It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Border Security Poll of 2019 is Bad News for Democrats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
New poll seems to indicate most people agree illegal immigration is a problem.

Overall, 93% think it's a problem.

So why are Democrats who have flipped their agenda saying it's "Manufactured by Trump" ??

I think they (the D's) are getting paid to say what they are now saying.

Big illegal money going down the drain with Trump in power 😀🚬

First Border Security Poll of 2019 is Bad News for Democrats

• 40 PERCENT OF AMERICANS OVERALL SAY ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IN THE U.S. IS A “VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM”; 73 PERCENT OF REPUBLICANS, 38 PERCENT OF INDEPENDENTS AND 15 PERCENT OF DEMOCRATS AGREE.

• 22 PERCENT OVERALL SAY ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS A “SOMEWHAT SERIOUS PROBLEM”; 19 PERCENT OF REPUBLICANS, 21 PERCENT OF INDEPENDENTS AND 26 PERCENT OF DEMOCRATS AGREE.

• 24 PERCENT OVERALL SAY ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS A “MINOR PROBLEM”; 5 PERCENT OF REPUBLICANS, 23 PERCENT OF INDEPENDENTS AND 42 PERCENT OF DEMOCRATS AGREE.

• 7 PERCENT OVERALL SAY ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS “NOT A PROBLEM”; 2 PERCENT OF REPUBLICANS, 7 PERCENT OF INDEPENDENTS AND 12 PERCENT OF DEMOCRATS AGREE.

• 6 PERCENT OVERALL ARE UNSURE; 1 PERCENT OF REPUBLICANS, 11 PERCENT OF INDEPENDENTS AND 4 PERCENT OF DEMOCRATS AGREE.

"smoke 'em out and expose 'em to the Sun"

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There's a far bigger picture here, and that is the next elections. With a really comedy of errors choice the Dim 'o crats seem to be able to possibly put together. America will long remember Pelosi's obstruction and the Din "o crats in general putting their pizzing match ahead of the American people.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Almost everyone I personally know actually thinks building at least a partial wall down there is good. I have heard a couple of people out of maybe thirty I have talked to that think it is not good, but they are stout liberals and there is no compromising with them. There are differences in opinions on how it should be paid, some say to get the core of engineers there along with some military units to pay for it. The National guard needs practice too, we pay for them to go play war games so hauling them down so they can do some work and practice on illegals trying to cross over might be a way of paying for the wall.
The practicing on illegals is a joke liberals.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sample 1500 US Adults
Conducted December 30, 2018 - January 1, 2019

Ya that speaks for America.

Did you miss THAT?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The Economist /YouGov Poll

45% percent oppose wall, while 43 do not and 12 percent undecided.

53 percent don't like the where the country is going.
61 percent want a President who compromises to get things done.
Country trusts Democrats 34 % for immigration reform over Republicans.
53% blame Trump for shutdown
They think democrats need to comprise
The country feels America is less respected in the world
The country also feels Trump will go down in history as a poor president....

Many more, be careful what part of report you cherry pick. Overall majority of America not in favor of Trump and his actions regarding border security.

edit on 10-1-2019 by j4ckd4r1pp3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: errck
Sample 1500 US Adults
Conducted December 30, 2018 - January 1, 2019

Ya that speaks for America.

Did you miss THAT?

Oh My GOD I totally missed THAT !!!

🙀

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yeah and Hillary had a 98% chance to win the Presidential election. I couldn't care less about what the polls say because it all depends on where the polls are conducted. Arkansas Democrats and Republicans aren't the same as California Democrats and Republicans for instance.

I for one vote Republican but dislike the majority of the ones in power. I vote Republican because the Democratic party are #house rat crazy. As it stands now, I just want the wall and better border security like Trump promised. I don't care how he does it as long as it happens.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
At this point, I have to agree that much of these establishment politicians have ulterior motives for their statements and seeming lack of action on illegal immigration. What those motives are is up for debate.

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Yeah and Hillary had a 98% chance to win the Presidential election. I couldn't care less about what the polls say because it all depends on where the polls are conducted. Arkansas Democrats and Republicans aren't the same as California Democrats and Republicans for instance.

I for one vote Republican but dislike the majority of the ones in power. I vote Republican because the Democratic party are #house rat crazy. As it stands now, I just want the wall and better border security like Trump promised. I don't care how he does it as long as it happens.

But that’s racist and fascist to want that.. /s

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Over 60% of Americans don’t want that stupid wall. Once again the basket of deplorables, all huddled in their orgy of ignorance, believe they have a mandate. Here’s a clue. Get out of your parents basement and talk to some real Americans and then maybe you will learn how non mainstream you are.

politicalwire.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

are you saying only 7% of the population are dems?

If so then brush them off and move on...

but this like everything else from this crew is total bull.

Guess who is NOT paying for the wall.... the American people thats who...
Guess who is NEVER getting his wall...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Its pathetic... they actually believe they speak for the american people.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You guys said you'll stop illegal immigration telling companies to stop hiring Aliens. Good luck with that.

Now, how do you stop human trafficking from happening at the border? Also, drugs and guns pouring into the country?

Since you're the smartest person on ATS, I believe you have a solution.

edit on 11/1/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Over 60% of Americans don’t want that stupid wall. Once again the basket of deplorables, all huddled in their orgy of ignorance, believe they have a mandate. Here’s a clue. Get out of your parents basement and talk to some real Americans and then maybe you will learn how non mainstream you are.

politicalwire.com...

then why did so many want it a few years ago? What has changed? I bet you know.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

are you saying only 7% of the population are dems?

If so then brush them off and move on...

but this like everything else from this crew is total bull.

Guess who is NOT paying for the wall.... the American people thats who...
Guess who is NEVER getting his wall...

empirical statements. they tend to bite those with integrity on the ass. Good thing it will never get you. But Trump might get his wall.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

there should be a time limit on serving in both houses same as the presa good clean out usually flushes the # imyo

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

politicalwire.com...

You honestly can't see how foolish and ignorant you make yourself look when you post, can you? Your condescending and insulting childish remarks seem to be the only thoughts you can muster. I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the majority of us here are out of elementary and middle school and have moved past our adolescent mindsets. You sound like a butt hurt child that has no concept nor the ability to put together an actual civil or adult conversation and I feel sorry for you in some respects. If you want to spend the rest of your life on playground recess it is your prerogative, but if you wish to have an honest debate with the rest of the grown-up world, maybe you should tone down your childish rhetoric of insults and slurs. People would take you much more serious if the first thing out of your mouth wasn't an insult directed at the very person or group you wish to converse with. Just saying.
edit on 11-1-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

politicalwire.com...

Because migrants can always find alternative routes to crossing the border, there are better methods for deterring illegal entry.”

If the so called migrants do find a way to cross through by the sea so whatever happened to the American Navy? sleeping on the job? being paid not to patrol the ocean near the borders?
edit on 11-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

there should be a time limit on serving in both houses same as the presa good clean out usually flushes the # imyo

I get the idea, and that many or most are corrupt. The problem is that to have effective gov and public policy, you also need people with institutional knowledge, expertise, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

No need for the Navy. We've got another organization called the Coast Guard. Their job description is right in their name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join