It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do liberals think trump supporters are stupid?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I do not think liberals are stupid. Believe that at your own peril.

Many of their beliefs betray their intelligence for their lack of scrutiny. But then so are some conservative beliefs.

What I want to know is this:

1. Are you for or against war? Apologies for the yes or no question, however, after the last 18 years of your hypocrisy on war, I have to wonder if maybe all you really care about is power? Because you sure as hell didn't stop Obama from continuing and then massively expanding "Bush's War" remember? I sure do. Now it's a bad thing that Trump wants to end wars?

2. Why did you support ACA? You KNEW that was the wrong answer and yet you let it happen. Now you complain about its demise as if it were a surprise that people dont like being lorded over by government so much that they should fear massive penalties for NOT engaging in commerce with a government mandated industry.

3. Why do you care more about illegals than you do about citizens who are often victimized by them? It's not just the murders, rapes, and drugs, it's also identity theft which goes hand in hand with fraud. Illegal immigrants are, by far, the biggest culprits of identity theft compared to nearly anyone else in the US. (Source)< br />

If you think they arent using these documents to vote, you're also wrong about that too. Our system is so woefully inept that in my state it is so easy to commit vote fraud simply by filling out a standard DMV form and voter registration. (Source)

4. Why are you suddenly against free speech? Why did you abandon free expression for this hypersensitive mob mentality BS?

5. Why are you STILL so hysterical over Trump. Your hatred toward Donald Trump for winning an election is ridiculous. So much so that you can't even support peace efforts the Trump admin was directly and actively involved with on the Korean Peninsula. Now there is a working peace and all I hear is how much of an awful President Trump is. I have more money now, better insurance, I work for an excellent startup medical technology and pharmaceutical company, and things in general have never looked better. Obama didn't do that. Trump's domestic deregulation policy and foreign trade policy are working. You have told us all that you're going to take that all away from us first chance you get.

6. Speaking of taking things away. Feinstein introduced yet another AWB. Liberals haven't seen a gun control law they didn't like or vote for. 80% of liberals know nothing about guns, who uses them, and why, but they feel oh so strongly about taking my rights away. Why? Stop poking the bear. It won't go well.

No, liberals aren't stupid. But much of what they do is and much of what they pursue in policy hurts regular Americans. So if they aren't stupid and they know what they're doing, then what does that actually make them?

What do you want to be, Liberal America? Who do you want to be?

edit on 11 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

edit on 11 1 19 by projectvxn because: Edit mistake.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: tadaman

Wow you have any back up for those claims?

You asking for proof to back up a statement?

Well isn't that rich?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Thanks for such an awesome post.

It boggles my mind how so called Christians, can overlook tenant after tenant of their religion to justify their support. These aren’t really grey areas that can be debated.

Here is one thing I can tell you for certain. I live in a pretty red area, and recently traveled with a large group of right wing movers and shakers. The one name I didn’t hear one time was trump. There were a lot of what I’ll call left leaning independents in Ohio that voted for trump, they are now lost to him. You would have thought the blue wave would have been a clue. But they are doubling down. It’s not a party it’s a cult.

You hit on one of the reason I’m not pleasant to them (the board rwnj’s). They aren’t Honest, I’ve tested them time and time again, they fail the honesty exam. They are mostly trolls reinforcing the stupid upon their fellow wallnuts.

I secretly held out hope that bluster was just that, and once he took over the “genius” would come out. The deal maker, the guy that would throw his arm around Schumer in a press conference and say look at a the deal we made, I’m the greatest. Instead, (if his own departed best and brightest can be believed) we have a guy that can’t even grasp the big picture if he wanted to. He’s freaking illiterate.

I hate to say it, but suddenly Romney is looking like a sane choice for 2020.

The real damage trump is doing won’t be revealed for a while. It’s a lagging indicator.

a reply to: WeRpeons

What a load of garbage.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Not a great student, but I got some of my best grades from these guys:

philosophy.sas.upenn.edu/people/zoltan-domotor

philosophy.sas.upenn.edu...

Ph.D. Stanford University Research Interests Philosophy of Science Applied Logic Epistemology Cognitive Science Philosophy of Physics Foundations of Probability and Statistics Measurement Theory

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Tismaneanu

en.wikipedia.org...

Acclaimed for his scholarly works on Stalinism in general and the Romanian communist regime in particular, as well as for exploring the impact of nationalism, national communism and neo-Stalinism in the Soviet Union and countries of the Eastern Bloc, Tismăneanu writes from the critical perspective of a civil society supporter. His other influential texts deal with diverse topics such as Cold War history, Kremlinology and the Holocaust. Having moved from a loose Marxist vision, shaped under the influence of neo-Marxist and Western Marxist scholarship, he became a noted proponent of classical liberalism and liberal democracy. This perspective is outlined in both his scientific contributions and volumes dealing with Romania's post-1989 history, the latter of which include collections of essays and several published interviews with literary critic Mircea Mihăieș. Vladimir Tismăneanu completed his award-winning synthesis on Romanian communism, titled Stalinism for All Seasons, in 2003. Tismăneanu's background and work came under intense scrutiny after his 2006 appointment by Romanian President Traian Băsescu as head of the Presidential Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Romania

and...

www.nytimes.com/2011/05/29/world/europe/29riasanovsky.html

www.nytimes.com...

Professor Riasanovsky’s book “A History of Russia,” scanning its history from its ninth-century Slavic roots to the Soviet era, has been in print continuously since it was published in 1963. (The last two editions, the seventh and eighth, were co-authored by Mr. Steinberg.) John Challice, vice president and publisher of higher education texts at Oxford University Press, the book’s publisher, said it was “by a wide margin the top-selling book in Russian history in the U.S., and has been for decades.” Continue reading the main story Richard Pipes, a professor emeritus of Russian history at Harvard, said “A History of Russia” filled an academic void during a time of surging need. Before it was published, textbooks on Russian history were considered uneven, he said, because “until World War II, Americans had very little contact or interest in Russia.”

So yeah, I'm an ignorant redneck.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There are intelligent liberals?

Can you be intelligent if you have Chronic indoctrination syndrome?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So you needed to read someone else's opinion piece to come up with your facts to support your opinion piece? All in an attempt to insult the group that beat your group in 2016?

Get over it already, move on, and buffer your tender selves for a 2020 Trump reelection, is my advice to you.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

As bad as you keep trying to make Trump out to be, he's still better than the last four Presidents combined.

Think about THAT for a minute. He's still not as bad as Bush Sr., definitely not as bad as Clinton, not nearly as bad as Bush Jr, and not even close to as bad as Obama.

Results matter. Personalities do not.

I don't care how many bad words he speaks, or how many people are offended by them.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
not all trump supporters are stupid but those that follow Q - definitely stupid. lol

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

few miles deep waiting for a glimmer.

Exactly. And Trump, though by my take on him really has no like sentiments in that direction, was able to recognize that fertile field of support. I'm thinking it was likely Bannon who like him or not does seem to have a revolutionary sense of political trends and this one was so glaring, the tea party folk just simmering for a glimmering pointed him in that direction.

And yes, Clinton's mind blowing comment on deplorable was a one two punch in tandem with the increase in Obama care premiums was a death blow. I heard that when it hit the news and knew immediately that it would be picked up as a badge of honor, and it was and is still to this day.

I think you are right that his base will never abandon him but I have serious doubt that they will be enough to carry him through 2020. To many more moderate Rs I think would vote for a moderate D or vote Libertarian instead of going with him again. I still have hope that those not firmly under his spell can see him for what he really is. And as I said earlier even if he does not win in 2020 those fans will support him in whatever he does.

For me, the D's really need to see a maverick step up and break the neck of the D machine. Now that the super delegate voting lock has been neutered during their first ballot voting at the convention, the opportunity for someone to come forth and catch the energetic younger Ds and win on that first ballet. And I think that will not be Cortez. She is just a lightning rod to inject youthful enthusiasm. She would be one more nail in the coffin. For all of us.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Because they generally love to pigeon hole everyone who disagrees with them into some sort of insult.
Generally, some sort of bigot but stupid seems to be a favorite as well.
It's a mechanism to avoid actually communicating with those who disagree with them.
One of many.

Note to add: I don't support the buffoon in chief but neither am I overly against him.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
not all trump supporters are stupid but those that follow Q - definitely stupid. lol

Can't argue with this one knoxie.

That whole 'Q' thing is exactly the definition of being lead by the nose.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think a large portion of the extreme left is ruled over by philosophical zombies.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

I just wanna see them break away from that garbage and come join the rest of us who walked away from it.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Here's the link that was broken in my post above.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Why would they do that?
They have all their answers tied up in a neat little bow.
And it provides self gratification in the form of "I'm better than these guys.".
edit on 12-1-2019 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'd like them to know that I'm not asking them to be republicans.

I'm asking them to be real liberals. Stand up for free speech instead of appealing to hypersensitive little dictator children on the extreme left, equal rights over identity politics, opposition to theocracy in general over giving Muslims a pass, opposition to war over the embrace of it as soon as "their guy" gets in.

Liberals may be smart, but they are intellectually lazy and it drives me crazy.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'd say a majority of the left have become rather illiberal.

I consider myself a classical liberal just by the by.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I figured as much by your responses.

Though, to be fair, these days it's almost appropriate to consider anyone on the left that isn't an SJW nutjob a 'classical liberal'.

But I do know that has a specific definition. I tend to consider myself a mixture of classical liberal and conservative libertarian. But I am also an empiricist and consider fact and evidence paramount over philosophical arguments.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No argument from me...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join