It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now it's only a waiting game

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

and I seriously doubt anyone is going to log into their accounts and expect their checks to be there... Unless they are idiots... Pretty sure that WE ALL KNOW the government is shut down.

some of us know it's only a partial shutdown. Others, well, others may not be that smart.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

If the libertarians had chosen a serious candidate, I would have too, but they instead put up a stoned dude-bro who was otherwise a boilerplate establishment Republican.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
See people are not looking at the big picture. Fund the wall with ladders and slides, make it a tourist attraction. Get as silly as you want, then Trump has to “turn down the wall.”

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So you cast a vote for the most greedy and corrupt candidate in modern history? Really?

Absolutely not, but thanks for playing!

Also, there is abundant evidence of you defending Trump on a litany of other topics on this very board. You are attempting to separate yourself from the average trumpet but this is too little too late.

Sticks and stones and such. Neenerneeenerneeeeeeeeeener.

Good chat.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Wayfarer

No, it means they come to him with what they want in exchange for what he wants. Then both sides sit down and hash it out. I understand that for a long time in DC compromise has meant that democrats get what they want and Repulicans give it to them, but this time, they might actually have to give up something they don't want to give and get something in exchange.

No is not a wish list.

Just think about all of the legislative things you wish democrats would pass and consider that instead of simply saying no to the president, Nancy could be sitting there across from Trump and saying, "You want X? Well, we want Y ..."

Its telling that you think this is one sided. I guess Democrats got everything they wanted when MCConnel held up a SC nomination for (reasons).....

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
People are worried about the Coast Guard station around the corner but the cook has a credit card good for $20,000 so he's not worried and they have lines of credit for fuel so life won't really change. Only 3 of the crew have families that will be able to come to the station to eat.

Locals are really helping too.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
People are worried about the Coast Guard station around the corner but the cook has a credit card good for $20,000 so he's not worried and they have lines of credit for fuel so life won't really change. Only 3 of the crew have families that will be able to come to the station to eat.

Locals are really helping too.

Stock market off to it's best start in 13 years too!

www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 11-1-2019 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you thought he was that, you shouldn't have run the most evil, greedy, corrupt woman on the planet against him.

It was like the election of dumb and dumber where the only difference was whether you, as a voter were labeled deplorable or not based on your prior political policy preferences.

When all was said and done, I don't tend to vote for people who so openly mock everything I tend to believe in. So I couldn't vote for the evil, greedy, corrupt woman.

YMMV. I know people feel the other way.

I agree with you 100% on that issue. Hillary was/is a horrible candidate for president. I voted third party this past election.

did you feel as if your vote mattered?

Nope, but thanks to the electoral college unless I vote Republican my vote will never truly matter in my home state.

Which is why I think the electoral college needs to be done away with or at the very least split up by popular vote.
edit on 11-1-2019 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I bet there are Republicans in California and New York who might say the same thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Clearly, they don't count.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Odd.. I had thought that Democrats just had to approve 1/3 less of the same money on a bill they voted into law last time to get the money flowing again.

I seem to recall that Trump said he took responsibility for the shutdown... I believe he even tweeted it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I bet there are Republicans in California and New York who might say the same thing.

Well then don’t you think we should abolish the electoral college or at the very least make it porportional to the popular vote? That way everyone’s vote counts?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well then don’t you think we should abolish the electoral college or at the very least make it porportional to the popular vote? That way everyone’s vote counts?

Sheer and absolute ignorance.

Well done outing yourself...again.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well, at the very least you owe us a token explanation for why the few should rule the many.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Sheer and absolute ignorance to conduct presidential elections just like every other modern democracy does? Really?

I would consider still using archaic system to be ignorance. Care to explain why you think this system is still necessary instead of acting holier than thou?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Why should the many always overrule the few?

I don't understand how the left cares so much for minorities and their rights ... right up until we discuss the electoral college which is an institution designed specifically to do that.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Sheer and absolute ignorance to conduct presidential elections just like every other modern democracy does? Really?

I found your trouble, champ! We aren't a modern democracy. We aren't a democracy at all. We're a constitutional republic.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The USA is not a democracy. It’s a Republic.
Democracies are an inferior governance system. ‘Mob rule’ is the definition of democracy.
‘Mob rule’ is the definition of popular vote.

Imagine if the majority wanted to implement something that you found very oppressive. Like suppressing a certain group or viewpoint. Would the popular vote be what you wanted then?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't owe you anything, especially a basics course in civics and government.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I would consider still using archaic system to be ignorance. Care to explain why you think this system is still necessary instead of acting holier than thou?

Sheer ignorance to assume the USA is a democracy. It’s not. It’s a Republic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join