It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly 10000 women victims of sex assault a month trying to cross border, dems say no crisis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That wasn't the point you made that was challenged.
You changed your argument in order to be correct.
Really rather pathetic, smart guy.

edit on 11/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I’m not fully on the conservative side here, but the estimates of current undocumented folks in the US is already at an unsustainable level. Didn’t Yale estimate it was something like 30 million?

Is that really “manufactured?” With respect, that term has been pumped out the last week by the dem leadership and media allies ad nauseum.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Sure, while I get that fear, generally right now it’s not the republicans going anti free speech nor anti guns. Let’s be honest on that one.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fully aware of the former Orwellian moves of the right from leading the war on terror to the patriot act.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Laughable.

At least we now know you have no issue with a National emergency being declared.
Your issue is with Trump putting his foot down to keep Americans safe, keeping women and children being used to help cross the border safe, and actually attempting to enforce law.

Hint: when faced with a point that completely floors your argument, wriggling for a while before coming back and layering on additional conditions is a dead give away that you are feeling dumb as a rock.

but...but...but.. how many Presidents have declared a National Emergency whilst standing on one leg, hopping up and down and rubbing their head...None... see...see.

Thanks for saving me the time of wasting any more time attempting to get an actual answer to my actual question.
You've summed the situation up very well.

The Left probably deserves better representation...but I sure don't see it here today.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That wasn't the point you made that was challenged.

What point do you think I was making?

You changed your argument in order to be correct.

What was my argument, and how did I change it?

Seems to me that my argument, and my point, was that Trump is setting a dangerous precedent. The fact that other presidents have also declared national emergencies doesn't change or invalidate my argument, even if you disagree with me.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Sure, while I get that fear, generally right now it’s not the republicans going anti free speech nor anti guns. Let’s be honest on that one.

Today we have a Republican president manufacturing crisis's, devising government shut downs and formulating national emergencies to get his political policies in place. Next time it might a Democrat.

It's a dangerous precedent.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Okay and were not the Democrats “manufacturing crises” on everything from Russia stole the election to needing to ban assault weapons to Nazis being everywhere? The Russia gate stuff is transparent political bull.

Look in the mirror brah.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Although I disagree with your assessment, if that's the way you see it, then yeah, you should be concerned that, if given the opportunity, they would use the same tactics Trump is trying to use to bypass Congress and force his agenda down the throats of the American people.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Those who choose to travel across the boarder illegally subject themselves to dangerous human traffic issues. Such as sexual assault, theft, assault, murder etc. Is your assertion that the president created that reality? Or is simply lying about that it exists?

Or are you just unbothered by the exploration of your fellow man?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You employ some pretty poor debate tactics, some of the same ones you wail to no end against, very interesting.

Simply asserting something as truth doesn't make it so.
FAIL
-10 points to hufflepuff

you reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

And it often gets worse when they cross illegally. They are strangers in a strange land. Many know no one here. Most speak very little or no English. They have nowhere to go and usually end up as sex slaves, and their children are not exempt.

I have seen the unbelievable, and pray that no one has to endure the kind of hell that many of these people have gone through because they believed the lies they where told, by those that have their own agenda.

This is not new. There is no excuse for the feigned ignorance by members of our government. If our government can't house and provide medical care for their citizens, how the hell are they going to care for illegals?

For many illegals they end up in slave camps. They skirt the system. They are terrified of being caught so they don't trust anyone, that is how they stayed trapped.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
While I feel for these women, I don't see how a wall would help them. I feel like if anything these rough figures argue more in favor of offering those woman asylum.

Also, where do these woman come from - mostly CA is it looks like? It is not like there is a line of rapists waiting at the border trading sex for entry.

Hmmm. Estimates in the US, FOR the US, puts sexual assault of US women at 25-30%. If you listen to "Me Too" rhetoric, that percentage is closer to 50.

Who is offering these women asylum?

Sorry, domestic violence is a home nation issue. While my sympathy and empathy goes out to those who suffer any sort of assault, such is just not grounds for asylum. And, a not unrelated point, if the recent wave that hit the crossing at San Diego were truly seeking asylum, why did they take that extra 1800 mile hike rather than crossing at Texas? And, why did they bypass the seven stations along their path through Mexico where they could have legally and legitimately applied for asylum?

I know, I know, George Soros did it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Although I disagree with your assessment, if that's the way you see it, then yeah, you should be concerned that, if given the opportunity, they would use the same tactics Trump is trying to use to bypass Congress and force his agenda down the throats of the American people.

What I’m saying is that the Democrats are also using hysteria and hyperbole to whip up crises. It’s important to wake up to both sides doing it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

You are like a CD that keeps skipping and repeating the same thing, over and over, like a broken record.

Fail!

I suppose that you background in such things helps you to identify it.

What a waste of time. You don’t even see the train coming did you? That’s ok it’s what we are counting on.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

What I’m saying is that the Democrats are also using hysteria and hyperbole to whip up crises. It’s important to wake up to both sides doing it.

IDK, you say the Mueller investigation is a whipped up Democratic crisis. Fine. But, we're not talking about the Mueller investigation here, we're talking about Trump declaring a national emergency because he can't get Congress to fund his undefined project, and he's using Federal workers as pawns and the American people are being held hostage.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

And yet, you still can't articulate exactly what this crisis is and where at the border, exactly, is this crisis occurring. Again, where are these disease ridden, drug carrying rapist entering in droves, and where does the wall need to go, exactly?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

IDK, you say the Mueller investigation is a whipped up Democratic crisis. Fine. But, we're not talking about the Mueller investigation here, we're talking about Trump declaring a national emergency because he can't get Congress to fund his undefined project, and he's using Federal workers as pawns and the American people are being held hostage.

Well the Wall isn’t undefined. You can disagree with it sure.

The thing is, both sides aren’t working together on this during the shut down. You have to blame leadership on both sides for the impacts you mentioned.

Also, securing our borders is important.
edit on 12-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Well the Wall isn’t undefined.

Yes it is. Trump's wall is completely extraneous to the research and development, construction and funding designated by the Secure Fence Act. Trump's wall is yet to be designed. Will it be solid concrete or steel slats to allow for wind, water and animal migration? Where will the wall be situated and where will the "doors" that Trump talked about be placed? Whose private property will be grabbed by eminent domain?

The thing is, both sides aren’t working together on this during the shut down.

The Dems have bipartisanly agreed on over $20 billion dollars for southern border security, and $1.6 billion for Trump's wall. Trump has rejected those offers.

edit on 12-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If you think the dems are acting in a sincere bipartisan manner with trump now and the last two years, you are delusional or dishonest. It’s been non stop hysteria. Talking about manufactured crises, jeez.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If you think that Trump has acted in a sincere and bipartisan way, these past 2 years, then YOU are delusional! Trump is a con artist adept at manufacturing crisis. Pulling out of international treaties, trade wars, threatening allies, threatening enemies, using DACA recipents as hostages, using federal workers as hostages, using flood and fire disaster victims as hostages, wreaking havoc with government agencies like the EPA, HUD, DOE and even the Pentagon, are just a few crisis manufactured by Trump, just off the top of my head.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join