It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN’s Jim Acosta mocked for accidentally proving that border walls work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Israel knows how to handle tunnels. It is called hellfire missile. Collapse the tunnels on whoever is inside trying to invade us (stopping them) while simultaneously preventing future invasions.

We aren't at war with Mexico. Asylum seekers are not enemy invaders.
edit on 11-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

They aren't asylum seekers. Asylum seekers are required to submit to our immigration court THROUGH A POINT OF ENTRY. When they get in court, THEN they can make their asylum defense.

Only problem is there is a several thousand PERCENT increase in fraudulent asylum claims. ONLY THOSE FLEEING STATE VIOLENCE qualify. ONLY THOSE ENTERING THROUGH A PORT OF ENTRY qualify. ONLY THOSE NOT PASSING UP ANOTHER COUNTRY qualify.

They are foreign nationals entering this country unlawfully. That is a textbook invasion.

And any terrorist building tunnels into this country deserves, at the very least, to be buried alive in that tunnel.

I personally support land mines on the border and machine gun nests with shoot to kill orders for invaders. Guarantee illegal crossings drop to 0%. Prosecuting fraudulent asylum claims will also cut those down.

The gloves need to come off. We don't have open borders. Asylum seekers are only real asylum seekers when they are fleeing GOVERNMENT PERSECUTION (not violence, not domestic violence, not crime, not poverty, ONLY STATE PERSECUTION PERIOD) and only when they 1) don't bypass another country 2) do so in accordance with our laws.

No, those jumping our borders are not asylum seekers they are illegal aliens. They are foreign nationals without a valid asylum claim (and unable to make one, due to the circumstances of their illegal entry).

They are ILLEGAL ALIENS. Get your facts straight.

FYI, tunneling into another country IS an act of war. Much more so than some BS email hacking or whatever deranged deluded paranoid Russia theories you all are pushing today on the All Russia Network 24/7
edit on 1/11/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

What these people who are crossing into America's borders doing are no different from the African migrants who are being smuggled by NGOs into Europe.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

They aren't asylum seekers. Asylum seekers are required to submit to our immigration court THROUGH A POINT OF ENTRY

WRONG!

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

You must apply for asylum within one year of the date of their last arrival in the United States...
www.uscis.gov...

ONLY THOSE FLEEING STATE VIOLENCE qualify. ONLY THOSE ENTERING THROUGH A PORT OF ENTRY qualify. ONLY THOSE NOT PASSING UP ANOTHER COUNTRY qualify.

False, false, false.

A person can qualify for asylum if he or she has:
A reasonable fear of future persecution on account of Race, religion, national origin, political opinion, or membership in a social group
www.politicalasylumusa.com...

A person's claim to asylum is not decided by you or me. It's decided by the courts.

President Trump has repeatedly falsely asserted that the United States can turn away asylum seekers who have crossed through Mexico without seeking asylum there first—even though there is no legal basis for this claim. Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen M. Nielsen has also incorrectly stated that asylum seekers must “seek protections in the first safe country they enter, including Mexico.”

Despite this rhetoric, many refugees face deadly dangers in Mexico. For many, the country is not at all safe. Mexico falls far short of meeting the legal requirements that would permit U.S. officials to treat it as a “safe third country” for the purpose of turning back asylum seekers. And since there is no safe third country agreement in place, the president and members of his administration have no legal basis to state that asylum seekers must apply for asylum in Mexico.

www.humanrightsfirst.org...
edit on 11-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What a knucklehead.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, no doubt, Acosta really screwed up here... when it comes to being an effective internet troll.

His definitely set himself up to be the brunt of a whole lot of juvenile right wing memes

But, he really hasn't "proved" anything, one way or the other... I could go into detail to explain why, but why would I even bother?

If you don't already possess the intellectual capacity to realize this doesn't prove anything. Then no amount of explaining is going to resolve that deficiency in basic mental comprehension... It'll just be in one ear and out the other.

Walls work and you're an idiot.

Yeah well, it just truly devastates me you feel that way, mate.

But back to the topic... It still doesn't seem like anyone's actually even attempted to explain how my original comment was incorrect, when I stated that this video doesn't 'prove' anything, one way or the other.

Using the same flawed logic, I could get 30 seconds of footage in some bad neighbourhood in Chicago where no shooting or crime occurs, then claim it "proves" Chicago's stricter gun laws have clearly resulted in crime free streets... as witnessed by in the video.

I already said that Acosta was a goose to make those comments in front of Trump's phototype wall. He obviously gave the political trolls an opening to slaughter him... But that's all it is, political trolling. There was no factual evidence in the footage that proves the wall works.

Likewise, if Acoster had of made the same comments well standing on a section of the border with no fence and no illegals attempting to cross, it wouldn't have "proved" his point either.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh, this is hilarious and utterly brilliant...
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
For the record: McAllen Texas has the 7th lowest crime rate in the USA. It is also one of the busiest border checkpoints in the country. it is protected with a 6 foot chain link fence in some parts and no fence in others. It sees a large number of immigrants on a perpetual basis and is the 7th safest city in the USA. Jim Acosta proved nothing but that this whole "emergency' border problem is actually not a a problem at all and is certainly not an emergency..

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Move along folks - nothing to see here... ignore the 1m illegal immigrants passing through each year. It's all good... no emergency here. Ignore the 15-20m illegal immigrants already in the country... no harm done. Remember, just like those illegals, vote Democrat.

Given the town is a major border checkpoint, perhps, just maybe, it's not the first choice for illegals to cross... just a thought. Still Acosta by a fence in a town that is not a major issue because it has a major checkpoint... kind of tells you again that he proved Trump's point.
edit on 11/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
President Trump Went to a Border Town to Prove They Need a Wall. Residents Say Otherwise

President Trump spent Thursday in McAllen, Texas attempting to make his case for a border wall, but members of the Texas Border Coalition — including McAllen’s mayor — say an investment in a wall is the wrong choice.

www.msn.com...

McAllen Texas was 84% hispanic as of the last census. I doubt the numbers have decreased in the past 8 years.

Although trump enjoys strong support among Texas hispanics, receiving illegals, or Mexican tourists who come for American-style shopping are mainstays of the economy. The county is solidly democratic, as are most counties along the Rio Grande. McAllen has a long history of defying federal and state law by providing sanctuary and benefits to "migrants." It has some of the worst schools in the state; a majority of students do not have enough English to take classes in it

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Move along folks - nothing to see here... ignore the 1m illegal immigrants passing through each year. It's all good... no emergency here. Ignore the 15-20m illegal immigrants already in the country... no harm done. Remember, just like those illegals, vote Democrat.

Given the town is a major border checkpoint, perhps, just maybe, it's not the first choice for illegals to cross... just a thought. Still Acosta by a fence in a town that is not a major issue because it has a major checkpoint... kind of tells you again that he proved Trump's point.

I see you continue to struggle with comprehension. McAllen does not have fences/waolls throughout and is still the 7th safest city in USA, despite pretty much always being mobbed with immigrants.

If it was so easy to enter where there are no fences/walls, why do the smugglers continue to dig tunnels to get through in othe rplaces? Why not just go to where there is no wall?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No it's fine thanks.
You're talking about a major checkpoint where people can enter legally.
Not the kind of place illegal aliens like to hang out - and certainly not drug runners.
I think you are having problems understanding the difference between those seeking entry legally, versus the criminals.

edit on 11/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Asylum seekers are not enemy invaders.

You all keep using those words "asylum seekers". But I don't think you understand the meaning. If they actually applied for asylum they would be denied. That's why they try and sneak in. Start off with word games will guarentee you've already lost the argument.

I agree they certainly aren't enemy invaders. But where we disagree is thinking they are better off just sneaking in and living in the shadows. Where as I'd like to make them actual productive members of society. Which requires a secure border.
edit on 11-1-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
For the record: McAllen Texas has the 7th lowest crime rate in the USA. It is also one of the busiest border checkpoints in the country. it is protected with a 6 foot chain link fence in some parts and no fence in others. It sees a large number of immigrants on a perpetual basis and is the 7th safest city in the USA. Jim Acosta proved nothing but that this whole "emergency' border problem is actually not a a problem at all and is certainly not an emergency..

Small town with a ton of border patrol so do you think the illegal aliens are going to stay there. There is truth in the statement that border towns are seen as safe and it is also true that illegal aliens continue to travel and not congregate in these towns as they head to areas that would give them work. It is also true that the mexico towns just on the other side are extremely dangerous...

Makes me want the wall more to keep them separated more.

edit on 11-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

If it was so easy to enter where there are no fences/walls, why do the smugglers continue to dig tunnels to get through in othe rplaces? Why not just go to where there is no wall?

Well they do since they have 700 miles to pick from.. Like away from road stops, large border patrols...more isolated areas... and so on...

edit on 11-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Did you see the pictures, of border wall prototypes, cut with a common metal saw?

I didn't see the common metal saw. Do you have a link that shows a common metal saw cutting through that?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Stupidity abounds in America. Throughout recorded history, not a single wall has proven effective. Why would anyone believe a wall will work today when it never has before? This falls right in line with if you do the same thing repeatedly and get the same result each time, that it is insane to believe this time around will end in a different result. Take the red pill. It's scary, but real. Or go ahead and take the blue pill and enjoy you filet mignon, oblivious to reality.

You tell me. Liberals were all for it when it was proposed by obama, now they're all against it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You all keep using those words "asylum seekers". But I don't think you understand the meaning. If they actually applied for asylum they would be denied.

What do you base this on?

I agree they certainly aren't enemy invaders. But where we disagree is thinking they are better off just sneaking in and living in the shadows. Where as I'd like to make them actual productive members of society. Which requires a secure border.

But, my concern is for the asylum seekers, that Trump is demonizing, turning away at border check points, and taking their children away from them and locking them up, seeing them as guilty before their cases have been adjudicated by an immigration judge.

I agree that not all the people who sneak in through the southern border are asylum seekers. Every year for decades caravans of migrant workers make their way to the United States to pick fruits and vegetables, and then go home. Some stay and send money back home, some find domestic work or jobs in industries that typically hire illegals. At any rate, 2/3 of all illegal immigrant in the USA have overstayed their VISA, not snuck in through the southern border.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Israel knows how to handle tunnels. It is called hellfire missile. Collapse the tunnels on whoever is inside trying to invade us (stopping them) while simultaneously preventing future invasions.

See, your drones finally have some use after all. THIS is where technology comes into play.

The rapists, murders, thieves, terrorists and drug dealers coming through tunnels deserve nothing more from us.

It truely warms my heart every single time Israel collapses a tunnel while those hard-working, hard-done-by, fine upstanding citizens are still inside them digging away.

Truely warms my heart.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The amazing lucas has a hilarious take on this story. But yea , jimmy also proved the fence could be jumped over, showing that it is not exactly secure. But most of the wall is effective against violent intruders.

Looks like jimmy dun goofed and managed to prove trumps point a few times with regards to the "immoral" wall (immoral cause they want illegals to come and vote illegally during the next elections.

edit on th2019000000Fridayth000000Fri, 11 Jan 2019 16:19:28 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 11 Jan 2019 16:19:28 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join