It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V: The Second Generation (2005)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Considering the immense popularity if the original V Miniseries way back in the 80's, I am quite psyched for this new Miniseries. It basically takes up where the TV series left off. Cast members like Jane "Diana" Badler, Mark Singer and Robert Englund are reprising their roles from the original Minseries and TV series as well as some new characters I suspect. The big bonus is the man who brought the original V to celluloid life will be returning as writer and director as well. Though the FX utilized in the 80's were stunning for a TV miniseries at that point in time, I'm anxious to see if they will encorporate top knotch CGI FX as well as conventional FX.

Here's the IMDB link:

www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interesting. Did this not happen? It was scheduled for 2/20?

I can't tell what network will broadcast the movie either.

Hi BTW our Reptilian_Queen, and welcome home to harvest ATS members.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Interesting. Did this not happen? It was scheduled for 2/20?

I can't tell what network will broadcast the movie either.

Hi BTW our Reptilian_Queen, and welcome home to harvest ATS members.

Hmmmm....according to IMDB it's still in production at the moment. I know the new V miniseries was supposed to have aired November of 2004 but NBC liked the script so much they let Kenneth Johnson make it a 4 hour, 2 day miniseries instead of a 2 hour movie.

P.S. Have no fear. I am merely on Earth to harvest the world's Guinea Pig supply.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have some puzzling things to report here. It seems like someone named Illana who has a website devoted to the V Miniseries states that Ken Johnson contacted her via email and told her the new series will be a reimagining of the original series yet IMDB still lists the description as a continuation of the previous V series. I'm still sticking with IMDB since Illana's website isd just a fan site unless IMDB changes the description to reflect Illana's info.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Sadly, it looks like NBC is dead set on remaking the originals with an updated storyline to appeal to younger audiences before proceeding with any sequels. Still, I guess it's better than nothing and I hope something comes of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'll take it in any shape or form...

It was the first show I ever made sure to watch each night it was on...
Talk about a prelude to disclosure....
I thought we were being prepped (until they were reptiles...)

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
From Illana's site:

NEW - 04/25/05 - Heard from KEN JOHNSON!  "Hiya... Because I know you (and one or two others) care... Today I delivered to NBC the First Draft Screenplay for the four-hour remake of V.  Hold good thoughts. xxx Kenny."

Ken Johnson is the original creator of the V story.

Edit:

Ha Ha, these people are dopes, I hope they don't try to ruin the story, look at this:

NEW - 04/07/05 Heard from KEN JOHNSON!  I can't believe how DUMB NBC is!!!  "Hi...knew you'd appreciate this note I just got from NBC about the V remake: 

"Do the aliens really need to arrive in all those big spaceships?

Because it'll look like you ripped off Independence Day." xxx Kenny

How about try Independence Day stole it from V!!!!

[edit on 4/26/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hell, the producers of Independence Day even ripped off themselves in making that flick...as much of it (including the actors) were from an earlier comedy they made (Moron Martian Invaders or something).... V was definitely the one to have the motherships over big cities long before ID4....
Bad exec!

top topics

join