It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old teenagers baffled by rotary phone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
...or if people had to grow their own bessie, raise her, feed her, care for her, we'd be inundated with bloody vegans.

Right, because everyone has acres to grow livestock.

How else do you call your butcher when the power and 4g goes out? Tin cans and string? Try telling the kids how that even works... Oo

I have a genie. My power never goes out.

Why? I know how to use a rotary phone, eat steaks, kill my own food, and hunt. I'm not the one who will be going feral and making YOU lock and load.

Why do I need to worry about any of that if I can shoot straight? All my neighbors know they are sandwiches.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Don't forget the ash to ensure the tans are properly treated.

No worries, I cooked my intern so I'll use his.

Wrong sort of ash, you freak!! Tell him you're sorry and go burn some wood..

kids on one end of the spectrum, and old senile masons on the other. I despair...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
I don't believe there ever was a time most people could send a telegraph. It's not like there was one in every home.

There was also a time when people didn't have indoor plumbing and crapped in a pot. I sure do miss those days too just like I miss the days when we had little dials on our telephonic devices.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

That's not the point. These things used to be common knowledge.

My wife's daughter kept telling up what a computer genius her son was. After hearing this for a while, she finally brought him over to impress us. He got on my desktop and totally failed because it wouldn't talk to him.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Us older folk are not much differnet you know. It all depends upon your knowledgebase. And everyone has a different knowledgebase. The key is the ability to think, innovate and adapt.

Actual example:
A close friend of mine was lamenting one winter when the power went out in his town. He was fearful of all the frozen food he had (literally hundreds of $$$ worth) going bad since there was no power to the freezer chest. After talking him off the ledge, I asked him if he could move the stuff to a bin in his garage. Puzzled he asked why I suggested that. I responded that, in this situation, the garage is you new BIG freezer chest. After all it is COLD outside, just like his freezer. And, being in the garage, it would be protected from being eaten by animals outside.

He was amazed....truly amazed.

To me, it was simple common sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

That's not the point. These things used to be common knowledge.

So was using piss to wash your clothes, what's the point?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I am just as clueless if you gave me a smartphone.

Get off my lawn ya weirdos!!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

...or if people had to grow their own bessie, raise her, feed her, care for her, we'd be inundated with bloody vegans.

Right, because everyone has acres to grow livestock.

Ahh the wonders of technology eh... we can feed an army, but only if they're starving.

How else do you call your butcher when the power and 4g goes out? Tin cans and string? Try telling the kids how that even works... Oo

I have a genie. My power never goes out.

Even genies have their limits. 3 of mine went on strike last year. I'm using a salt lamp and scented candles as I type. Sod 'em, I should have used legal genies.

Why? I know how to use a rotary phone, eat steaks, kill my own food, and hunt. I'm not the one who will be going feral and making YOU lock and load.

Why do I need to worry about any of that if I can shoot straight? All my neighbors know they are sandwiches.

^^ I have nothing. Has the ringing of a great song though, all my neighbours are sammiches (feat: sticky curtains)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So was using piss to wash your clothes, what's the point?

I made that thread!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-1-2019 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I don't believe there ever was a time most people could send a telegraph. It's not like there was one in every home.

There was also a time when people didn't have indoor plumbing and crapped in a pot. I sure do miss those days too just like I miss the days when we had little dials on our telephonic devices.

Now timmy, this is, do you know what this is?
Toily papers hyuk!
Yay, you got it timmy, do you know what it was once used for?
No?
(whispers what it was for)
*SCREAMS*

I don't regret hoping I am dead before this becomes reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

kids on one end of the spectrum, and old senile masons on the other. I despair...

"kids on one end of the spectrum, and old senile masons on the other" I guess everyone does end up having the same level of intelligence.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Dude, haha, give yourself some applause since I cant.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You will be OK. Just don't crap on your phone.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

It's already a reality in many developed countries and has been for some time. Take a trip to Europe or Japan.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

"kids on one end of the spectrum, and old senile masons on the other" I guess everyone does end up having the same level of intelligence.

and here I am........

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Too late, I fired up I'm an Old Geezer on my Victrola and crapped myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

a reply to: gallop

It's already a reality in many developed countries and has been for some time. Take a trip to Europe or Japan.

This is why I live in a civilised country, thank you very much !

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

No no no. The Millennial's want us to recycle. That being said they want us to drink our own urine. Possibly California will make it a law to preserve water as they already have "If It's Yellow Let It Mellow" flush campaign.

www.greenideareviews.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Too late, I fired up I'm an Old Geezer on my Victrola and crapped myself.

As a tweener, with angst and rage all pent up and ready to go, can you explain that to me, so I know exactly who I should vent my ire at?

Is it old people? I seethe when I see old people already. They're so old, and use those rotary phones and stuff... Grrr

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

This is why I live in a civilised country, thank you very much !

Hey, if you enjoy having the Dingle be your favorite berry more power to you. I prefer the Straw or the Rasp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join