It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Walls Don't Work" Argument is the Stupidest One Yet.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

That's fair. They don't cover effectiveness, only how many illegals would need to be stopped by wall for it to pay for itself.

Your family was illegal too once you. Least you forget your own ancestory

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: purplemer

The wall seems stupid. Cant peeps just get into boats and go around the wall. Maybe you should wall the coastline too.!

But if there was no wall they could just walk over the border.

Yes and now they can swim or boat around the wall instead. Or dig tunnels underneath. It seemed like a very flawed idea. Why build something for billions that you can overcome with a 5 dollar spade.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Yes. 2 generations off the boat from Galway. Not illegal though. Worked. Had families. Became part of society and got out of the hell they had in 1900's NYC. Moved the Brooklyn. Then Mineola. Then to LI. No welfare. Hard work.

They came in the way someone should. No one is going to have time to dig under the wall. In building the wall the tunnels that are currently used will be found and destroyed. Once in place less time, energy, fuel, etc to monitor a closed border than an open one. Pretty simple concept.

If Donald Trump had said I will cure cancer if I am elected president he STILL would not get the votes needed. It is pure hate. Trump is doing everything correctly. According to law. The House right now just wants money so that they can not have a budget and keep pushing it along.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

es. 2 generations off the boat from Galway. Not illegal though. Worked. Had families. Became part of society and got out of the hell they had in 1900's NYC. Moved the Brooklyn. Then Mineola. Then to LI. No welfare. Hard work.

In what way where you not illegal. Did the Indian Nations embrace you will open arms. I dont think so. The land is stolen from those that came before.

You are no different than those that try and cross the border looking for a better life.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They came in the way someone should. No one is going to have time to dig under the wall.

Yes they will dig under the wall. Just like they do in Palestine.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That's fair. They don't cover effectiveness, only how many illegals would need to be stopped by wall for it to pay for itself.

Your family was illegal too once you. Least you forget your own ancestory

No they weren't.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

The wall seems stupid. Cant peeps just get into boats and go around the wall. Maybe you should wall the coastline too.!

But if there was no wall they could just walk over the border.

Yes and now they can swim or boat around the wall instead. Or dig tunnels underneath. It seemed like a very flawed idea. Why build something for billions that you can overcome with a 5 dollar spade.

Go try it out. You might find it's more difficult than you pretend.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It's this kind of "logic" that makes me mentally facepalm. So, because it is possible for far fewer would-be illegals to take a much larger risk (of getting caught or physically injured) and exert much more effort & resources (digging a tunnel or acquiring a boat) to bypass a wall and all the additional border security that comes with having a wall, that it's "stupid" to have a wall at all?

It has to be all or nothing, otherwise it seems stupid?

Pure genius!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Did walls and a door keep you out while your parents were making your brother or sister?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The immigration issue is not relegated to stopping people from crossing a certain point on a border. It's much broader. People staying beyond the scope of their work visa - people crossing over ports of entry. The glorified build a wall, stop illegal immigration plan is just stupid. I'd have applauded an actual plan that covers all aspects, and focuses on those states (which is a low #), with the highest percentage of illegal immigrants.

Instead Trump is going for the visual, impact-seeming WALL. Because that will solve all our problems. And he ignorantly compares this to the problems in Europe. They are not even REMOTELY the same. Yet I believe that was his primary impetus for his wall. How about instead, intelligently attacking the problem at all its sources, instead of grandstanding with a ridiculous massive wall that won't cover the entire border, be costly (to build and maintain), and would only barely touch on the real problems of illegal immigration.

The thought that this could deter terrorists is ludicrous, considering no.. literally ZERO terrorists have attacked the U.S. through that border, and there is no indication they will. Another stupid Trump theory that holds no water. Walls work.. sure. But a wall won't begin to actually address the problems it is supposed to. Drugs? LMAO. Please.. you think billion dollar drug cartels will be thwarted by this wall? Murderers and rapists? A laughably overblown claim. Money that would be spent on a wall, instead spent on stopping these crimes IN the U.S. would create multitudes more success.

But instead Trump scares his followers into thinking that not building a wall will doom us to murderers, rapists, drug dealers, and people stealing our jobs. Man.. his people are either blindly ignorant or just stupid, and that's simply the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Barriers work plain and simple. As do a nice hedge of prickly holly trees.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

"Mr Gorbachev, put up that wall !" said no President ever.

No one is saying that walls don't have purpose and usefulness.

On the border, steel fencing works best in certain locations.

When people say walls don't work, they mean walls don't solve the problems President Trump says they will.

Drugs and crime.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The people arguing against the wall are the exact same people that provide sanctuary from ICE officials to the illegal aliens that their own local police and sherriff departments currently have UNDER ARREST!!!

That tells me everything I need to know.

Build the wall/barrier/fence/whatever CBP determines is necessary where ever CBP think it's necessary. They are the experts. They say it works. Let them build it. Ignore those that pretend to know better than those actually charged with border protection...

Imagine if NASA laid out a plan to fly humans to Mars and a bunch of lawyer politicians said, "No, no, no. Trust us, that won't work. We know better than those who have dedicated their lives to rocket science. NASA shouldn't do it that way. We think you passengers flying to Mars should get there by a boat, trust us..."

edit on 12-1-2019 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

"Mr Gorbachev, put up that wall !" said no President ever.

Wait. Did you just equate a divided Berlin to the US & Mexican border???

In your insinuation, is the US East Berlin or West Berlin?

The Berlin Wall was bad because it divided Germany into two countries...

By this insinuation, are you saying Mexico and the US are one country and that's why a wall is immoral? I mean, that's what made the Berlin Wall immoral... If you are a one world globalist then you should come out and say that's why you disagree with a US/Mexican physical border. Otherwise, no one in their right mind will trust you.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Forget the wall, why not just create a DMZ like Korea? I'm sure a 200m wide border full of land mines will stop people crossing and be way way cheaper then a wall. I know parts of the border run through a river, maybe mine the banks as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

We don't Need that Kind of Education , and We don't Need that Thought Control ...........Oll in Oll We Need More Bricks in the WOll .....
edit on 12-1-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
And yet, the "Walls Keep People IN, Too!" argument somehow seems to fall on deaf ears on both sides.

I don't understand that for the life of me. Do you REALLY think this wall is just intended to go one way?

If so, you might want to do a little research on various NWO plans. There's a few of 'em and none are good.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's almost as if people are going to other sections where the wall is not...

..."almost" being the keyword... Acosta just doesn't get; it's like he's dense or something.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWretched
Forget the wall, why not just create a DMZ like Korea? I'm sure a 200m wide border full of land mines will stop people crossing and be way way cheaper then a wall. I know parts of the border run through a river, maybe mine the banks as well.

Definitely. F the Geneva Convention. We need to be more like North Korea. Blow the legs off a few children and that will stop this crisis. We should probably napalm the border periodically too.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
How would a wall have stopped these 600,000 people from being in america illegally in 2017?

Visa system is a completely different topic...if anything it shows who ever runs the Visa program is completely incompetent and probably should be suspended until the system has yhe ability to deport expired ones.

Showing those numbers you posted gives more evidence for a wall.

The u.s. already has a problem with their Visa system, legal immigration acceptance is at its highest, so any more that try and enter is detrimental. Close off any potential gaps that feed those damaging numbers your posted.

But besides that....wall off the area where a good majority of your drugs come from.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join