It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now it's only a waiting game

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Trump walked in and said “Are you going to give me my walk?”

Pelosi says “No”

Trump throughs a temper tantrum and walks out.

He didn’t say anything like “What will it take for you to give me the wall?” Or “How about we do x or y and bundle the wall in with that?” Nope, just like a toddler that doesn’t get the toy that he wants throwing a fit in Wal-Mart. So much for the deal master....

Nice fiction. You should write novels.

The exact words used are not known, unless you were in that meeting. The characterization I heard reported was that every time Trump made a proposal, Pelosi opposed it. So when he finally mentioned agreeing with Pelosi's demand on just the condition they negotiate in good faith about the wall, she still said "no." So Trump walked out. I would have too. Schumer and Pelosi are acting like children holding their breath until they get their way.

Someone else mentioned earlier that until 2016, "negotiation" and "compromise" in Washington DC meant "Republicans give Democrats everything they want and ask them not to be mean." That's pretty much true. I for one am glad to see it stopped. If it hurts Cryin' Chuck and Nothin' Nancy, so bad, too sad. The godhead worship of these two insufferable idiots and their mindless minions in crime has gone on for far too long. It's no wonder we were becoming the laughingstock of nations and the biggest pushover on the planet... our "leaders" couldn't lead their way out of the broad end of a funnel with GPS!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hmmmm. Slavery was legal when the constitution was originally written I suppose we should reinstate that. Or what about banning women from voting? Or a host of other things.

Are you comparing those to the electoral college? Do explain.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Saturday January 12, 2019

CNN Headline: GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN IS LONGEST IN U.S. HISTORY!

As expected from this Anti-America terrorist organization, right at 12:00:01 tonight, CNN started bringing government employees before the camera, to describe how hard their lives have become.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think most people need to go back and learn how presidential elections work in the USA.

And...NO...I don't think a change is needed!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Trump walked in and said “Are you going to give me my walk?”

Pelosi says “No”

Trump throughs a temper tantrum and walks out.

He didn’t say anything like “What will it take for you to give me the wall?” Or “How about we do x or y and bundle the wall in with that?” Nope, just like a toddler that doesn’t get the toy that he wants throwing a fit in Wal-Mart. So much for the deal master....

Nice fiction. You should write novels.

The exact words used are not known, unless you were in that meeting. The characterization I heard reported was that every time Trump made a proposal, Pelosi opposed it. So when he finally mentioned agreeing with Pelosi's demand on just the condition they negotiate in good faith about the wall, she still said "no." So Trump walked out. I would have too. Schumer and Pelosi are acting like children holding their breath until they get their way.

Someone else mentioned earlier that until 2016, "negotiation" and "compromise" in Washington DC meant "Republicans give Democrats everything they want and ask them not to be mean." That's pretty much true. I for one am glad to see it stopped. If it hurts Cryin' Chuck and Nothin' Nancy, so bad, too sad. The godhead worship of these two insufferable idiots and their mindless minions in crime has gone on for far too long. It's no wonder we were becoming the laughingstock of nations and the biggest pushover on the planet... our "leaders" couldn't lead their way out of the broad end of a funnel with GPS!

TheRedneck

I love how this president has brought out the true dirty character of the people who support Trump. You are a liar just like he is. No where was it reported that Trump offered up proposal after proposal and Pelosi shot it down. To the contrary Trump himself seemed to confirm the Democrats version of events with the only objection being that he didn't slam his hands down. Here is Fox News take on the meeting.

Speaking to reporters after the brief session, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said the “president just got up and walked out."

“He asked Speaker Pelosi, ‘will you agree to my wall?’ She said no. And he just got up, and said, 'Well we’ve got nothing to discuss,'" Schumer said.

The president, in a tweet, called the meeting “a total waste of time” and appeared to confirm that he left after Pelosi's answer.

“I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!” Trump tweeted.

Fox News

The best you got is that Kevin McCarthy stated that the events didn't happen the way Schumer said they did, but he did NOT say how it actually played out.

"I just listened to Senator Schumer,” McCarthy, a California Republican, said. “I know he complained the time that you had cameras in the meeting. I think we need to bring them back. Because what he described the meeting to be is totally different than what took place."

Go ahead, keep being a mindless Trump pawn.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The few Government employees I've know will start receiving "Late Payment" calls for their credit cards and car payments, almost immediately.

Holy crap to 800k federal employees live pay day to pay day? No one has savings or credit? Out of the 800k the vast majority are on a paid vacation and if I was one of them I would be at a Mexico resort right now...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Only the deplorables think that way. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Lumenari

Odd.. I had thought that Democrats just had to approve 1/3 less of the same money on a bill they voted into law last time to get the money flowing again.

I seem to recall that Trump said he took responsibility for the shutdown... I believe he even tweeted it.

He did. But since that doesn’t currently fit the reality Trump says is the real one he and his followers (about 25% of the least educated Americans) literally don’t believe it happened. They find out what they believe daily from Trumps twitter. If it happened over 5 minutes ago it is only true if Trump tells them its true.

These people are imbeciles.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I love how this president has brought out the true dirty character of the people who support Trump. You are a liar just like he is. No where was it reported that Trump offered up proposal after proposal and Pelosi shot it down. To the contrary Trump himself seemed to confirm the Democrats version of events with the only objection being that he didn't slam his hands down. Here is Fox News take on the meeting.

Trump has offered up proposal after proposal over the past couple of years. He keeps getting turned down.

Now, I suppose you think that the correct thing for him to do is just throw up his hands and say "I give up! You win!" but that's not how successful people do things. I would have walked out as well. Look at what we do know:

“I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier?

That's called a proposal. Pro-pose'-al. Look it up. In a dictionary.

Nancy said, NO.

That's called a rejection. Re-ject'-shun. Look it up. In a dictionary.

I said bye-bye, nothing else works!” Trump tweeted.

And that is how one responds to a rejection of a proposal. Trump offered everything the Democrats wanted; the Democrats refused to offer anything. That's a dead end. Had Pelosi offered something, I might feel different, but she offered nothing... just do what we say and quit expecting anything in return!

I actually believe he probably did slam his hands down as he got up to leave, but that's a minor point. The main point is that the Democrats have done absolutely no negotiation, no give and take, back and forth, I'll give a little on this if I can get what I want on that... none of it.

You really need to wake up. Nancy Pelosi is not the President. Chuck Schumer is not the President. Donald Trump is the President, and he will continue to be the President for at least two more years (probably 6 more). There's absolutely nothing you can do about that. You can cry, scream at the sky, call people names, and play with your coloring books all you want; none of it matters. Your team lost. Get over it, grow up, and act your age.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We have let them charge us 8 trillion dollars for a war & we just except it, now they want to charge us 25 billion dollars for a wall that will take 30 years to complete....30 years ? when you look at the big picture that's 7 more elections... more presidents come and go. How old will you be in 30 years?
Its just another money laundering game.
My gut says its not about the wall, the wall is a false flag. fallow the money trail.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Odd.. I had thought that Democrats just had to approve 1/3 less of the same money on a bill they voted into law last time to get the money flowing again.

I seem to recall that Trump said he took responsibility for the shutdown... I believe he even tweeted it.

I seem to remember something along the lines of you being an intelligent person. Your posts usually reflect that. In this case, not so much. Yes, He did say that, and did tweet that, but since then, has he tried to negotiate any? Has he tried to get the democrats to talk about ending this? And if so, what has the response been? What has the democrats told him?

Now, with all that information, explain again who is REALLY responsible here.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

He did. But since that doesn’t currently fit the reality Trump says is the real one he and his followers (about 25% of the least educated Americans) literally don’t believe it happened. They find out what they believe daily from Trumps twitter. If it happened over 5 minutes ago it is only true if Trump tells them its true.

These people are imbeciles.

Not that you have the metal capacity to retain this, or dare I say, comprehend it, but that exact attitude is what made Donald Trump the president of the United States. When pseudo intellectuals try to claim the intellectual high ground, then continue to be dumbasses, it doesn't make you look smarter, or better, or more correct. It makes you look like a self riotous ass who thinks he is better than others based on your political party. If there is a stupider measure of intelligence, I'd love to know what it is.

But stick with what you know, it's been working swimmingly up till now.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The thing about the shut down is, Trump has the power and authority to shut down far more as he has control over a whole host of agencies that could really turn up the heat on Congress to do something.

Congress only allocates the operational funds, the President administers how to spend those funds. And while each agency has prior approved plans of what gets trimmed (what we currently see) the President can change them as he deems fit and appropriate.

For example, California likes to say that if they were a separate country they would be the world’s fifth largest economy. Trump could reduce federal funding of HHS programs to California to better assist other poorer states. Like Section 8 through HUD or Food Stamps. Not eliminate distribution but reduce with the State of California picking up the slack.

But Trump is not doing that level of micromanaging. Just that he could. So government workers paychecks, most of whom are custodial staff and park rangers, isn’t as cataclysmic as say whole poor neighborhoods finding themselves homeless and starving without government assistance leaving the local authorities to deal with riots.

The old saying of nine missed meals from a war comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

What you're saying is, if the those gosh darn Democrats just completely capitulate and give Trump everything he wants, then this whole thing would just end, its really just so shuckey duckey simple!

Well, it's only fair.

What you're saying is, if Trump and those gosh darn Republicans just completely capitulate and give the Democrats everything they want, then this whole thing would just end, its really just so shuckey duckey simple!

TheRedneck

Praytell why Trump didn't take care of this when he had control of the legislature the past 2 years? Why is it incumbent upon Democrats to fulfill Trump's mandates (when for the most part they were just recently elected as a rebuttal to Trump's mandates)?
edit on 02am19famSun, 13 Jan 2019 11:55:07 -0600America/ChicagoSun, 13 Jan 2019 11:55:07 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Praytell why Trump didn't take care of this when he had control of the legislature the past 2 years?

Because the Senate requires 60 votes for cloture. Praytell why is that such a hard thing to understand? It's been stated on here at least a thousand times by now.

It's not going to change the next time someone asks that question, either.

Why is it incumbent upon Democrats to fulfill Trump's mandates (when for the most part they were just recently elected as a rebuttal to Trump's mandates)?

It is incumbent upon all elected seats to negotiate with each other to get the nation's business done. It's in the job description.

You make quite the assumption on the "rebuttal of the mandate" statement. Traditionally, the midterm election after a Presidential change is much more of a rebuttal than this one was. The Republicans actually gained Senate seats, remember?

Another statement that has been made a thousand times and won't change the next time it's asked...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Praytell why Trump didn't take care of this when he had control of the legislature the past 2 years?

Because the Senate requires 60 votes for cloture. Praytell why is that such a hard thing to understand? It's been stated on here at least a thousand times by now.

It's not going to change the next time someone asks that question, either.

Why is it incumbent upon Democrats to fulfill Trump's mandates (when for the most part they were just recently elected as a rebuttal to Trump's mandates)?

It is incumbent upon all elected seats to negotiate with each other to get the nation's business done. It's in the job description.

You make quite the assumption on the "rebuttal of the mandate" statement. Traditionally, the midterm election after a Presidential change is much more of a rebuttal than this one was. The Republicans actually gained Senate seats, remember?

Another statement that has been made a thousand times and won't change the next time it's asked...

TheRedneck

But Trump had the nuclear option at his disposal then just as he does now. If he couldn't convince a handful of democrats to support his wall when he only needed a handful why wait for the house to flip before trying in earnest to get wall funding? What reason would he have not to pull the 'nuclear' option then rather than now?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But Trump had the nuclear option at his disposal then just as he does now. If he couldn't convince a handful of democrats to support his wall when he only needed a handful why wait for the house to flip before trying in earnest to get wall funding? What reason would he have not to pull the 'nuclear' option then rather than now?

I am personally glad they haven't used the 'nuclear option.' It serves as a check against runaway government, or at least it would if Senators would stop voting purely on party lines.

One point of order: Trump does not have the 'nuclear option' at his disposal... McConnell does. Trump is not a member of the Senate.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I am personally glad they haven't used the 'nuclear option.' It serves as a check against runaway government, or at least it would if Senators would stop voting purely on party lines.

One point of order: Trump does not have the 'nuclear option' at his disposal... McConnell does. Trump is not a member of the Senate.

TheRedneck

Sorry I should have clarified rather than nuclear option as it relates to the Senate, I meant to reference Trumps ability to declare a national emergency and accomplish his wall goals through military funding.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Sorry I should have clarified rather than nuclear option as it relates to the Senate, I meant to reference Trumps ability to declare a national emergency and accomplish his wall goals through military funding.

Well, you tell me which would be better for the economy? Use the military, or pay contractors who hire people to do the construction and then spend that money on things they need/want?

A National Emergency is not the best way to accomplish the goal. But it might be the only way now, thanks to Pelosi.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well, you tell me which would be better for the economy? Use the military, or pay contractors who hire people to do the construction and then spend that money on things they need/want?

A National Emergency is not the best way to accomplish the goal. But it might be the only way now, thanks to Pelosi.

TheRedneck

You're missing the point im trying to focus on: why now? Why didn't Trump deal with this when Republicans controlled everything? It's not like his so called emergency suddenly sprang into existence when the Democrats took control of the house. If it really is a national emergency why did he wait until his options were most limited to try and get the wall funded?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join