It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump … claims he 'never said' Mexico would pay for the wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You guys are right. Trump never ever ever said that Mexico was gonna pay for the wall. Neither did he imply Mexico was gonna pay for it. You know what. He never ever ever mentioned Mexico at all in any tweet. This is just more MSM lies, fabrications and conspiracies.

Ignore the below tweets.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This one is for the HOAX bin, right?
Just watched the press conference - he actually said he never meant they would write a cheque, but confirmed he said 'a thousand times' that Mexico would pay for the wall.

This thread is just another of the OPs fanatical distortions of reality. Pure hoax.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Don;t be just another uninformed fool. Watch the video.
The tweets you posted were just reiterated in the video.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

A WALL Itself would Eventually SAVE , and Bring into Our Coffers Hundreds of Billions of Dollars in a Very Short Amount of Time in Stopping Illegal Immigration , Human Trafficking , and Crime . It would be Absurd Not to Think Mexico , and the U.S. too would come out Very Well Financially if the Wall was Built .

P.S.

The Cost of a Complete Border Wall would be Recouped within a Year ......Maybe ...
edit on 10-1-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Trump clarifies his position, which he’s had since his campaign, and the opposition still can’t handle it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Trump - 2+2 = 4

Democrat " Leadership " - 2+2 = 5

Dysfunctionalities within their Party Must be Corrected . The American People as a Whole DEMAND IT . A Battle of " WILLS " that Will Determine this Countries Future in Possible Very Negative ways if Not Addressed ASAP............(

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Oh I'm sorry. It must be my libtarditis kicking in.

Of course since I don't understand Trump like you do. His words are very confusing.

Though I'm starting to get an understanding. So When Trump says something. He is obviously is speaking metaphorically?

Or is it when he says "Mexico is paying for the wall", he actually meant America is paying for the wall?

Please help me get through this. I would really like to understand what Trump is saying.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Trump clarifies his position, which he’s had since his campaign, and the opposition still can’t handle it.

Actually I don't think they have any problem watching trump back down from his lies.

"clarifies his position"

edit on 10-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The Orange man is a laughing stock through out the World!

Search Google Images and type Idiot ... a ha hah aha

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Do you honestly think that President Trump supporters are such simpletons? We knew and know that there are many ways to be reimbursed. I think you underestimate the competition.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Actually I don't think they have any problem watching trump back down from his lies.

"clarifies his position"

He hasn’t changed his stance since his campaign. It’s just that your guys’ understanding of it alters with the news cycle, which is no surprise.

Here’s an article from April 2016 about how Trump is going to get Mexico to pay for the wall. Anything about Mexico paying for it directly?

WaPo

Here’s his campaign immigration plan. Anything about getting Mexico to directly pay for the wall?

assets.donaldjtrump.com...

Nope. One way or the other, directly or indirectly, Mexico will pay for the wall. That was the plan since the beginning.
edit on 10-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ummm, did YOU think Mexico was actually going to cut a check made out to, "The Wall" and give it to Trump?

I knew somebody would say this.
Lets go to Fox news

Fox News’ Neil Cavuto Busts Trump for ‘Constantly’ Saying Mexico Would Pay for the Wall

That is not exactly what you said in the past,” Cavuto replied, cutting
to a montage of Trump promising to have Mexico, quite literally, “pay for the wall.” Sometimes, Trump would even ask his crowd who was going to pay for the wall and they knew to shout back, “Mexico!”
“It was very consistent throughout the campaign, whatever you make of it, and of course it lit up his base by saying the Mexicans were going to foot the bill for this,” Cavuto said. “He was very, very clear, consistently—in fact, constantly—saying that the Mexicans were going to pay for this.”
www.thedailybeast.com...

I keep telling you good folks. I know con men and their routines; Trump is a con man.
I can tell by his methods because I've known con men very well and have seen them in operation. Trump is a classic conman and many of the people who support him he looks on as marks.

A mark in conman nomenclature is the one he cons and bamboozles, the one he tricks.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I guess trump should just cut aid to Mexico to pay for the wall.
Or Mexico could write a check.....lol

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
You guys are right. Trump never ever ever said that Mexico was gonna pay for the wall. Neither did he imply Mexico was gonna pay for it. You know what. He never ever ever mentioned Mexico at all in any tweet. This is just more MSM lies, fabrications and conspiracies.

Ignore the below tweets.

Honestly at this point i'm pretty sure it's a strong case of sunk cost fallacy and escalation of commitment.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Useless nutjobs in the MSM and Dim party leaders probably don't understand this either: "Consumers pay your salaries"

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sad really sad to see people try and pretend now that Trump didn't say Mexico was going to pay for the wall, and the justification used is that the terminology of saying cutting a cheque . You understand that's a phrase to describe payment right..

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI
And whos gonna pay for that wall..... MEXICO !!!!

You do realize Mexico sending us a check isn't the only way to make them pay for it, right?

Oh who the hell am I kidding, you actually thought Trump meant Mexico would be paying us cash to build a wall. Believing that is about the dumbest thing ever, and Trump supporters knew that. It was PLASTERED on his website the methods that would be used to pay for the wall, and nowhere did it mention Mexico giving us money, but the genius liberal left thought he actually meant getting a literal check from Mexico.

Talk about ridiculous...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

One phrase out of how many possible pray tell?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You can piss in the wind all you want but it only blows back in your face.
You were conned for 8 years by Obama.
And we saved you from being conned by Hillary, you will thank us when the Wall is built.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Note that they’re pretending that when he said “I never said”, the media mistakenly thought he was talking about “Make Mexico pay for the wall”, and not the actual statement he was referring to. The media’s base is getting duped.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join