It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do liberals think trump supporters are stupid?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

See, we kinda agree, because I think the sheep are the ones getting flocked. Who has it worse? Well, counting sheep is known to put people to sleep so hard to say.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It's crazy isn't it... They spend their day talking about Trump, so they think we spend our day doing the same. That's the epitome of psychological projection. They do it, so they tell us we do it.

That is it in a nut shell... The guy or gal that cheats on their spouse thinks everyone else is doing the same thing too and then act that way..lol
edit on 11-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

See, we kinda agree, because I think the sheep are the ones getting flocked. Who has it worse? Well, counting sheep is known to put people to sleep so hard to say.

In the end it will be nothing more than check boxes as in what Trump said he would do and then after 4 years we can see what did he do? Right now the left are screwing up all our systems to get to Trump and what comes around goes around...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I see media as a tool and Trump I think is a believer that ANY press is still PRESS. This was clear during t he R debates. He was sensational, not sensational so much in that what he was saying and doing was wonderful, but rather just sensational. Even a big hicky on your neck is sensational, you know what I mean? He by his actions and words keep the press on him daily and that remains one of his powers. Everything is about him. And this to the folly of the democrats plays in his direction regardless because he can change his tune and stances but the focus always remains on him.

So no I do not think that he is anti-media. He is pro media as long as it works for him. My contention all along was that when he ran for potus in the first place was not so much to win the nomination and then the election, but rather to garner ground support for an alternate media outlet of his own. Back then I assumed that he would maybe buy a controlling interest in Breitbart or some other of even possibly start his own news network, Trump News sort of thing. He would have had the name and voice recognition to make oodles of cash from that enterprise being the voice of the down trodden, the disenfranchised conservative.

However he at first underestimated the anti-establishment sentiments of angry conservatives but now that he has won it is setting him up for being the focal point for that anti-establishment sentiment even if he does not win in 2020.
I would not be surprised if he announced that he was not going to run in 2020. I mean why would he. Hell he will be 74 in 2020 so why no retire. He can't be that sick that he would really want to continue with that grueling schedule and bull# load of stupid reporters in his face all day long can he? I say that because I do not believe that he really gives a piss about me or you or any of the causes he pushes. They are all tools to keep his supporters supporting.

This wall, from my point of view is very important to him, not because he gives a whit about it but simply because it will be his big promise to his base fulfilled. Kind of in a way like Obamas signature Health Plan was touted as his great victory. Trumps wall can be that, his Great Victory. He could announce that now that he has been a success it is time to turn things over to the next Republican candidate and retire. Retire to be that voice of the anti-establishment opposition and just take pot shots from the sidelines for the rest of his life. And pocket the bounty.

I refused to believe in Reagan and I refused to believe in Clinton. I was suckered into believing in Obama for about two months. I see Trump in the same light.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

But you did respond, reminding me to go back and read your post and thank you.

You say this. [ I was able to determine, with my out of body experience, that the left are simply defending themselves against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Excellent observation. I cannot argue against that observation. All I can do is discuss it with you.

You present the litany of claims against conservatives that are attributed to being made by liberals.

it is then that I realize why they call me a racist, homophobe, stupid, dumb, unintelligent, islamophobe, hateful, bigoted, misogynist, angry, bitter, etc. etc

Much of it can be attributed to our ancestral roots. Bond with our own tribe and be wary of any other tribe. Be on the look out for those who are easily seen as being ''out of tribe''. Hell we spent 100s of thousands of years living with that as a prime rule of survival. Squash differences don't embrace them. And I guess for some people these traits still rule their neural pathways and it takes all their effort to overcome them, hence your astute observation that they are denying those traits in themselves by seeing them in others. I can admit to understanding this in myself.

Kind of like ''purity by comparison'' even if the comparison is wrong. It is the easy way to be liberal, point out the problem in others. But to me, being a real liberal is not doing that. Being a real liberal is basing my interpersonal interplay on the biblical axiom of the mote in another's eye and the log in one's own. Being a liberal is overcoming those motes within ones own eye. Personal transformation towards a goal of understanding, not seeking to transform others as seems a prominent aspect of modern day liberalism,

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

But you did respond, reminding me to go back and read your post and thank you.

You say this. [ I was able to determine, with my out of body experience, that the left are simply defending themselves against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Excellent observation. I cannot argue against that observation. All I can do is discuss it with you.

You present the litany of claims against conservatives that are attributed to being made by liberals.

it is then that I realize why they call me a racist, homophobe, stupid, dumb, unintelligent, islamophobe, hateful, bigoted, misogynist, angry, bitter, etc. etc

Much of it can be attributed to our ancestral roots. Bond with our own tribe and be wary of any other tribe. Be on the look out for those who are easily seen as being ''out of tribe''. Hell we spent 100s of thousands of years living with that as a prime rule of survival. Squash differences don't embrace them. And I guess for some people these traits still rule their neural pathways and it takes all their effort to overcome them, hence your astute observation that they are denying those traits in themselves by seeing them in others. I can admit to understanding this in myself.

Kind of like ''purity by comparison'' even if the comparison is wrong. It is the easy way to be liberal, point out the problem in others. But to me, being a real liberal is not doing that. Being a real liberal is basing my interpersonal interplay on the biblical axiom of the mote in another's eye and the log in one's own. Being a liberal is overcoming those motes within ones own eye. Personal transformation towards a goal of understanding, not seeking to transform others as seems a prominent aspect of modern day liberalism,

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think you and Xtrozero have summed the Trump Presidency quite accurately. But I will counter with one thing, anti-establishment conservatives were stacked 10 miles wide and few miles deep waiting for a glimmer. And that was what Trump played to at his rallies. Or have you forgotten about the commandeered and then abandoned TEA Party movement?

Those people and their spirit was there. They were the ones that voted for McCain because of Palin. The Democrats lost them with the teabagger trope. And lost any chance of swaying the moderate ones with Hilary’s Deplorable Speech. None and mean absolutely none of what seemed like 50 Republicans running in the primary said so much as hello to them. Ted Cruz barely nodded in their general direction which is why he lasted so long. Kasich simply could not read the neon glowing handwriting on the wall that he wasn’t wanted. Nor that his Ohio primary win was in reality Ohio voters trying to get him out of the governor’s office.

Trump can win the 2020 primary without participating if no other Republican gets that little thing. And even if they do, they have a hard sell to get them to abandon Trump. Because nothing the Democrats have said or done have shaken Trump’s base.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

When you are Intellectually incapable of Comprehending a " Thing " , the Most Obvious Way to Deal with it is to Irrationally Attack it . The Liberal Left are Basically Mentally Deficient by their Insistence of Worshiping the " Group Think " Mentality . Weak Will Individuals have No Place in Positions of Authority PERIOD ............

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

When you are Intellectually incapable of Comprehending a " Thing " , the Most Obvious Way to Deal with it is to Irrationally Attack it . The Liberal Left are Basically Mentally Deficient by their Insistence of Worshiping the " Group Think " Mentality . Weak Will Individuals have No Place in Positions of Authority PERIOD ............

I wonder if you see the delicious irony in your post?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Why do Trump supporters think liberals are stupid?

BECAUSE THEY ARE.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I wonder if you see the delicious irony in your post?

Yes , I am Aware of it , Good Call , but it does not Change anything . Stupid Is , what Stupid does ........

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sure a lot are. But I hang out and know a ton of liberals who are brainwashed idiots too, just regurgitating talking points.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Thanks for such an awesome post.

It boggles my mind how so called Christians, can overlook tenant after tenant of their religion to justify their support

a reply to: WeRpeons

Who are these tenants of which you speak? Do you own rental property?

FYI - the word you are comically fumbling for is tenet, O Great Wise One.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Of course it is. Clearly, your reading is selective.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Pretty much, yeah...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm afraid that'll be just about the way it goes.

The primary debates between the democratic candidates are sure to be riveting, as you said...

Candidate #1: I'm the best not-Trump.

Candidate #2: No I am.

Candidate #3: Nu-uh.

Oh, yes... Riveting.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Indeed.

I am, in many ways, a liberal. Not todays brand of, but from a bit further back in time.

Leftist is a much better descriptor.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Seems unlikely at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Damn shame too.

Now is the time that they could find a moderate who could run an ambitious platform that could appeal to much of America.

Competition could create an environment where they should feel need to be creative and address problems facing this country.

Instead they'll probably believe that no matter who gets nominated, it will be a shoe in. So the DNC will make damn sure it's going to be an establishment dem, and ideally someone who can play identity politics.

They are starting to remind me of how much I hated the republican party when they ran McCain and then doubled down on stupid with Romney.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The arrogance of liberals to claim better knowledge than their counterparts to know better than they do what they should do and believe, and because Trump supporters even support Trump at all is cause to think Trump supports must be stupid. The arrogance tells them this is so. Hillary is a great example. Nobody could tell her she was wrong, she would just start laughing as if that person was insane, and all her MSM pals did likewise.

Look back at the Hillary campaign for president for all the answers. The magnificent ARROGANCE of Hillary, and all of her MSM followers and promoters shared that same arrogance. That pompous arrogance never before witnessed since before the great deluge, was by it's nature and intent, really just childlike selfish behaviors that worked to destabilize society, and weakened the human will to survive, (as a fallback position of retribution if Trump won). And it is still being played.

They still think Trump and Trump supporters are below considering as fellow citizens.

All this means is that they haven't learned any virtuous lessons, and they don't need to because they are right and correct, except it is doing what I said before, working to destabilize society, and weakening the human will to survive.

Would you like to know more?

edit on 11-1-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: Added

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join