It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Ownership Increasing in Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Appears the citizens of Europe are starting to catch on that the police and government cannot protect them. Gun sales in Europe through the dark web are at 75 Billion a year! Estimated 100 million firearms in Europe.

Your catching up!

It should be interesting to see how the governments respond to an armed citizenry. I suspect they will try to imprison most of you who have the nerve to defend yourselves and your loved ones.

www.thenewamerican.com...

This has put the average citizen living in Great Britain and continental Europe in a desperate quandary: With highly restrictive gun laws and a growing sense that local police can’t protect them from such attacks, many are turning to themselves for safety. Despite strict gun laws often requiring a year of supervised training as well as psychological testing, the ownership and use of personal firearms is growing rapidly in Europe.

As the demand has grown, so has the supply, mostly through the “Deep Web,” also known as the “dark web,” the “invisible web,” or the “hidden web.” This is the part of the Internet that is off-limits to traditional search engines; where illicit trading takes place at such locations as the infamous drug bazaar Silk Road. According to the Rand Corporation, “Europe represents the largest market for arms trade on the dark web, generating revenues that are around five times higher than the U.S.” Since America’s gun industry generates in excess of $15 billion in annual sales, the dark web is responsible for upwards of $75 billion in firearms sales annually in Europe, as citizens increasingly look to themselves for their personal safety.

The flood of illicit (that is to say, non-government-approved) firearms is exploding, with Small Arms Survey estimating there are nearly a billion firearms held in private hands, with almost 100 million of them in Europe.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Europeans are likely gearing up for a real fight. Likely against the EU.
Most are blissfully unaware of the machinations below the surface of European society.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm not in a quandary....I don't want a gun.
I could get one illegally, but I don't want to because I don't need to.
Even the vast majority of criminals don't have or want one.

Things haven't got that bad yet.

Haven't been to eastern Europe for a while but I can imagine demand being on the increase in certain areas there.

I've had this conversation enough times to know that there's not much point in further discourse because you and most other US members won't believe my first hand testament.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I think the article is nonsense. According to the figures, 1 in 3 Europeans would have a firearm. I can only speak for Holland, but that is not the case. I doubt ordering a firearm on the Dark Web will successfully lead to a citizen possessing an illegal firearm here.

Scaremongering.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They should arm up they are low hanging fruit on every global wartime management template imaginable. Easy pickings AND SOOO MUCH HIDDEN WEALTH TO VANQUISH AND PILLAGE.....yup they should arm up ASAP.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

If you assume those firearms are owned at a 1:1 ratio.

If the US is any indication, that's probably not the case.

Also, why is it scaremongering?
edit on 10 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just wait for the crowd that says the US needs to be more like Europe,except in this case.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Considering they can't track most of the sales, Europeans better hope they're the ones buying the firearms off the dark web. Would be a little frightening if the majority of those are ending up in the hands of the Islamic refugees.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Appears the citizens of Europe are starting to catch on that the police and government cannot protect them. Gun sales in Europe through the dark web are at 75 Billion a year! Estimated 100 million firearms in Europe.

Your catching up!

It should be interesting to see how the governments respond to an armed citizenry. I suspect they will try to imprison most of you who have the nerve to defend yourselves and your loved ones.

www.thenewamerican.com...

This has put the average citizen living in Great Britain and continental Europe in a desperate quandary: With highly restrictive gun laws and a growing sense that local police can’t protect them from such attacks, many are turning to themselves for safety. Despite strict gun laws often requiring a year of supervised training as well as psychological testing, the ownership and use of personal firearms is growing rapidly in Europe.

As the demand has grown, so has the supply, mostly through the “Deep Web,” also known as the “dark web,” the “invisible web,” or the “hidden web.” This is the part of the Internet that is off-limits to traditional search engines; where illicit trading takes place at such locations as the infamous drug bazaar Silk Road. According to the Rand Corporation, “Europe represents the largest market for arms trade on the dark web, generating revenues that are around five times higher than the U.S.” Since America’s gun industry generates in excess of $15 billion in annual sales, the dark web is responsible for upwards of $75 billion in firearms sales annually in Europe, as citizens increasingly look to themselves for their personal safety.

The flood of illicit (that is to say, non-government-approved) firearms is exploding, with Small Arms Survey estimating there are nearly a billion firearms held in private hands, with almost 100 million of them in Europe.

Are native Europeans arming themselves thus risking severe penalties for owning an unregistered firearm?

Or are the millions of military aged fighting men that have recently "migrated" there arming themselves by way of the DarkWeb?

I'm going with the latter.

Europe imported a massive Muslim army into their midst and when the numbers are high enough and the system is overwhelmed enough the European Utopia that was built off the back of American military might (let the Yanks spend the money and have almost no military spending and put into social programs instead) is going to come crashing down to the most beautiful sound in the world as Obama described the Muslim Call to Prayer.

And frankly, as far as I'm concerned there should be no rescue coming from N.America this time.

You made your beds and you are going to have to lie in them.

The funniest thing about this (if it does play out this way) will be watching the staunch leftist defenders of Islam be put against the wall first.

Because for as much as you defend Islam, they hate you the most out of anyone in the West.
edit on 10-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I think the article is nonsense. According to the figures, 1 in 3 Europeans would have a firearm. I can only speak for Holland, but that is not the case. I doubt ordering a firearm on the Dark Web will successfully lead to a citizen possessing an illegal firearm here.

Scaremongering.

So clueless.

If as you say it's not Europeans buying these guns who do you think is? Someone is right?

Better hope it isn't the Muslims you've imported by the millions. It'll be like Yugoslavia but continent wide.

You better damn well hope its Europeans buying them.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
welp, if history tells us anything we don't want Europe to turn into a warzone because it usually affects everyone

and they are realllllllllly good at it, better than anyone actually

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

“You made your beds and you are going to have to lie in them.

The funniest thing about this (if it does play out this way) will be watching the staunch leftist defenders of Islam be put against the wall first.

Because for as much as you defend Islam, they hate you the most out of anyone in the West.”

This quote from you is MORE than 100% true!

Every single thing the left ‘claims’ to stand for is 100% diametrically opposed to islam. Muslims HATE liberalism.

That’s HATE with an “H”.

And the libs will 100% be the FIRST to be put to the knife.

And yet, they welcome this future with open arms.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Considering they can't track most of the sales, Europeans better hope they're the ones buying the firearms off the dark web. Would be a little frightening if the majority of those are ending up in the hands of the Islamic refugees.

The seeds of discontent are sewn.

But... islamic terrorists, even unknown ones, already have access to illegal weapons.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
There's lots of guns in Europe same in Australia, we just don't like to go round shooting each other like its a hobby....

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
When a number looks that wrong it usually is.

Article takes an estimate of dark web gun sales in Europe showing higher figure in Europe (possibly true as easier gun ownership in US would mean less dark web sales)

The applies this ratio to total size of US gun market (biggest in world) to come up with the ridiculous 75billion figure.

Sloppy research or deliberate misinformation?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Another poorly informed OP. I don't actually believe that the Dark Web generates $75 billion in gun sales to Europe, per year. That's excessive and made up for the ignorant who have no clue there's something called maths. For a start, gun manufactures would have massive profits, which if audited would be somewhat embarrassing.

In attempting to continually justify the stupid gun laws in America which directly contribute to huge annual loss of life, people make things up. This just demonstrates the ignorance of many Americans and creates a false reality. Even on ATS where the mantra is "deny ignorance" we have the gun debate overspilled with ignorance, primarily from the gun obsessed.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Another poorly informed OP. I don't actually believe that the Dark Web generates $75 billion in gun sales to Europe, per year. That's excessive and made up for the ignorant who have no clue there's something called maths. For a start, gun manufactures would have massive profits, which if audited would be somewhat embarrassing.

In attempting to continually justify the stupid gun laws in America which directly contribute to huge annual loss of life, people make things up. This just demonstrates the ignorance of many Americans and creates a false reality. Even on ATS where the mantra is "deny ignorance" we have the gun debate overspilled with ignorance, primarily from the gun obsessed.

What is pretty depressing is how many stars Ops like this get, and how many people try and use it to make a poorly thought out political point, without even remotely questioning the veracity of the claim.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

If you assume those firearms are owned at a 1:1 ratio.

If the US is any indication, that's probably not the case.

Also, why is it scaremongering?

Because the article suggests that the EU citizenry are scared and rushing to buy illegal guns. That is simply not the case. Again I can only speak for Holland. There is no Muslim onslaught, no lawlessness, no scared populous. If I were to phone the police and tell them I saw my neighbour with a gun, they WILL come just to make sure. In other words, the media is again, lying. Firearms require a license issued by the police and you must be a registered member of a gun club. Yes mistakes o happen but on the whole they're a peaceful bunch here.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is just not happening here.

I know plenty of average Brits and am one myself. You may rest assured that I know of no-one here that wants a gun, other than the idiots who come down to the country to their weekend homes to shoot pheasants* (FFS?!!!!) and clog up our local pub with their stupid shooting clothes and deafen the locals with their ridiculously loud braying at each other.

No one is in a quandary here.

It takes more than a few terrorists to put the wind up us, you know. Check out our history sometime.

We don't respond to scaremongering very well.

* And they probably run over more of these particularly brainless birds on the way down her in their Range Rovers than they manage to shoot.
edit on 11-1-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

And that is pretty much the process here in the US. You go to the gun store to purchase from a licensed gun dealer, who must meet extensive criteria to be licensed including a deep background check. The dealer must check with the ATF before they can sell a gun to a person, provided they even think the person is responsible enough to purchase the gun in the first place. That process can take 20 minutes or more. Which comes after filling out a questionnaire while the dealer observes looking for suspicious behavior. And at any time the dealer can decline the sale despite what the ATF says. As for the club part, well you become a legal gun owner, so that is sort of a club.

So now that you own a gun, what can you do? Most states are not open carry and the ones that are usually have laws against you carrying in such a way as may cause a public disturbance or panic such as openly displaying your gun in a holster on your hip. Many businesses and all government buildings are no go zones like bars, banks, post office so you are not bringing your gun there. And any business can display a no firearms sign to make it a no go zone as well. You can be arrested and lose your gun owning rights for violations.

Concealed carry requires not just permission but training and background checks in most of the states that allow it, several states do not, and unlike drivers license or marriage license not every state recognizes another state’s license. So while legally licensed to carry concealed and legal to do so in that particular state, you could break the law and lose your gun owning rights for violations.

Does the US have lots of shootings? Yep. Do a majority of those shooters violate the law and therefore lose gun owning rights? Yep, if they live. Can I make a person to person sell to you legally? No, because you are not a resident of Ohio. Are all states like that? No. I can buy person to person in Kentucky provided it is from a resident of Kentucky. Could two Ohioians cross the river into Kentucky to do a person to person sale? No. That would actually be transporting firearms across state lines to conduct an illegal transaction. And that is a federal crime. But 90 feet away back across that river, it was perfectly legal, unless the seller knows that the buyer could not legally own a gun. But if you don’t know, you don’t know.

Several states do not allow person to person transactions and every transfer must involve a FFL dealer who must do the federal background check. Buying guns online require the seller to transfer to an FFL dealer who must do the federal background check before handing over to the buyer. You can arrange for a person to person sale online.

The so called gun show loophole is person to person sales, which as I pointed out are legal. Interestingly enough, the gun buyback setups are probably highly illegal unless the buyer is an FFL holder and licensed to do business in that state. And if so, all those guns on the tables and bins are not being stored in a secure manner and probably lack the proper permits to conduct business outdoors. Personally, I would love to walk up on one and bust them, as a concerned citizen insuring that gun laws are properly followed of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join