he changed his withholding, he would have paid more into the system, and gotten a refund, by having the government take more out of each check. Again, if any of that is incorrect, don't just say it's wrong, show me. I provided a link with an article explaining that in my last post. Bring facts, not feelz.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Sorry but i do not have to prove a positive. Your biggest clue is that everyone turns themselves in.

Also on top of that the proof has been linked via us code in this thread.

It boils down to asylum laws and wording that states "unless otherwise directed by an immigration official". The officials have to follow legal treaties that state people can claim asylum by crossing anywhere if they are being persecuted. Sure the don has raised this issue and the courts have upheld such.

If a person crossed at an unapproved location, that person has broken our laws. Even if they claim asylum. I agree they may in fact gain asylum, but it won't negate the part where they broke the law in the first place. That has been my point, and to date, it is undisputed, save for your feelings being bruised. If claiming asylum exonerates the illegality of crossing at an unproved location, there will be a statement to that effect somewhere. Find that, and you will have a point. Does that make sense to you? I feel like unless we both speak the same language, this is a pointless discussion. If you are trolling for the lolz, you can just say that, and I'll respond accordingly.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If a person crossed at an unapproved location, that person has broken our laws.

You are doubling down on a false premise.

Here is an example of the international asylum laws in action.

Only if you do not claim asylum is it a crime to cross anywhere. Even if you are denied asylum.
edit on 16-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Seems that calling troll is the only defense people have to protect their inability to face the truth. I am not trolling and border agents have to deal with this reality of asylum process everyday.

What kind of sense would it make to criminalize the act of fleeing persecution?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

If a person crossed at an unapproved location, that person has broken our laws.

You are doubling down on a false premise.

Here is an example of the international asylum laws in action.

Only if you do not claim asylum is it a crime to cross anywhere. Even if you are denied asylum.

I don't know how many other ways to say this. Breaking into the country is illegal. Claiming asylum doesn't change that part. If it does, prove it. here,
www.ilrc.org...

www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

here are two links I think would be acceptable to all. If you can find wording in any link that is official, stating that once asylum is claimed, the illegal entry is no longer illegal, I will openly, and quickly admit I was wrong. Why is it so hard for you to grasp this?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join