It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Jim Acosta mocked for accidentally proving that border walls work

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Alien Abduct

It was an internet hoax dude.

snopes.com

Edit...

Here is a logic question for you. If we removed the wall of a prison and left the guards as they are, do you think the prison would be more secure, less secure or no change?

It would be logistically impossible to build 2000 miles of a prison wall type structure and then have it constantly physically monitored, like they do in prisons... So your question is irrelevant.

Is that right....
Here's a section of Turkeys newly completed wall, which has watch towers along it and also is being fitted with surveillance measures and sensors.

You best go and tell them what they did is impossible - their wall is 900km. Is it impossible at some point past 900km then????
Democrats and Republicans voted to give Turkey aid for infrastructure projects too.

edit on 12/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, that looks like a very impressive wall... It still doesn't even come close to being anywhere near as secure as a max security prison though, does it?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

It was an internet hoax dude.

snopes.com

Edit...

Here is a logic question for you. If we removed the wall of a prison and left the guards as they are, do you think the prison would be more secure, less secure or no change?

It would be logistically impossible to build 2000 miles of a prison wall type structure and then have it constantly physically monitored, like they do in prisons... So your question is irrelevant.

So you dont want to answer the question. Cool.

I literally went of my way to edit my original post to answer your question, just for your benefit. Even though it was kind of a ridiculous question, which didn't really deserve a response.

Your welcome.

Saying the question irrelevant doesnt answer the question.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Yes, that looks like a very impressive wall... It still doesn't even come close to being anywhere near as secure as a max security prison though, does it?

The question is to show you in simple terms the point of a wall, period.

A wall is just one part of a multifaceted security system.

The point I was making was that with a multifaceted security system If you remove a major part of the system it could hender the effectiveness of the system and also if you add additional security measures to the system then it will strengthen the system.

To people with an IQ over 70 this is common sense. You people are making yourselves look very foolish in your attempt to make an argument that a wall would be ineffective.

You might as well say wheels wouldn't help a car move down the road.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

You people are making yourselves look very foolish in your attempt to make an argument that a wall would be ineffective.

Speaking of foolish... How a about claiming Mexico has a southern border wall, because of some fake news meme that was being passed around on facebook?

Anyway, I personally think the particular "wall" Trump's proposing would be ineffective, nothing "foolish" about it... I could climb it with nothing but a rope in like 20 seconds. I suppose it could potentially prevent a few old ladies from crossing, but it'll be no real deterrent to drug smugglers and most illegal immigrants.

More to the point though, at this stage the whole debate about whether the wall would be effective or not, is kind of meaningless... Since it doesn't look like the Dems are going to budge on the issue, there's simply no political benefit for them to give Trump his wall. It Trumps shutdown not there's.

I gotta say, for such a self proclaimed master 4d chess playing deal maker, Trumps really backed himself into a corner here... Seems like he's got two choices, either admit defeat, or declare a national emergency.

Though, it seems to me declaring a nation emergency would create a whole lot of political backlash for Trump, otherwise he would have done it already... More like an all in bluff, with nothing but a pair of twos, rather than a full house up his sleeve.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Speaking of foolish... How a about claiming Mexico has a southern border wall, because of some fake news meme that was being passed around on facebook?

Southern Mexico does have border wall and I didn't post any memes. I did perhaps exaggerate when I said Mexico had guard houses on the wall but everything else is true. They have a wall and there is border guards.

Anyway, I personally think the particular "wall" Trump's proposing would be ineffective, nothing "foolish" about it... I could climb it with nothing but a rope in like 20 seconds. I suppose it could potentially prevent a few old ladies from crossing, but it'll be no real deterrent to drug smugglers and most illegal immigrants.

How would a rope help you to bypass the motion detection cameras? Ground vibration sensors? Drones? Nations for eons have been building walls and not a peep about their ineffectiveness, suddenly today they are ineffective? Did they just invent the ladder and rope last year?

More to the point though, at this stage the whole debate about whether the wall would be effective or not, is kind of meaningless... Since it doesn't look like the Dems are going to budge on the issue, there's simply no political benefit for them to give Trump his wall. It Trumps shutdown not there's.

So you admit that the reason the Dems don't want to budge on the wall is politically motivated, thanks.

I gotta say, for such a self proclaimed master 4d chess playing deal maker, Trumps really backed himself into a corner here... Seems like he's got two choices, either admit defeat, or declare a national emergency.

I say go for it.

Though, it seems to me declaring a nation emergency would create a whole lot of political backlash for Trump, otherwise he would have done it already... More like an all in bluff, with nothing but a pair of twos, rather than a full house up his sleeve.

Again, you think Trump should not build the wall for political reasons. I see exactly where you are coming from now, you think this is just a little political game. Well you are wrong.

I think you are going to find out that there is no bluff. There is a growing humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border. I say he should and will go for it.

The illegal aliens don't just affect those near or at the border.

How does allowing illegals into or remain in this country help the citizens of this country?

Do you believe in higher wages or even fair wages for working citizens in the United States?

The flooding of illegal aliens in this country has had a devastating effect on the wages of the working class in the United States. The illegal aliens don't just work the menial jobs that the citizens don't want. They have made their way into the skilled labor trades such as carpentry, plumbing, electrician etc. Jobs like these that should be paying $35/hr in some cases are paying maybe $14/hr for example.

The flood of illegals in the United States hurt the poorer citizens the most. Do you know what happens when there is a labor shortage? Wages go up. So guess what happens when there is a flood of cheap labor? Hint: wages go down.

It's sad so many people like you cannot see the forest for the trees because you are blinded by your political bias.

Many of these illegals come from countries that have been countries longer than the United States. Ask yourself, why is it that the United States is doing better? (culture) Why is it that they need to come here to have a better life? (culture) Why can't they make it better in their own country? (culture) It's something fundamental that they need to change about their culture and their society. This is a problem that the United States cannot solve by just allowing the distraught people from those chaotic countries to abandon their problem country and bring their problems here.

The people of the United States bled for the ending of slavery, bled for civil rights, bled for our constitution, bled for workers rights, bled for a free Republic, fought to end and keep out corruption in the government, fought for labor unions, fought the war on drugs and gangs and violence and crime and we continue our fights and our struggles.

Those people need to learn how to fight to make it better in their own country, like we do. The United States cannot just be some sort of destination for the violent, corrupt, lazy, chaotic , uneducated, unorganized, breeding grounds of people that they call countries.

So many of you democrats say we should stop policing the world and stay out of everyone's business. Well we can stay out of their business by them staying the hell out of our country!

Again, how does allowing illegals into or remain in this country help the citizens of this country when all it does is bring down the pay rates for and take jobs away from American citizens and bring in violent crimes and drugs?

I think you need to get your head out of your ass and realize that there is a real problem here and it's not going to go away by just ignoring it. If building a wall only helped by 20% then it helps! The argument that taking action and implementing measures to solve a big problem doesn't help the problem is absurd. You'll probably skip answering every question in this post but if you answer only one, just answer this one.... What is your solution to stop illegals from coming into this country?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

... What is your solution to stop illegals from coming into this country?

You surely realise by now that all the bluster, arguments and outrage is but a cover for a very simple fact. There are people who don't WANT to stop illegal immigrants. This goes all the way back to 1965 where a clear strategy was put in motion to shift the electorate towards Democrats.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You surely realise by now that all the bluster, arguments and outrage is but a cover for a very simple fact. There are people who don't WANT to stop illegal immigrants. This goes all the way back to 1965 where a clear strategy was put in motion to shift the electorate towards Democrats.

You are absolutely correct. That is the very reason why I proposed the question to him. Their level of ignorance astounds me.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Southern Mexico does have border wall and I didn't post any memes. I did perhaps exaggerate when I said Mexico had guard houses on the wall but everything else is true. They have a wall and there is border guards.

They have a few miles of 'fences' in highly populated areas. But they don't have border 'fences' in the less populated areas and there's a very good reason for that... It'd be completely ineffective and doesn't make any sense.

How would a rope help you to bypass the motion detection cameras? Ground vibration sensors? Drones? Nations for eons have been building walls and not a peep about their ineffectiveness, suddenly today they are ineffective? Did they just invent the ladder and rope last year?

Are motion detectors, ground vibration sensors and drones what Trump's proposing?

Has that astronomical cost been included into the 5.6 billion dollar budget he's demanding to build he's great border wall?

Fact of the matter is, it'd be a huge waste of money to even bother building thousands of kms of a border wall, let alone including these security features into most sections of it.

Some of these areas are extremely isolated. Chances are border agents would still be hours away, even if they had the ability to detect a breach... which would essentially render the wall and any security features completely useless.

And yes, the experts agree.

ON the campaign trail Donald Trump said he was going to get Mexico to pay for a wall along the border if elected as president. When the current president of Mexico said it would never happen, Trump infamously responded by saying “the wall just got 10 feet taller”.

Well, now the Israel-based security company responsible for the intrusion detection technology at the barrier between Israel and the Gaza strip has offered to help Trump with his plan.

While currently competing for the contract to build a wall on Kenya’s border with Somalia, Magal Security Systems chief executive Saar Koursh said he would love to secure the US border.

But...

However, Magal Security Systems communications spokesman Hagai Katz claimed building a physical wall along every section of the border wouldn’t make a difference, as that method is only effective in populated areas.

“If you’re in an open spaces, which is more like a desert in a way, not a lot of vegetation, and no nearby cities, then you know putting a fence for thousands of kilometres or miles it just doesn’t make sense,” he toldThe Intercept.

Source

So you admit that the reason the Dems don't want to budge on the wall is politically motivated, thanks.

Yeah, the only reason the Dems aren't compromising by offering to at least fund some hi tech security features around the more populated sections of the border, is purely politically motivated.

But can you admit that the only reason Trump wants thousand of miles of a border wall, which will in reality be completely useless in most sections, is purely politically motivated?

Do you believe in higher wages or even fair wages for working citizens in the United States?

Most definitely...

But building hundreds to thousands of miles of a border wall though basically desert regions, will do nothing to solve that issue.

If Trump actually cared about that, then he'd be talking about cracking down on the Americans who are actually hiring these illegals... That's where the real issue is.

It's like, if you come home to find your house has been flooded, you don't just get the mope and start cleaning do you, as if that'll solve the problem?

Of course not! Firstly, you have to go find & fix the source of what caused the flood in the first place.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

They have a few miles of 'fences' in highly populated areas. But they don't have border 'fences' in the less populated areas and there's a very good reason for that... It'd be completely ineffective and doesn't make any sense.

Are motion detectors, ground vibration sensors and drones what Trump's proposing?

Has that astronomical cost been included into the 5.6 billion dollar budget he's demanding to build he's great border wall?

Fact of the matter is, it'd be a huge waste of money to even bother building thousands of kms of a border wall, let alone including these security features into most sections of it.

Some of these areas are extremely isolated. Chances are border agents would still be hours away, even if they had the ability to detect a breach... which would essentially render the wall and any security features completely useless.

And yes, the experts agree.

ON the campaign trail Donald Trump said he was going to get Mexico to pay for a wall along the border if elected as president. When the current president of Mexico said it would never happen, Trump infamously responded by saying “the wall just got 10 feet taller”.

Well, now the Israel-based security company responsible for the intrusion detection technology at the barrier between Israel and the Gaza strip has offered to help Trump with his plan.

While currently competing for the contract to build a wall on Kenya’s border with Somalia, Magal Security Systems chief executive Saar Koursh said he would love to secure the US border.

But...

However, Magal Security Systems communications spokesman Hagai Katz claimed building a physical wall along every section of the border wouldn’t make a difference, as that method is only effective in populated areas.

“If you’re in an open spaces, which is more like a desert in a way, not a lot of vegetation, and no nearby cities, then you know putting a fence for thousands of kilometres or miles it just doesn’t make sense,” he toldThe Intercept.

Source

Yeah, the only reason the Dems aren't compromising by offering to at least fund some hi tech security features around the more populated sections of the border, is purely politically motivated.

But can you admit that the only reason Trump wants thousand of miles of a border wall, which will in reality be completely useless in most sections, is purely politically motivated?

Most definitely...

But building hundreds to thousands of miles of a border wall though basically desert regions, will do nothing to solve that issue.

If Trump actually cared about that, then he'd be talking about cracking down on the Americans who are actually hiring these illegals... That's where the real issue is.

It's like, if you come home to find your house has been flooded, you don't just get the mope and start cleaning do you, as if that'll solve the problem?

Of course not! Firstly, you have to go find & fix the source of what caused the flood in the first place.

Why is an Australian concerned about what we do with our money? Secondly, so you're confirming that Mexico does have barriers, fences walls, whatever you wanna call them on its southern border?

And it is only politically motivated. They gave Obama way more than $5 billion for fences and security.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Jim Acosta simply proved what most of us already knew, that he is not very bright. He proved to us that he doesn't understand the meaning of White House "Briefing" Room, instead believing it meant Debate Room. Who even watches that Creative News Network channel anyway?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The great Trump Wall ! Historians will have a great story to tell.

Finnish Russian border is so easy to pass, nothing will stop, but nobody will do it, because Russia when they find someone, will give hard lesson, quite the same with Finnish officials. Animals are treated better, they are crossing freely, for example wild dogs, foxes, bears, dears and wolves. But during the war time when my Finnish family lived near the border, the Russians came suddenly over and shot my grandparents, some aunts and uncles as well.

Now let Trump build it, makes more easy to control who will try in. He can then take the right people in, who know how to make America great again. And it would also be a great monument of his efforts to protect America, and fulfill his promises, besides getting the second term. In the future when all people in any country are taken care, and the wars are finished, then we can take all the walls down and be one human society with ETs too.

I hope all the best for the TRUMP WALL !

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Libertarian crypto-fascist think tank The Cato Institute—which advocates open borders—has always been strongly opposed to Trump's border wall policy. They've produced three simple charts that demolish common claims about the alleged need for the wall:

The Institute's articles on this subject are worth reading.

'Trump Just Doesn’t Understand the Border: Here Are the Facts.'

'Why the Wall Won’t Work.'

'Trump's Wall Will Not Stop Terrorism.'

'The Cost of the Border Wall Keeps Climbing and It’s Becoming Less of a Wall.'

'New Cato Report: A Border Wall Won’t Stop Drug Smuggling—Marijuana Legalization Has.'

'A Wall Is an Impractical, Expensive, and Ineffective Border Plan.'

I'm not a libertarian, and unlike them I don't support open borders, but the CI is absolutely nailing it with their critique of the wall.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

And look there, he didn't answer it. Shocking.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join