It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landing on the Moon: World's Greatest Propaganda Victory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If the moon landing was faked, how did the reflectors on the moon get there?

Here's a link talking about the information gained from these reflectors we left on the moon.
sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Here's a link debunking all the theories about the moon landing being faked.
www.badastronomy.com...

Enjoy. Maybe the civil war was a hoax.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Another thing I've never seen brought up by these "The Moon Landing Was Fake!" people is how in the world would Kubrick or anyone fake the effects of less gravity on the moon (i.e. leaping on the moons surface, hitting golf balls around, etc)

I just can't see why it's so hard to believe that a few brave men did some extraordinary and left our world for another one entirely and come back to a well deserved hero's welcome.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I, like most Americans, grew up believing we put men on the moon. Afterall, everyone saw it! And our government would never lie about something like that! How could they?!

At some point, after years of researching government criminality and cover-ups, I started thinking about the moon landing. Propaganda wars. The cold war. And available technology back in the 50's and 60's.

At times, our government lies to us. For good and for ill. Having been in the military, I understand that sometimes these lies actually are working to protect our nation's best interests. Take the cold war, for example. We were racing the Soviets in many areas, such as experimenting in mind control and the space program. Propaganda was one of our biggest weapons. Mis-directing them was of great usefulness.

Our leaders decided that in the space race, we would never be second to anyone. So, one of our big objectives was to put men on the moon. FIRST. To do so, would be a huge cold war victory. A psychological blow to the Soviet Solar Plexis. The whole world would be watching and they would see that no one could rival our technology and supremacy in space.

What American wouldn't want that?

At this point, I've come to believe that we did not actually land on the moon. I believe that our Hollywood technology at the time was light years ahead of our enemies'. I think NASA and someone in Hollywood (Stanley Kubric) got together and put together the world's most effective psych-warfare plan ever dreamed of: The Moon Landing.

It was brilliant. And the world bought it hook, line and sinker. Score one for the home team!

I have no axe to grinde on this issue. I just think its fascinating. If it is what I have suggested, that's fine. We were fighting the cold war and psych warfare is a big part of that. I have no desire to kill Americans' belief in that great accomplishment. I just wanted to see if anyone around ATS has come to the same conclusion.

One good question: How come no other country has ever followed us to the moon? One would think, regardless of who got there first, there would be good enuf reasons for others to attempt it.

Don't you think that USSR would have been screaming 'hoax' if the US did not go to the moon?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Even Kubricks BEST footage can easily be shown to be just special effects as the physics doesnt work. I am a great admirer of his work but he coudnt have faked the info for the moon landings

I agree with you completely, but I have to address this point here. If you've ever watched the astronauts on the moon footage sped up about half the speed it looks just like they're walking normally, suggesting that theoretically the footage could've been 'slowed down' to give that look of less gravity.

I'm not saying that's the case and I do believe it was likely genuine, but to create such an effect is very do-able, even then.

Also, in terms of effects they can make them almost as real as they want. The only reason effects look fake in most movies is a result of time and money. If they had all the time and money in the world they could create things that were almost undetectable. If people were given all the resources, money and time needed then again these effects would be very do-able, even then.

I don't believe this to be the case but I just thought I'd put that one out there.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
hi. i was interested in this thread and noticed how u guys were debating on the issue of the moon.
i was a little skeptic at first about this theory, but then a few years back FOX aired a documentary on the moon hoax, which only aired once.
after watching it, i have to say that the moon landing was definitely a hoax in 1969.
they gave a load of evidence, it was about an hour or two. and you just have to question the obvious things. why is it that we havent been on the moon since that time?
one of the things that struck me the most of that documentary was that they said the moon landing was really filmed at Area 51.
when u think about it, the desert can really be able to fake the moon's surface. and it was very weird how the american flag was waving in a place with no wind such as the moon.
then in the video came all the evidence shown in photographies that were taken. then went on and on about how the shadows weren't in the same angle, showing that there was more than one source of light other than the "sun". it was a very interesting documentary, too bad u cant catch it anymore.
when you think about it, youd think that these astronauts who landed on the moon would become celebrities of their time. it shows that they arent even see them anymore. i mean anyone to pull a feat like that would normally get some attention.

im not saying that those who believe in the moon landing has it all wrong, but u have to consider if this moon landing was possible, why hasnt it been done again?

to those of u interested, here's some links covering some of the stuff that video i saw covered:

www.dc8p.com...

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

theres a lot more links if u google this subject, but these r the ones i just found

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How come these threads keep going even when told there are plenty of other threads with the same stuff in them, over and over again.....what's the big deal with starting a whole new thread? Why can't people just add to an existing thread.....I don't understand it! Yes, the search is a bit confusing, but if I can do it, anybody can!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xkluziv1
hi. i was interested in this thread and noticed how u guys were debating on the issue of the moon.
i was a little skeptic at first about this theory, but then a few years back FOX aired a documentary on the moon hoax, which only aired once.
after watching it, i have to say that the moon landing was definitely a hoax in 1969.
they gave a load of evidence, it was about an hour or two. and you just have to question the obvious things. why is it that we havent been on the moon since that time?
one of the things that struck me the most of that documentary was that they said the moon landing was really filmed at Area 51.
when u think about it, the desert can really be able to fake the moon's surface. and it was very weird how the american flag was waving in a place with no wind such as the moon.
then in the video came all the evidence shown in photographies that were taken. then went on and on about how the shadows weren't in the same angle, showing that there was more than one source of light other than the "sun". it was a very interesting documentary, too bad u cant catch it anymore.
when you think about it, youd think that these astronauts who landed on the moon would become celebrities of their time. it shows that they arent even see them anymore. i mean anyone to pull a feat like that would normally get some attention.

im not saying that those who believe in the moon landing has it all wrong, but u have to consider if this moon landing was possible, why hasnt it been done again?

to those of u interested, here's some links covering some of the stuff that video i saw covered:

www.dc8p.com...

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

theres a lot more links if u google this subject, but these r the ones i just found

Uh i doubt you were even alive when the moon landings took place, but they were and still are national hereos...they got loads of attention, covers of magazines, TV interviews, their names in history books....

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
....Over and Over..and...Over and Over....Redundant....
To be quite frank about this and to the point, and please flame me if you wish, but this topic thread is nothng but a point whoring thread. Yep, that's right. I said it. Sue me.

How so?
Hmmm.....
Try these:
Above average moon hoax site
Moon Landing
Moon Truth
The moon landings were not faked !
NASA unsure how to counter claims of faked moon landings
Hard Evidence against moon landing
The Apollo 11 Moon landing
Moon Landings, etc
Fake or real that is the question.
Moon Landing-Fake?
The US Never Landed on the Moon!!
Picture of flag on the moon
Consider this perspective on the "fake" moon landings
Moon scam program replaced at last minute. Why?
Moon Landing was NOT faked.

I would think it would be safe to assume that this topic has been covered extensively and in virtually all 'thirty one' flavors? Hey! Maybe when China or Russia or when the Europeans land on the moon, then maybe that too will be a "hoax" or wait...maybe they will be legit and only the US landings will remain simply the only "hoax"?

Must have been one of those boring Sunday's around someone's house, huh?

seekerof

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

as posted by EastCoastKid
At some point, after years of researching government criminality and cover-ups, I started thinking about the moon landing. Propaganda wars. The cold war. And available technology back in the 50's and 60's.

and....

as posted by EastCoastKid
One good question: How come no other country has ever followed us to the moon? One would think, regardless of who got there first, there would be good enuf reasons for others to attempt it.

I would think that somewhere within all that research you claim you had and have done, that the answer would be well, umm, self-evident?

Try simply that it required an enormous monetary national investment and time (research, testing, building the components necessary, etc, etc), maybe?

seekerof

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What I find amazing is the computer power used on these Apollo missions compared to today's technology...

Apollo computer re-created

The AGC is indeed a piece of computing history. It had a one-megahertz processor, one kilobyte of random-access memory and 12 kilobytes of read-only memory. By contrast, typical desktop computers today have about 1,000 times the processor speed and about 500,000 times the RAM, and have dropped ROM for hard drives with millions of times the capacity.

Pultorak’s finished project consists of 70 pounds of electronics crammed into a 3-by-5-foot flat box — quite a bit larger than your basic home computer.

And it was enough to get the job done!!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The great and noble George W Bush - in emulation of his idol John F Kennedy's pronouncement in the decade of the sixties - has committed to put American astronauts on Mars by 2020.

One supposes that as a brilliant peace time "president" he is currently channeling ample resources to this "project".

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xkluziv1
they gave a load of evidence, it was about an hour or two.

Boy, I wish they'd re-air that show.
But it's probably in the same vault as that episode of The Men who Killed Kennedy, ya know the one that says Johnson was involved.

Why not show the program again? What is being hid?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Fox probably won't show it again because it was wrong.

If you had looked at my link earlier you would have seem a step by step debunking of the fox show.
www.badastronomy.com...

I actually downloaded it from limewire, so it is out there.

And if it was faked, how did the reflectors get there?
Easy, we actually went to the moon and put them there.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hmmm if the moon landing was faked and for propaganda only. Then that means the moon missions that failed were fake and for........what purpose exactly?

The rocks brought back, rocks that can't be found any place on earth, came from where exactly?

Boy, I wish they'd re-air that show.

Why?
What's the point when everything they showed has been debunked?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Pick your favorite theory:

1) The "Greys" faked the landings to make us think we're more technologically advanced than we are, so it will be easier to crush us when the right time comes.

2) Tens of thousands of participating NASA people and scientists reviewing data from the Apollo program are lying or too stupid to know it was a put-up job, and have held thier silence for 36 years.

3) The Russians didn't spill the beans on us 'cause their whole Yuri Gagarin thing was fake, too.

4) A teenaged Karl Rove concieved and performed this brilliant feat as a warm-up to stealing the 2000 and 2004 elections for Bush. (He's from Texas, where mission control was. Coincidence? You be the judge,)

5) Conspiracy theorists with too much time on thier hands, craving attention, who "used to be on the other side" (hey, pay attention to me! I'm credible!) like to make unsubstantiated and easily refutable arguements about conspiracies that don't exist.

Where's the Mods when they're needed?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
How about that rock with numbers on it in the astronaut's filming. That was pretty obvious.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Um - how did those mirrors that you too can bounce a laser off of get up there now??

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
Where's the Mods when they're needed?

Ignoring nobs like you evidentally.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
One thing that I'll point out is that for all practical purposes, we were at war, albit a cold one during the moon shots. This means that we were much more willing as a nation to risk the lives of our best on things like this.

I do believe we got there, on a hell of a lot of luck and the nads of some really gutsy people. Though I'm sure there are people willing to take those typs of risks today to further the noble cause of space exploration, we as a society have lost the will to let them.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I've got no idea if we made it or not, There are alot of interesting stories about how we made it but showed something different.

Area 51 aerial shots show a heap of moonlike craters (Of course that could be weapons testing). Would Kubric keep this secret? When orson wells did the War of the Worlds broadcast he said years after that he was commisioned to do it to test reactions.

One interesting point is that not only are China and India backing out on their plans for no reason they still haven't worked out how to get past the van allen? belt. Hard to believe that China is 40 years behind US technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join