It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump's counter punch hurts?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

i don't think trump's chumps have figured out how to spin this one yet. it's funny.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: network dude
So what's to stop Trump from investigating Maxine Waters, Adam Shiff, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, and any others who are vocal.

Authority
Trump is a president, not an emperor. He can't just decide to use the government to "take out" his political rivals simply for speaking up against him.
Congress does have the ability to investigate stuff...Congress isn't a single person, its a representation of the overall country with many different representatives voting.

He actually does have that authority, but it's been expected that a President will not give directions to his AG on who and what to investigate/pursue. However. Trump is the number 1 law enforcement official in the land, bar none. He can open and close any Federal investigation he wants to. Contrary to leftists going on about authoritarianism, the President has actually shown great restraint in not using his power to reciprocate the witch hunts taking place.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Prove I am wrong then....

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wow ignore the news and pull out this old chestnut because...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Wow ignore the news and pull out this old chestnut because...

Because it is valid, true and germane to the topic.

You ignore the corruption, the deceit and lack of any values, morals, ethics conducted by your idols in the authoritarian left.

It's truly an amazing thing to observe.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

why do you think manafort gave russians intel on US citizens?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

why do you think manafort gave russians intel on US citizens?

I don't know.

Did he?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

You do realize the Trump opposition paid foreign entities for dirt right?

You realize this is a crock of schitte right?
They did not pay any foreigners. Every check was issued to Fusion GPS an american corporation.
You realize that what you postulate is just a big fat lie right? But keep trotting it out because... well I do not know why anyone would because who wants to look stupid right?

As you are one who is quick to call Trump a liar I would offer that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

We all know damn well Clinton paid a foreign agent, through a consultant or not, to provide dirt. Please explain how this isn't foreign interference.

My best guess is a one line response that offers no explanation why it's okay, but does seem a great deal like you screaming reeeee.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

according to his lawyers he did -

As a top official in President Trump’s campaign, Paul Manafort shared political polling data with a business associate tied to Russian intelligence, according to a court filing unsealed on Tuesday. The document provided the clearest evidence to date that the Trump campaign may have tried to coordinate with Russians during the 2016 presidential race.

Mr. Manafort’s lawyers made the disclosure by accident, through a formatting error in a document filed to respond to charges that he had lied to prosecutors working for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, after agreeing to cooperate with their investigation into Russian interference in the election.

a guess as to why?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

You should brush up on your news, there was a correction.

As to the data, what kind of data, and if you read further, it was not sent to Russians.

The NYT actually issued a correction to their report.

But go ahead and smear fake news. Get angry.

Burn something or break a window.

Dunno.

But you're wrong about this.

It's amusing to watch.

If I clap, will you dance some more?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Mr. Manafort wanted the data sent to two Ukrainian oligarchs, Serhiy Lyovochkin and Rinat Akhmetov, not to Oleg V. Deripaska, a Russian oligarch close to the Kremlin.

why would he send these men polling information on US citizens?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This is what i would do.

I could give a rats ass about Trump. But if he is cleared by Mueller (or under investigation by Mueller), then it seems to be a miscarriage of justice to sidestep double jeopardy under the cloak of Congress.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

Mr. Manafort wanted the data sent to two Ukrainian oligarchs, Serhiy Lyovochkin and Rinat Akhmetov, not to Oleg V. Deripaska, a Russian oligarch close to the Kremlin.

why would he send these men polling information on US citizens?

Look deeper.

The polling data was public knowledge and Manafort worked with them as lobbyists for Ukraine.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: network dude
So what's to stop Trump from investigating Maxine Waters, Adam Shiff, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, and any others who are vocal.

Authority
Trump is a president, not an emperor. He can't just decide to use the government to "take out" his political rivals simply for speaking up against him.
Congress does have the ability to investigate stuff...Congress isn't a single person, its a representation of the overall country with many different representatives voting.

He actually does have that authority, but it's been expected that a President will not give directions to his AG on who and what to investigate/pursue. However. Trump is the number 1 law enforcement official in the land, bar none. He can open and close any Federal investigation he wants to. Contrary to leftists going on about authoritarianism, the President has actually shown great restraint in not using his power to reciprocate the witch hunts taking place.

The last time a president ordered the closing of an investigation was Richard Nixon demanding the closing of Watergate investigation...didn't end very well if memory serves me right.

edit on 12-1-2019 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

You do realize the Trump opposition paid foreign entities for dirt right?

You realize this is a crock of schitte right?
They did not pay any foreigners. Every check was issued to Fusion GPS an american corporation.
You realize that what you postulate is just a big fat lie right? But keep trotting it out because... well I do not know why anyone would because who wants to look stupid right?

I know I don't give you credit for being an intellectual, but I'd invite you to read what you wrote here, and try to digest it a bit. Once you have done that, ask yourself, are you really giving your side a pass because they did what they claim Trump did, but facilitated payment through a third party?

what you do when nobody is looking defines who you really are.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If it's anything like his previous ones I think we needn't worry

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
IIRC there's a thread on Trump having files or info or whatever and would bomb congress with

other item; after 30 day shutdown furloughed workers can see their positions eliminated; 'Reduction in Force'. Trump might use this to clean out the deep state maggots.

its nauseating to think of all his people being dragged before Maxine, Schiff etc to give account for themselves. I really hope Trump does share the dirt on them.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Your asking somone of silly's caliber to dig 'deeper'

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join