It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump … claims he 'never said' Mexico would pay for the wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hes a politician what would you expect. Their big mouths wright checks when election time rolls around that their candy asses cant cash when they are elected. Remember that one guy that said "he would have the troops home in 12 months" and "I will close Getmo". they are all the same.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Vector99

oh yes little boy insult me, mhm so good

now call me some more names please...

link it, show it to me or stfu

I know your probably talking about his great plan which is so simple

that doesn't change the fact he said "Mexico wil pay for the wall" with which he meant "Mexico will pay for the wall"

...besides "it's so simple" his great idea, let me ask you expert on the issue, why ain't it happening?

What wait, hang on.. Are you saying he said Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

It's not like that
it was a metaphor, 4d bro, how could you not know that like are you stupid or something

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

link it, show it to me or stfu

Here ya go, wayback machine and all...

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Page from 2015

Let me know how crow tastes.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

yes I know that's the exact thing I linked with the fox news vid. Now tell me again how that changes anything about Trump saying "Mexico will pay for the wall"?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You: "Omg, Trump claims he never said Mexico would pay for the wall!"
Trump, in your own post: "I said they're going to pay for it. They are"

This is definitely one of the most desperate anti-Trump threads I've ever seen...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thank you for reinforcing what the sane people already know. The faux news educated rwnj’s are abjectly ignorant, mentally lazy, and just plain stupid.

www.cnbc.com...

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

edit on 11-1-2019 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

yes I know that's the exact thing I linked with the fox news vid. Now tell me again how that changes anything about Trump saying "Mexico will pay for the wall"?

That's HOW Mexico will pay for the wall, that is if leftist obstructionists and liberal activist judges that repeatedly get overturned would stop with the BS and let the president do his damn job.

I understand your buddy Obama set the standard of "paying" by using pallets of cash, but that's not actually a normal thing.

Think of it this way, a man is court ordered to pay a fine but flat out refused to pay it, so the government garnished his paycheck to pay his fine. Is that man paying his fine? That's the plan with Mexico, if they don't give the money for a wall it will be taken.

Thanks for reminding me why I rarely visit ATS anymore, the willful ignorance of some people here is just flat out childish and annoying, see ya.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm just going to leave this here.

www.washingtonpost.com...

In a two-page memo to The Washington Post, Trump outlined for the first time how he would seek to force Mexico to pay for his 1,000-mile border fence, which Trump has made a cornerstone of his presidential campaign and which has been repeatedly scoffed at by current and former Mexican leaders.

After reading this... I'm not sure why Trump didn't just quietly stop money transfers of any kind to Mexico Or cancel all visas. He could of gotten his way with less of a battle.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

right "Obama" because I disagree with you. Grow up

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

One of many contradictions he's made. He should at least take responsibility for what comes out of his mouth!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I hope Trump does declare a national emergency then the workers can get paid.

I personally, though despise the idiot Trump, don’t give a damn about his wall.
He had a deal last year for his f____ wall to get the DACA people in and he reneged. Trump is an absolute damn fool.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: one4all

That is a very good point, Mexico will be losing lots of money coming into their country many times illegally. They will have to support their own people. Our country will actually probably save enough from lowering of illegals benefits to pay the wall off within twenty years. It makes perfect sense. A lot of medical stuff is done to Mexicans who come across the border in some border cities, the hospitals cannot turn away the mexicans that are in need of healthcare and that expense is passed on to the citizens of the US either by direct taxation or by raising health care contributions from insurance companies because of rates of reimbursement established by our government in regards to the insurance providers. Another words, part of my health insurance costs pays for illegals who sneak in and use the services, if the wall is built, Mexico will have lots more costs while our insurances will go down. Remember, the hospital cannot refuse emergency room service, so these people use emergency rooms a lot and do not need to pay.

I have some inside information on this happening from someone who worked down at a hospital in Arizona. A lot of it happens in some places.

I would consider it to be Domestic Terrorism if a person or group with other paralell nefarious connections was found to be contrbuting money or influence to intentionally keep said borders open by stopping the Wall and BLEEDING THE USA so as to undermine the intentions of an incumbant President who is trying to represent 350,000,000 people....this particular machined artificial and MANAGED fiscal drain on the United States of America is a critical core value leg of a twelve legged Monster the Global Cabal that We the People of the World are now fighting togeher....the Mexican Freedom Wall will return TO THE MEXICAN PEOPLE the beauty stablity integrity pride confidence and ultimately STRENGTH of the Mexican Culture...this provides the World with a healthy happy helping partner.

I am most curious to see how the Mexican People will handle the hundreds of thousands of Gangsters they will soon have ABSOLUTELY CORRALLED within their National borders for the first time in their History....lol...lol...methinks they are gong to carry a big stick....they might be like Born-Again Olde School Christians who do not spare the Rod......lol...they have a lot of venting to do …. they are going to rally together because they are by and large a very religious calm natured culture....their faith will bring them together and bond them into a one-minded focused group....its a bad time to be a criminal in Mexico....a really good time if you are a boomer or someone from around the world who would love to retire in Mexico and be a part of a group that can easily contribute billions of dollars to the Mexican economy yearly......the Mexican Freedom Wall is the first step towards a UNITED NORTH AMERICA.....USA-Canada-Mexico....no borders...collective co-operatve Continental Management that will allow a fair and extremely POWERFUL Global Business climate to be grown and nurtured.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
All part of the mental gymnastics Trump supporters do every day.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This one is for the HOAX bin, right?
Just watched the press conference - he actually said he never meant they would write a cheque, but confirmed he said 'a thousand times' that Mexico would pay for the wall.

This thread is just another of the OPs fanatical distortions of reality. Pure hoax.

If Mexico is paying for the wall why is he begging Congress for money??

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PainfulTruth

Eh?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

After reading this... I'm not sure why Trump didn't just quietly stop money transfers of any kind to Mexico Or cancel all visas. He could of gotten his way with less of a battle.

Because he's not the 4D Chess Grandmaster everyone thinks he is. He's playing Naughts and Crosses/Tic-tac-toe while everyone else is playing Chess...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Transc ripts of Trump's calls with Mexican, Australian leaders reveal president worried about the politics of immigration

During the call with Peña Nieto, held just a week after Trump took office, the new president told the Mexican leader to stop saying Mexico would never pay for the wall.

The wall had been a signature issue for the Trump campaign which insisted that Mexico would pay for it.
"If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I can't live with that," he said. 

Peña Nieto resisted, saying that Trump’s repeated threats had placed “a very big mark on our back, Mr. President.” He warned that "my position has been and will continue to be very firm, saying that Mexico cannot pay for the wall."

You have some pretty tough hombres in Mexico that you may need help with, and we are willing to help you with that big-league. But they have to be knocked out and you have not done a good job of knocking them out.

But the fact is we are both in a little bit of a political bind because I have to have Mexico pay for the wall — I have to. 

Happy 22nd !

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Trump voters/supporters as well as many folks who didn't vote for him understand this.

Why don't you and the MSM?

Perhaps because Trump is a liar that lies so often he believes his own lies and his supporters are morons that believe anything the orange man CURRENTLY claims is the truth, regardless of what he said 10 minutes ago:

Our border is being breached daily by criminals. We must build a wall & deduct costs from Mexican foreign aid!

twitter

Or the time he said He would compel Mexico to make a one time payment of 5-10 billion dollars:

It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5- 10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:

From Donald Trumps Website

Yep, that’s correct this is from his own website. In addition to the declaration that Mexico will make a one time 5-10 billion dollar payment is the outline of how he intends to make Mexico pay for the wall.

Speaking of his site, the following excerpt comes from his site during the campaign:

Make Mexico Pay For The Wall

For many years, Mexico’s leaders have been taking advantage of the United States by using illegal immigration to export the crime and poverty in their own country (as well as in other Latin American countries). They have even published pamphlets on how to illegally immigrate to the United States. The costs for the United States have been extraordinary: U.S. taxpayers have been asked to pick up hundreds of billions in healthcare costs, housing costs, education costs, welfare costs, etc. Indeed, the annual cost of free tax credits alone paid to illegal immigrants quadrupled to $4.2 billion in 2011. The effects on jobseekers have also been disastrous, and black Americans have been particularly harmed.

The impact in terms of crime has been tragic. In recent weeks, the headlines have been covered with cases of criminals who crossed our border illegally only to go on to commit horrific crimes against Americans. Most recently, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, with a long arrest record, is charged with breaking into a 64 year-old women’s home, crushing her skull and eye sockets with a hammer, raping her, and murdering her. The Police Chief in Santa Maria says the “blood trail” leads straight to Washington.

In 2011, the Government Accountability Office found that there were a shocking 3 million arrests attached to the incarcerated alien population, including tens of thousands of violent beatings, rapes and murders.

Meanwhile, Mexico continues to make billions on not only our bad trade deals but also relies heavily on the billions of dollars in remittances sent from illegal immigrants in the United States back to Mexico ($22 billion in 2013 alone).

In short, the Mexican government has taken the United States to the cleaners. They are responsible for this problem, and they must help pay to clean it up.

The cost of building a permanent border wall pales mightily in comparison to what American taxpayers spend every single year on dealing with the fallout of illegal immigration on their communities, schools and unemployment offices.

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

www.donaldjtrump.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">WayBackMachine DonaldTrump.com

Plus he has said all of this would be super easy as well:

Video Link

This is just a small sampling of the numerous times Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall. His supporters will believe anything he says so you really can’t listen to them on this topic because to them everything I just posted never really happened. Why didn’t it happen? Because Trump tells them how to think and they are good little dogs.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ummm, did YOU think Mexico was actually going to cut a check made out to, "The Wall" and give it to Trump?

Trump did......

Document from Trumps site on how to make Mexico pay for the wall

an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5- 10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:

And then he explains exactly how he plans to get Mexico to write that check.....

Stupid gullible Trump supporters.
edit on 12-1-2019 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Trump clarifies his position, which he’s had since his campaign, and the opposition still can’t handle it.

Actually I don't think they have any problem watching trump back down from his lies.

"clarifies his position"

He hasn’t changed his stance since his campaign. It’s just that your guys’ understanding of it alters with the news cycle, which is no surprise.

Here’s an article from April 2016 about how Trump is going to get Mexico to pay for the wall. Anything about Mexico paying for it directly?

WaPo

Here’s his campaign immigration plan. Anything about getting Mexico to directly pay for the wall?

assets.donaldjtrump.com...

Nope. One way or the other, directly or indirectly, Mexico will pay for the wall. That was the plan since the beginning.

Why yes, here he says he plans to get Mexico to cut a one time payment of 5-10 billion dollars:

link

Poor poor trumpets

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join