It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly 10000 women victims of sex assault a month trying to cross border, dems say no crisis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

If you think that Trump has acted in a sincere and bipartisan way, these past 2 years, then YOU are delusional! Trump is a con artist adept at manufacturing crisis. Pulling out of international treaties, trade wars, threatening allies, threatening enemies, using DACA recipents as hostages, using federal workers as hostages, using flood and fire disaster victims as hostages, wreaking havoc with government agencies like the EPA, HUD, DOE and even the Pentagon, are just a few crisis manufactured by Trump, just off the top of my head.

The difference between you and me is I criticize both sides and see how corrupt the establishment leadership is on both. You are getting conned by the dem leadership too. Lied to constantly.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

If you think that Trump has acted in a sincere and bipartisan way, these past 2 years, then YOU are delusional! Trump is a con artist adept at manufacturing crisis. Pulling out of international treaties, trade wars, threatening allies, threatening enemies, using DACA recipents as hostages, using federal workers as hostages, using flood and fire disaster victims as hostages, wreaking havoc with government agencies like the EPA, HUD, DOE and even the Pentagon, are just a few crisis manufactured by Trump, just off the top of my head.

The difference between you and me is I criticize both sides and see how corrupt the establishment leadership is on both. You are getting conned by the dem leadership too. Lied to constantly.

That is where YOU are mistaken bub. If you would turn on the news you would see exactly what trump is doing wrong. Keep your head in the sand...lol

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
The democratic leadership says there is no crisis at the southern border.

Now we can talk about the vast amount of illegals in the US, how the effect economics or crime, but that seems to not sway democrats thinking on this issue.

So I thought maybe we could look at some numbers the democrats would care more about.

According to amnesty international, between 60 to 80% of women trying to cross the border are victims of rape.

Between 60 percent and 80 percent of female migrants traveling through Mexico are raped along the way, according to estimates from a study by Amnesty International and reporting by Fusion.

www.migrationpolicy.org...

The number fluctuates as has been over 60,000 the past few months, but lets go with the conservative estimate there are about 45,000 people apprehended a month trying to cross the border. Now the number of people that actually make it across isnt included in that number, so it could be much higher.

www.cbp.gov...-survey-target-id

But for the purposes of this we will just use the 45000 number.

Now we are constantly told that many of the people are women and children. In fact recent articles have been saying the old illegal immigration was working age men, byt now its turning in to families.

Instead of young men and seasonal workers, most of whom migrated from Mexico, the majority of people now arriving are asylum-seeking families and children from Central America

So lets just say 1/3 of those trying to cross the border are women, though I admit the number could be more than that or less.

This means that if 60 to 80 percent were victims of sexual assault, 9000 to 12000 women a month are being sexually assaulted trying to cross into the US.

Now again, I realize these numbers are not perfect because it is difficult to know exactly how many illegals are women, and the exact percentage being raped or sexually assaulted.

And you may say the wall doesnt solve this, which is another conversation.

But the dems are saying there is nor crisis at the border, and it is all manufactured by Trump.

How many women a month need be raped or sexually assaulted before the democrats say its a crisis?

Watch the last few episodes of Law and Order SVU and then tell me there isnt a problem at our border....
I will be waiting for you to get back to me

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The crisis is in Central America, and in DC.

According to the Mayor of Mcallen, Texas. on the border. (where the crisis is a creation of media)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

That is where YOU are mistaken bub. If you would turn on the news you would see exactly what trump is doing wrong. Keep your head in the sand...lol
The media lies or misrepresents things all the time. On both sides.

Saying so is not a defense of Trump.

I’m a liberal. But am fed up with democratic leadership too.

If you think the establishment leaders aren’t corrupt on both sides, or at least most of them, or that the media is actual real journalism or unbiased, then it’s just naivity and ignorance.

For example, on the liberal side cnn and msnbc misrepresent topics like child separation or the girl that died in ICE custody, to rile up the base and cause conflict.

They totally shilled for the Hillary campaign during the 2016 election, including denigrating progressives, Bernie supporters, Green Party, etc.

Both sides constantly lie about foreign policy and wars. I’ve seen that first hand too.

Maybe you should follow your own avatar name and be a bit more skeptical.
edit on 12-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Good post. Its only one of multiple reasons we need better border control, none them racist as the left would like to have you think. One major concern is that TB is crossing the border with some of the people attempting to get here.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

According to amnesty international, between 60 to 80% of women trying to cross the border are victims of rape.

It seems you may have misunderstood. According to amnesty international, between 60 to 80% of migrant women traveling through Mexico are victims of rape along the way.

Between 60 percent and 80 percent of female migrants traveling through Mexico are raped along the way, according to estimates from a study by Amnesty International and reporting by Fusion.

How is a wall in America going to stop women from getting raped in Mexico?

What you and amnesty international describe is not a crisis at our southern border. It's a sexual assault crisis in the heart of Mexico.

The crisis is people trying to get over the southern border being assaulted.

No, according to amnesty international the crisis is women "traveling through Mexico" to reach the border, and apparently it's such a risk that many actually plan for it by taking contraceptives for the journey.

A wall in America is not going to stop Central American women from getting raped in Mexico.
edit on 1/12/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join