It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do liberals think trump supporters are stupid?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Liberals are like...

Liberal 1: OMG did you hear what CNN and MSNBC said what Trump said!!!
Liberal 2: I"m not even over the fact he had two scoops of ice cream and everyone else had one... I can't take much more of this!!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Who do you see as the young(er) democrat?

Because right now, I don't see any that I'd be willing to, as an Ex-democrat, support. Gabbard is one I might support, but there's no indication, at all, that she's done anything more than briefly think about thinking about running.

I'm curious about your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Indeed.

I am, in many ways, a liberal. Not todays brand of, but from a bit further back in time.

Leftist is a much better descriptor.

I Remember a day not to Long Ago when the Term " Liberalism " meant Helping your Fellow Man who happened to be Less Fortunate than you with Compassion , and a Sense that All Human Beings Deserve to Live a Dignified Life on this Earth regardless of their Present Social Status . WTF Happened ?
edit on 12-1-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I ask myself that question. Who of the younger set. Here I have to admit I am out of touch with specific individuals.
My thinking here is a generational gap comprehension of public needs and hopes for the future. My own understanding is, like much of the elder democrat platform based upon sentiments and hopes developed in our youth, now terribly out dated.

For one, not Cortez. To me she was a wild card win and immediately picked up by the D machine and used as a '''see? see? here is the youth coming out'' To me she has been used as a tool to ''prove'' that the young are now stepping up. O' Rourke as well. Two bright newcomers and immediately the machine pushes them into the spotlight. Kind of like Cortez was a surprise to graduate kindergarten and immediately bypassing the rest of grade school and enrolled as a college student. You know?

Myself, I see Gabbart as a wonderful option. And she has now stated that she WILL announce next week that she will run.

She offers an image of strong Americanism being still a major in the National Guard as well as an experienced congresswoman. Add to that she is nice looking, young, female and a woman with Somoan ancestry. On paper she cuts a wide swath across many lines of diversity. Even her Hindu faith is an interesting addition. Clearly faithful that might not be as big a stumbling block to Christians as we might think.

Democrats need to take another page out of the Carter handbook and step aside when their time in the upper eschelon is over. To me real democrats need to understand that that party should know that the future should be for those who are going to live in it, not those of us who will be dead by the time it gets here. Clinton, Pelosi and and others of the gang should step aside as elders and offer council rather than demanding to be the spearhead of the future of the liberal movement. They should go out like Carter, find worthy enterprises to demonstrate liberalism in action. Work in soup kitchens, become nurses and orderlies. Liberalism should be sacrifice and service not spotlight and demagoguery.

My hope now is the first ballot at the 2020 convention. Because Sanders and others pressed to get the super delegate rules changed a few months ago, the super delegates can no longer vote their super delegate votes on the first ballot. That ballot will be open to choice by acclamation. My hope is that the field from now until that ballot is a wide open field with people from all corners sticking there fingers in the air to check the breezes and when it comes time for that ballot they will have winnowed themselves down to a few. And if they are truly liberal they will be happy to step aside for the best the new generation has to offer.

I hope for a spirited convention like in the good old days when the right leader can step to the podium and charge the people to a nominee acclaimed by the whole party. But then I am still a dreamer and know that that world may only be a figment of my past.

I have been peeking at Tulsi now for over a year and look forward to seeing if she can handle more of the ''big mic'' now that she is stepping forward.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Sadly, in the first three pages no one went through and debunked this article's BS, so now I have to do it.

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought “Fine.”

Trump U was shady. I'll give you that. But contrast that with the clinton foundation. (these were our two choices). Furthermore, what relevance did trump U have on the election? None. When you get into politicians "character" and "honesty" you're liable to be laughed out of the room. There are maybe 5 politicians with such creds, out of 637.

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, “Okay.”

It wasn't creditors, it was contractors. This is a common practice in the industry and trump did not abuse it. He used it like every other builder does. When they do half a job, a poor job (that you have to redo), or don't show up at all, they don't get paid. In the industry it's pretty standard to take half your money up front (to cover materials) and take your profits upon completion due to this standard.

Trump said it was 1,000 to 1 that he stiffed contractors and only did so when they underdelivered.

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, “No problem.”

This never happened despite your refusal to accept that.

That when he made up stories about seeing muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, “Not an issue.”

Wasn't made up, it was real. Here's the article about it. Link

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn’t care, you chirped, “He sure knows me.”

Lol, no one said that. We all just laughed about it. If donald killed someone in cold blood on 5th avenue I would hope he rots in prison.

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, “That’s cool!”

So many things wrong with this. First he wasn't saying it to sound cool, he was explaining his aversion to blood and bodily fluids. In fact he felt there was shame in what he did but couldn't help it. and again no one said "that's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

Never happened. The disabled guy didn't even have the type of disability he made his "mocking" motion with. Trump uses the same motion to make fun of himself.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn’t read books, you said, “Well, who has time?”

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. I don't read many books either. Should there be a required reading list for presidential candidates? BTW I love all you morons that claim to be big readers and spend all of your time reading fantasy novels. News flash: you're not smart for reading fantasy novels.

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn’t commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, “That makes sense.”

What does his opinion on a 30 year old case have to do with anything? Was OJ guilty? What were bernie's thoughts? See this is the pattern we started to ignore, the media wanted to get trump to answer inflammatory questions just so they could smear him (regardless of the answer).

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, “Yes!”

He was telling the audience to keep someone from throwing tomatoes at him as his security had warned him someone was there in the crowd. Yes I liked that and thought it was funny. So?

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man’s coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, “What a great guy!”

Yep, it was great. It was comedy. We were all tired of your paid agitators disrupting his rally's.

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, “Thumbs up!”

None of that statement is true. This article really points out how intellectually lazy you libs are.

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, “That’s the way I want my President to be.”

Yep. It's all refreshing after obama's apology tours. Now that's not to say it wasn't a little cringeworthy, but again who cares. Does it affect his job? No.

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they’re supposed to be regulating and you have said, “What a genius!”

Yes, purging the teachers and replacing them with doer's has worked wonderfully so far.

The last few are more of the same, outrage at what trump said or the way he did things. The results speak for themselves. We hired him to fix the economy and to get America winning again. We're succeeding on all fronts. You guys are the morons. You prefer words over deeds. Vapid, absurd, fools the lot of you.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
because they speak up against everything except racist, bigot, injustice, racism, environmental destruction violence against women and lgbt, gentrification. the general view is they want to keep everyone as second class citizens except white people. Idk how any conscious person could be dem or rep. time for a peoples movement. they would rather build a wall then solve homelessness, flints and americas water issues, hunger, taking care of vets, etc

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The last few are more of the same, outrage at what trump said or the way he did things. The results speak for themselves. We hired him to fix the economy and to get America winning again. We're succeeding on all fronts. You guys are the morons. You prefer words over deeds. Vapid, absurd, fools the lot of you.

Well that was the most satisfying beat downvote read today.

Most excellent, well done!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Thanks, they have an abusive relationship with their politicians. They don't care that they beat them as long as they apologize and tell them nice things afterwards.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Why do liberals think trump supporters are stupi

I know plenty of conservatives that think trump is stupid!!

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
A common fault among many...In fact did I say many? I meant all.

We all are the center of our own universe, and when something falls outside that. It galls. And truth is not an easy thing to look at. And not only that but everybody has there own truth. And that truth falls into the category of what is in our own interest.

Basically what is good for our interest, is the truth. What is not, is false and a lie. But here is a truth as I see it. And to build up a bit of a backstory. Read this, and you will understand one of the many reasons why Trump got elected.
Link on confidence

A wise man once said, confidence is that thing you have before you fully understand the situation. Now here is something else, a fact as I so like to call it, you may call it something else. The chance of any smart or enlighten person who can get into office and fix all your issues. Is zero, as in 0.

First of all if they existed, the whole system is set up to keep them out, and if by chance it happened. You all even though you like to think your smart and educated. But even with all that, chances are you will likely burn he or she at the stake for being a witch. Because lets face it, would you all even know what to look for? Even if it was staring you in the face?

That's how smart people are, even the wisest is unfortunately but a dumbass, like I said a fault at some level of us all. And in the world of the blind, I suppose the one eyed man can be king. But why would he want to be kind in hell? A bunch of hairless monkeys clambering for a throne set on mud and crap. To hell with that.

Not only that, stupid people only listen to stupid people, and if anything actually smart was uttered, it would be like there speaking a different language. And no I am not talking about using big words or fancy talk, that is merely theatrics, and anybody that cant explain a complex and difficult thing in but a few paragraphs preferably words, is just fooling themselves, but only after they fool others.

And so in comes Trump, he speaks the peoples language. And while he may be a bit dense and egotistical. It is exactly, what people need, and more then that, I think given the circumstances it is exactly what is needed to get a job done. A higher ideal and fettered existence, can never grow in this dung heap, just like roses can never grow in the Sahara, and if they did. They would witter and die in a day. The ecosystem is poor indeed to support them indeed.

The fact that trump is the best candidate for the job at hand. Because that's all it is, and people dont seem to understand that, its a job at hand. Even by the fact that he stuck to this whole building the wall, which is insignificant, especially considering all that other nonsense others have spend much more on. Simply because his base wanted it, and thinks there is a need.

Says more then all the higher ideals and no plans or will to go through with it that everybody seems to have. Most especially since we are far from high ideals as can be, even though we like to think otherwise. Higher ideals are just that, somebody thinks they can do a better job but have no plan or the gall to go with it. When all that is needed is for somebody just to stick to there guns, and get on with it already.

And if they did, things never work out like they like to think they will. Because those that walk untrodden paths, generally walk alone. Look at all the people in history who changed the world, even if they were surrounded by people in some sense, they walked alone, and bulldozed on, regardless.

Its what this country was founded on, you take your #, you pick a path, and you keep going till you either fall or see whats there. And though we like to think that the industrial revolution and the invention of the rails and high commerce forged what is this country, the truth is none of that would have been possible if not for the mountain men who first went out and saw what was there.

Only much latter, others came, and when they wanted to go a certain way. Well who would they ask in which direction to go or build? Those who have never been there, but may have read about it in a book? Or those who went there and came back, grit and stink and all?

It is only much latter after there passing that those paths become beaten to the ground and other saw it, and began to take it.

Now if they elected a peoples champion, you know some poor smuck with the vision and will and maybe even talent, who knows maybe even eloquent and had the gift of gab. Well all of that not only goes out the window at the first change to make a few million bucks, almost like it never existed at all. Because unlike you all I don't believe that there is any major difference between the poor and the rich, but the wave they rode in on.

And if there is logically no difference, then all that changes is the circumstance, the job at hand, and having the right tool for it.

Only somebody like trump can navigate the cesspool of garbage and crap that is the politics and governance of today, only he out of all the candidates was equipped with the denseness required to see things through, and bullnose his way through it all, even if somebody out there thinks its stupid.

Out of all of them, his image seems to be not much of a concern, and only he was not effected by the promise of more money that the others would fall to the wayside to, because lets face it, he has some already and is set with himself and his children, and more will no be any feather in his cap. And if he used it to spread his brand.

Well if he did his job, I personally dont care, and don't think other would either. After all it seems thats the main reason why anybody comes to capital hill.

And who else would put up and be completely un-phased by the constant bull# of the so called enlightened and smarter intellectuals of the day, and the constant nagging of those who think they can do better if given the situation? Who so like to think that they know better. Well just what is better?

Well anyways, I have spent way to much time on this already. I dont even vote or bother with politics, but the few hours I have put into that whole fiasco which was the presidential elections years ago. I said it then, and will say it again.

Trump, better then most, as good as any.

As a president he has far acceded my expectations. But then again, I did not have many or much expectations to begin with. So take that as you will. I suppose it may have been fun if Hillary were president and we were at war with Iran right now, and all the shenanigans the media and there wizards would employ to keep that money burner going.

Would be much entertaining to watch, entertaining as in watching somebody steeping on rakes is entertaining.

And if he continues on his way, he may even be up there in my book with Lincoln and Kennedy, though minus the bullet thing. In all he was by far the better candidate of those who were in the running. And it does not look like that is or will change any time soon.

Now opinions may differ. Indeed.

This politics thing is kind of fun, who knows maybe in 20 years or so I may even try this voting thing.
edit on 12amSundayam132019f0amSun, 13 Jan 2019 00:08:15 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: to many words

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

A lot of wisdom in this post.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

Of course it is. Clearly, your reading is selective.

I'm not sure what value this reply is....

You are parrying conjecture with more conjecture?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The Clinton foundation has done a lot of good around the world. Unlike trumps slush fund that he had to shut down. Maybe you need to turn off faux newz and get out of the basement for a while. You aren’t really making any sense. a reply to: Dfairlite

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You mean like, for example, making the situation in Haiti worse?
Washington Examiner: Clinton in Haiti

There are more examples.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: soundguy
I believe author nails it. I don’t consider myself a liberal. Well in the sense that I suspend my deductive reasoning and life experiences for a political subset. None the less, I agree with his observations. The one thing that isn’t addressed in the article is how a small percentage of well meaning Americans have been conned. Kinda like my next door nieghbor. He listens to am hate radio by day and it has poisoned his thought process. While he is busy hating and fearing people he doesn’t know. His fellow white conservative, (cough....), brethren are about to destroy his way of life. Unfortunately, he will never see it coming, and that’s sad.

www.thepoke.co.uk...

The author missed it and smashed his thumb... all of the examples the author gives to prove his point have been debunked multiple times... but see you wouldn't be aware of this as you never leave your echo chamber.

How do you mean? He's here posting in ATS (a majority MAGA echo chamber)....

You still don't get it...
You think ATS turned into something else over the last 2 years. Most of us "Trumpets" have been here way longer than that. If you can't see the correlation between conspiracy theorists, the anti-establishment, and Trump then you haven't been paying attention over your last 9 years here.

The problem here is you can't just shut us down by calling us racists. As most of us are veterans of this culture war you all started. This is what happens when SJW's think they can manipulate the fabric of our society.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well said, sir.

I find myself in complete agreement with you. As seeing how she'll handle it, we're about to find out, with the supposed "homophobic slurs" she is purported to have uttered in her early days as a state legislator--age: 22.

That she's a firm supporter of gay marriage now is, apparently to some, quite beside the point...

So, I think we'll see how much steel is in her spine. Personally, I think there's quite a bit. I'm a fan.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Oh, I'm sorry.

This accusation is brought up on a very regular basis, has been ever since I started posting here.

ATS is "always" some groups echo chamber. Be it conservative, liberal, progressive, who ever... The commonality of the accusations is the fact that the accusation are, in very large part, patently false. Does it swing back and forth in various directions? Of course it does, but never to the point of "echo chamber".

But if it makes you happy to believe otherwise, feel free. A true echo chamber would see dissenting opinions on left/right politics of the sort being discussed herein gone. Last I looked, there is all sorts of dissenting goin' on around this place.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm a fan.

I agree though I am reluctant to say ''fan'' as to me that word, that notion has taken on entirely too much of an ''entertainer/audience '' stereotype. However my own peccadillo aside, I too have hopes for her as a unifying agent in the coming elections. And certainly it will be an up hill climb. I think that being a woman of mixed ancestry is easily overcome by now and with her military status as well as her experience in government is quite a boost.

I do wonder though how well she can take criticisms of her Hindu beliefs when the Christian crowd begins to attack that aspect of her life. Hopefully she can roll with those punches maturely which might in the end run be one more demonstration of the higher road. Here's hoping.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Oh, I'm sorry.

This accusation is brought up on a very regular basis, has been ever since I started posting here.

ATS is "always" some groups echo chamber. Be it conservative, liberal, progressive, who ever... The commonality of the accusations is the fact that the accusation are, in very large part, patently false. Does it swing back and forth in various directions? Of course it does, but never to the point of "echo chamber".

But if it makes you happy to believe otherwise, feel free. A true echo chamber would see dissenting opinions on left/right politics of the sort being discussed herein gone. Last I looked, there is all sorts of dissenting goin' on around this place.

Ah, ok I understand much better what you were trying to get across. Thanks for clarifying.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join