It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Walls Don't Work" Argument is the Stupidest One Yet.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ker2010
These people arent that dense. Im telling you right now they know the wall will work to a good extent and thats why they oppose it.

We all know why they want them here and for what reasons. A wall will curb those imported future voters.

No we're so dense we think there are more cost effective ways of dealing with this crisis..

30 years and they haven't been implemented yet.

That's because theres profit to be made, it's always at the expense of the citizens.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ask the Chinese how that worked for them, lol. I swear rwnj’s aren’t aware of much, if anything. a reply to: Propagandalf

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Propagandalf

a reply to: ScepticScot

That would be more convincing if the OP wasn't trying to convince people walls do work based on anecdotes.

I am intrigued however intrigued by your 99% claim. Do you have a source for that?

On common sense, actually. The opposite of a wall is no wall. Which works more at keeping people out, a wall or no wall?

If the wall was cost free that might be a valid point.

Is there any study into if a wall is the most effective way of spending billions (21?) on reducing illegal immigration.

A study? There is no wall. How can such a thing be studied if there is no such thing?

Is it normal practise in the US to spend billions on a project without a cost benefit analysis?

No.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Ask the Chinese how that worked for them, lol. I swear rwnj’s aren’t aware of much, if anything. a reply to: Propagandalf

The implication is no wall would have helped them better. Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: Propagandalf

Fair enough, we could call this wall a monument for fabricated nonsense.
Did not mean to insult the stupid.

Actually I was saying your make-believe was fabricated nonsense. Sorry for thinking that was obvious.

link   

link   
I didn’t say that you did, another thing I notice about rwnj’s. They just make things up that fit their desired lie, sad. a reply to: Propagandalf

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I know, totally! I can't believe the make-believe "manufactured crisis" angle that trump is trying to pull.
I'm with you on it being make believe.
Keep fighting the good fight! And keep America free and open for business!!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That would be more convincing if the OP wasn't trying to convince people walls do work based on anecdotes.

I am intrigued however intrigued by your 99% claim. Do you have a source for that?

On common sense, actually. The opposite of a wall is no wall. Which works more at keeping people out, a wall or no wall?

Is there any study into if a wall is the most effective way of spending billions (21?) on reducing illegal immigration.

A study? There is no wall. How can such a thing be studied if there is no such thing?

Is it normal practise in the US to spend billions on a project without a cost benefit analysis?

No.

So you support the wall based on what? Feelings?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No.

So you support the wall based on what? Feelings?

I support the wall because a wall is better at keeping people out than no wall.

Do you believe no wall is better at keeping people than a wall?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That’s what controls them, fear and hatred. Mostly fear. You have to remember we aren’t dealing with the best and brightest America has to offer here. Seriously, most of them are so pee their pants scared they won’t even go to the drive through without a gun. a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I know, totally! I can't believe the make-believe "manufactured crisis" angle that trump is trying to pull.
I'm with you on it being make believe.
Keep fighting the good fight! And keep America free and open for business!!

Again, I was talking about your own nonsense. You know, the same nonsense you had to make up in your imagination, or are repeating from someone else's imagination?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why even bother ? It does not matter if walls work or not.

The only thing that matters is trump not getting his way.

if Obama wanted a wall they would be behind it 100%.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I didn’t say that you did, another thing I notice about rwnj’s. They just make things up that fit their desired lie, sad. a reply to: Propagandalf

So you don't know what an implication is either. That's another thing I found about anti-Trumpers: they can't understand the plain meaning of language.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The implication is no wall would have helped them better. Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You must not have read very many of his posts.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

No, I haven't.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Remove the incentive to enter the US, per Ron Paul.

Well, that was done, it's illegal. The issue now is having the government enforce it. Sanctuary cities, illegals being hired to work which is illegal, illegals just dumped into states (Texas), and so on.

We have the Secure Border Act of 2006. Finish by adding the rest of the border fencing and enforcing the laws.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

No, I haven't.

Yeah he has said way dumber shi

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Oh, I think you didn't understand what I was trying to say. Sorry about that.
I was agreeing with you that all of this nonsense made up and manufactured border crisis stuff is just a stunt to rally up his brainwashed cult and transfer their energy into bigger ratings.

I think, and I'm sure now that we are hopefully on the same page that you would agree, that Mango Mussolini is all about RATINGS!

Anyways, sorry for the confusion, for a second there I thought you were trying to show support for this monument to stupidity AKA The Wall.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Oh, I think you didn't understand what I was trying to say. Sorry about that.
I was agreeing with you that all of this nonsense made up and manufactured border crisis stuff is just a stunt to rally up his brainwashed cult and transfer their energy into bigger ratings.

I think, and I'm sure now that we are hopefully on the same page that you would agree, that Mango Mussolini is all about RATINGS!

Anyways, sorry for the confusion, for a second there I thought you were trying to show support for this monument to stupidity AKA The Wall.

No, I'm never on the same page as something that resembles the DNC party talking-points. The media has been spouting the same nonsense. So it's no surprise the media's brainwashed cult repeats it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join