It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Download And Play A FREE Version Of The Favorite Cult Horror Game 'P.T.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I use to be a gamer, back in the early/mid 80's LOL. Back then, I was addicted to Galaga and would go to a neighborhood bar every Friday after work for happy hour and play. The bar's name was The Mason Jar and I'd pound a few cold, quart mason jars of beer, while regaining my position as high scorer and proudly enter my initials, BS. It was a good time playing Galaga with a buzz and watching a local band set up their equipment on stage, for that night's gig. I met many local musicians, back then, who also were Galaga addicts like myself.

When I got older, I was too busy working, dating and playing bass, to have time to play on any gaming console. That all changed when my kids were young and I ended up addicted to Mario Cart on Wii. Once in a while, I'll play a first-person shooter game on our upgraded Wii U console, like Call Of Duty 3, or Dead Space: Extraction, but the graphics aren't the greatest on the Wii U and I always end up bored and stop playing.

I read this article the other day about a horror game (I love horror movies) called "P.T.", which was downloaded and installed on the PlayStation 4 console, which came out in late 2013. P.T. was the Playable Teaser for the now-canceled Silent Hills survival horror game, that was suppose to be co-produced by Guillermo del Toro. PlayStation 4 consoles that have P.T. installed on it, are in high demand and are selling for over $1000 on eBay.

So, what's the big deal about this game? Check out the trailer for it from 2014:

Intrigued? Well, I was and I downloaded the FREE copy and it's scary as heck and a lot of fun to play. Here's a little information on it:

P.T. is one of the strangest video games to have ever been created, not simply because it was an excellent short-form horror/puzzle game on PlayStation 4, but because the original game has been virtually scrubbed from the internet and has been unavailable to download for years.

Despite this, P.T. has garnered a cult following, and independent video game creator RadiusGorde recently released a faithful recreation of the game—called Unreal PT—for free.

While the game was crafted using the Unreal 4 engine (hence the name “Unreal PT”), you won’t need a super-powerful PC or laptop in order to play it. The lowest minimum specs the game has been tested on are: CPU: i3-7100U 7th Generation with Intel HD 620 GPU: Integrated RAM: 8GB DDR4

lifehacker.com...

Here's The Link To The FREE Download:
radiusgordello.itch.io...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Thanks! Didn't previously know about it but will give it a go. I do enjoy good horror games.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have this on my PS4 still, Haven't touched it in a long time! but I played for hours when it first came out! very creepy. Resident Evil Biohazard definitely took some inspiration from PT, it's all I could think about playing that game.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Thanks, downloading now! I've never really played games in this genre, so it will be interesting. I have been gaming since the early days of text adventures, but gravitated towards FPS and RTS as technology allowed.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Jealous.
I loved, effin loved silent hill.
The most disturbing storylines ever.

I first stumbled upon SilentHill at a video game rental store. Resident evil was popular at the time and having just finished R.E 2, I came across A self proclaimed horror game called SilentHill.
Addicted.
I still remember fighting Bahamut in the old parking garage.

When the ps2 came out I remember I went to the Sony store and got a credit card.
My first purchase was a ps2 and SilentHill 2.
There was many late nights with the lights off playing that game.
The internet wasn’t in every ones home yet, mine being one of them.
So it was trial an error when I got stuck.

silent hill 3 was pretty damn good also.
And I still remember where I got stuck in silent hill 4 - The Room.
Had 1 chain left on my apt door and there was a ghost floating over my bed.
Couldn’t figure out what to do after that.

Silent hill downpour introduced a whole new generation of gamers (ps3 and Xbox 360) to the silent hill world.
Downpour was different then most other silent hill games. It was almost a free roam style where you could enter ppls homes and solve clues.

When P.T was announced with Norman Readus as the main character I was excited!
Then...it all slipped away when it was announced the project was canceled.
Damn I wish SilentHill would return.
edit on 11-1-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
about how long is this game? i see there are no save options

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

One of Hideo Kojima's should-have-been masterpieces.

Glad to see it still around.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Scariest #ing game ever!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
about how long is this game? i see there are no save options

Long enough to make you # yourself out of paranoia and fear. This is seriously a hidden/lost gem amongst the gaming community.

top topics

join