It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump … claims he 'never said' Mexico would pay for the wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
From 2 years ago, immediately after the inauguration... my own damn words.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We eliminate NAFTA and build the wall and the savings on eliminating all of those illegals from America's social spending programs combined with the tariffs on Mexican imports and return of many jobs to the US from Mexico will pay for that wall... Who presently benefits from that social spending and those jobs? Mexico does, obviously. The $100 Billion+ annual tax payer expense to feed, educate, incarcerate, and medically care for all of those illegal aliens is $100 Billion+ Mexico doesn't have to spend on their escapees and the $64 Billion annual US losses thanks to NAFTA are presently $64 Billion additional dollars into Mexico's economy.

It looks like some of us, myself included, were smart enough to understand what the president was saying when he said "Mexico will pay for the Wall." Sorry some of you on the left were too slow to keep up... but that's not exactly a "we" problem as much as it is a "you" problem, so...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

One phrase out of how many possible pray tell?

We could make a drinking game out of it there are so many..

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Presumably if immigration requires screening at a checkpoint, Mexican criminals will be turned back to be cared for by their own Mexican economy/prison system rather than the US emergency care services/prison. A recent report claimed over half of the emergency care patients in New York city were undocumented aliens.

If we screen Mexico's most productive citizens for legal entry into the US that would increase the financial burden on Mexico, they will pay dearly..

International human rights groups can force Mexico to provide better care for those people if that becomes an issue.
edit on 10-1-2019 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: Vector99

Note that they’re pretending that when he said “I never said”, the media mistakenly thought he was talking about “Make Mexico pay for the wall”, and not the actual statement he was referring to. The media’s base is getting duped.

It's like watching slow-motion stupidity.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This thread shows how influential President Trump is. When people know there's nothing they can do to prevent the Wall from being built, they go the irrational route. What Fun!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

One phrase out of how many possible pray tell?

We could make a drinking game out of it there are so many..

Good to know.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ok...this is going to be difficult....but it has to be done ok....it was predetermined...listen up....the FAKE NEWS tried to spindoctor Trumps contextual meaning...the President is a futurist who thinks progressively and was in a discussion enveloped by this contextual climate...your President and one of the Worlds most important Leaders and Managers was giving you some insights the MSM TWISTED ON PURPOSE.....Mexico WILL PAY FOR EVERY SINGLE CENT OF THAT WALL.....simply because the average American has been so INTENTIONALLY disconnected by previous Administrations and Presidents that they don't realise HOW MANY HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS the un-enforced Mexican border has cost America....people from ALL OVER THE WORLD have simply been coming to Mexico then walking or bussing or cabbing or renting a car and driving into the US for the sole purpose of using the infrastructure illegally....the money saved in ONE SINGAL YEAR OF ENFORCED BORDER CONTROLS and the Mexican Freedom Wall will have paid for itself...ONE SINGLE YEAR....your President meant that the money saved by the US because MEXICO WILL HAVE TO SOON COUGH UP THE BILLIONS BEING BLED FROM AMERICA THEMSELVES....lol...lol...lol...its poetry ….verbal poetry....insightful and full of information and content...MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL.....just like he said they would....and believe me NO ONE WILL SPIN-DOCTOR THIS AWAY....your President was and is 110% correct.....carry on now.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm not convinced a lot of you aren't trolling us by saying 'Trump never meant they'd pay for the wall.'

In the memo, Trump said he would threaten to change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to cut off a portion of the funds sent to Mexico through money transfers, commonly known as remittances. The threat would be withdrawn if Mexico made “a one-time payment of $5-10 billion” to pay for the border wall, he wrote.

“It’s an easy decision for Mexico,” Trump said in the memo, on campaign stationery emblazoned with “TRUMP Make America Great Again!”

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Did you even read what you posted?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Anyone with a brain knew that Mexico wasn't going to directly pay for the wall. I figured that Trump was going to make some sort of a tax on Mexican goods or something to pay for it. Actually the consumer pays that tax anyway, but it might negatively effect business competitive pricing so maybe more jobs would stay here in America because of it or the businesses there would reduce profit margins.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Your headline is a lie...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Anyone with a brain knew that Mexico wasn't going to directly pay for the wall. I figured that Trump was going to make some sort of a tax on Mexican goods or something to pay for it. Actually the consumer pays that tax anyway, but it might negatively effect business competitive pricing so maybe more jobs would stay here in America because of it or the businesses there would reduce profit margins.

Mexico is directly paying for the wall because the money that was being spent by the USA to maintain their people but Is going to be stopped by the Freedom Wall will now be spent DIRECTLY BY MEXICO ON THEM...not by the USA.....the bleeding of America would have continued unabated so on a global perspective level stopping the bleeding is an immediate savings so profound as to pay for the Freedom Wall in one year...and redirecting the bill back to Mexico so the American money saved can help save America....is MAKING MEXICO PAY FOR THE WALL BY DEFAULT....it is undeniable and YES Mexico is being FORCED TO DO IT BY PROXY of the immediate fiscal savings impacts it carries.

The Drug and Gun and HUman Trafficing trade is OVER...the domestic terrorism and the murders and the overt theft is OVER....the Freedom Wall is the CHOKEPOINT....and the people of the World will be SHOCKED AND AWED when they see what the Mexican Government will do to the criminal gangs that have destroyed their very culture...the Mexican people are a good religious people and they will carry a big stick....and just wait till they ask the USA for help.....lol....once these GLOBALLY RECOGNISED GANGS are cornered they will be picked off like fish in a barrel.....American and of course Canadian Special Forces on the request of the Mexican Government will clean house in months.Wait till you see how quickly things change when JTF# drops in for a visit....LMAO.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Haha. Mexico's president sure thought he meant literally "pay for the wall". Everybody thought so.
Now he turns around and says he didn't mean what he says and his followers all immediately respond with "of course he never meant that..." I thought this thread would be funny but it's actually just painful to read.

Wtf?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That is a very good point, Mexico will be losing lots of money coming into their country many times illegally. They will have to support their own people. Our country will actually probably save enough from lowering of illegals benefits to pay the wall off within twenty years. It makes perfect sense. A lot of medical stuff is done to Mexicans who come across the border in some border cities, the hospitals cannot turn away the mexicans that are in need of healthcare and that expense is passed on to the citizens of the US either by direct taxation or by raising health care contributions from insurance companies because of rates of reimbursement established by our government in regards to the insurance providers. Another words, part of my health insurance costs pays for illegals who sneak in and use the services, if the wall is built, Mexico will have lots more costs while our insurances will go down. Remember, the hospital cannot refuse emergency room service, so these people use emergency rooms a lot and do not need to pay.

I have some inside information on this happening from someone who worked down at a hospital in Arizona. A lot of it happens in some places.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The conversation happening in this thread should be a parody on SNL

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For those that claim here that Mexico is paying for the wall through Tariffs shows a pitiful understanding on their part.

Tariffs are taxes and the ones who are paying them are the buyers not the sending country. Those taxes eventually filter down to consumers which is you and me.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Haha. Mexico's president sure thought he meant literally "pay for the wall". Everybody thought so.
Now he turns around and says he didn't mean what he says and his followers all immediately respond with "of course he never meant that..." I thought this thread would be funny but it's actually just painful to read.

Wtf?

Are you really that dense and ignorant? He had a freaking website spelling out how Mexico would pay for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

oh yes little boy insult me, mhm so good

now call me some more names please...

link it, show it to me or stfu
edit on 11-1-2019 by Peeple because: add

I know your probably talking about his great plan which is so simple

that doesn't change the fact he said "Mexico wil pay for the wall" with which he meant "Mexico will pay for the wall"

...besides "it's so simple" his great idea, let me ask you expert on the issue, why ain't it happening?
edit on 11-1-2019 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Who would vote for an IQ test before being allowed to register here?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join