It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now it's only a waiting game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Trump has done exactly what I wanted him to do and exactly why I cast my vote for him. Nothing at all to do with partisanship and very little to do with policy. In fact the only policies were getting us out of the middle east and parts of NE Africa as well as border security. The main reason was to highlight greed and corruption that is prevalent in U.S. politics and easily viewable anyone with at least one partially good eye, or half a working eardrum.

I may live to regret it, let me explain.

Over the past few years from my point of view, I've seen the conversation gradually shift. It goes something like this:

"If you do/say/think/believe like __________, then you are __________."

You can put anything into those blanks as you wish, rarely is an accurate depiction placed or summation reached. It's rhetoric, hyperbole or more commonly just a fallacy. An incomplete equation if you will.

As the media circus goes on and on, it become more apparent, and what's more, more dangerous and it only ends one way.

If you're not with us, you're against us.

That's where we end up and when the conversation stops. When the free expression of ideas ceases, that's when the fists come out and any view through history will reveal that it doesn't stop with fists, that's only the beginning.

I'd much rather exchange words than bullets with any of my fellow Americans. So in short, keep the conversation going. Discuss, debate, argue, complain and don't let the conversation stop.

-Jinmi

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Suuuuuuure.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Lots of pressure will be put on Democrats after a few hundred thousand Federal Employees wake up tomorrow morning, log into their account, and see that the deposit from employer Uncle Sam is not there.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Lots of pressure will be put on Democrats after a few hundred thousand Federal Employees wake up tomorrow morning, log into their account, and see that the deposit from employer Uncle Sam is not there.

Yeah that’s not going to be on the Democrats. They aren’t the ones who shut down the government.

When people get sick because Republicans just voted not to reinstate food safety checks, they’ll remember that too.

Scream the ship is upright all the way to the bottom of the ocean if you want.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Yeah that’s not going to be on the Democrats. They aren’t the ones who shut down the government.

When people get sick because Republicans just voted not to reinstate food safety checks, they’ll remember that too.

Odd.. I had thought that Democrats just had to approve 1/3 less of the same money on a bill they voted into law last time to get the money flowing again.

Let's face it... Democrats will blame Republicans.

Republicans will blame Democrats.

The only difference between the two that are holding people hostage is that one of them wants to protect Americans, the other side will watch the whole country burn to the ground before they give an inch because of... political posturing.

Isn't like they haven't voted on it and passed it before...

They just won't now because Orange Man Bad.

We'll see how the actual adults in the country feel about it in 2020.

Until then, don't sign a damn thing, Mr President.

We do not negotiate with terrorists.

edit on 10-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Tomorrow won't be a major breaking point. Any Federal employees who aren't already aware there's a shutdown probably don't have enough neural horsepower to know how to read a bank statement.

The real problem will come slowly over the next months, as mortgages and utilities come due and there's not enough to pay them. An emergency resolution would help with that... just make it illegal for mortgage companies to foreclose or utility companies to shut off service to affected Federal employees until the dispute is resolved. Of course, that would require the Democrats in the House to actually do something, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

The House Republicans should propose it anyway though... that would show the House Democrats for what they really are.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The real problem will come slowly over the next months, as mortgages and utilities come due and there's not enough to pay them.

That's interesting. Haven't thought about that.

I wonder what the housing market, that many claim is in a bubble or already falling, will handle that.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The few Government employees I've know will start receiving "Late Payment" calls for their credit cards and car payments, almost immediately.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So, you're saying the Democrats have nothing they can do that would resolve this? Are you saying that the bills still won't pass even if they approve the border security requests?

And when they don't? Will people realize the food safety checks are outdated and worthless?

No thanks. You're doing that just fine by yourself.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I found out my son is affected, but he says he has everything under control for now. He's still looking for temporary work though.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Since 95% of Federal Government employees are Democrats, they will complain to those who (they feel) obviously care the most about them...Democrats in Congress.

Ref: www.newsmax.com...

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

People are getting sick with food safety checks because Failifornia can't keep fecal matter out of their lettuce fields.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It'll drop. Again.

TheRedneck

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Really?

The Democrats could negotiate. They could likely get some things they want too in exchange for the border security measures the president wants.

But instead, they'd rather say no.

Think about that, they could get stuff they (and by extension you) claim to want so very badly.

But it's more important to have a total lack of border security.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Oh yes it is, even super Liberals are saying Trump should be given the money.

The worm is turning...

Cher Tweets

FOR trump THIS IS POLITICAL..BUT REAL PPL ARE REALLY SUFFERING ‼️
WHERE WAS THE FKNG
CRISIS 1 MONTH AGO,1YR AGO⁉️WHERE HAS IT BEEN FOR THE LAST 2 YRS. HAVING SAID THATNANCY YOU ARE A HERO LET HIM HAVE HIS FKNG MONEY‼️PPL WILL STARVE
LOSE THEIR HOMES, B UNABLE 2 C DRS

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I found out my son is affected, but he says he has everything under control for now. He's still looking for temporary work though.

Your son is like his Father. You raised him well.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Tomorrow won't be a major breaking point. Any Federal employees who aren't already aware there's a shutdown probably don't have enough neural horsepower to know how to read a bank statement.

The real problem will come slowly over the next months, as mortgages and utilities come due and there's not enough to pay them. An emergency resolution would help with that... just make it illegal for mortgage companies to foreclose or utility companies to shut off service to affected Federal employees until the dispute is resolved. Of course, that would require the Democrats in the House to actually do something, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

The House Republicans should propose it anyway though... that would show the House Democrats for what they really are.

TheRedneck

Democrats shouldn't have a problem with that at all... I have members of my family that work for the great state of Kalifornia and they have some years when the money ran out received IOU vouchers from the state that they could show their mortgage holders and utility services.

So it should be just common practice to the Democrats.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I know, right?

Cher is apparently falling victim to the left's own lack of morality. They haven't been able to mount an actual argument against the wall thus far. It started out as the wall wasn't needed (until an illegal killed a cop), then it was too expensive (but it's less than 1% of the entire budget), then walls are racist (still don't know where that one came from), then walls don't work (who thought of trying that idiotic excuse?), and I think I missed a few points. They've been throwing every single allegation against the wall on the wall to see if it would stick, and nothing has so far. In the meantime, they went home on vacation while Trump stayed in DC asking for someone to come to him so they could negotiate a solution, refused to make any concessions while Trump made multiple concessions (DACA, steel instead of concrete), and actually retracted their previous offers. It's plain to anyone who can see their own nose that the Democrats are refusing to negotiate in good faith for a solution. When even Cher can see right through the charades, you know something is seriously wrong.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
He'll declare a national emergency before it gets to true Armgeddon status, but he needs everyone to feel that it's justified and not a stunt before he does, and in the meantime, the Democrats could always come talk turkey.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

In the near future the newly unemployed are likely going to start losing their homes and maybe cars...They are going to get angry...Are they going to get angry at Trump who they hate anyway and start screaming at him, or are they going to get angry at those they voted for who are supposed to have their best liberal interests at heat; those who could put them back to work in 45 minutes??? Are they willing to lose their homes and assets to stay on Pelosie and Shumer's bandwagon???

I don't think so...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join