It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly 10000 women victims of sex assault a month trying to cross border, dems say no crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Democrats won't care about their pain and hurt until we get closer to election time. And even that empathy will be FAKE.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: j4ckd4r1pp3r

Then where was his urgency during that time? Why did he not do what he is doing now by shutting down the government until he got his way?

Why is this a crisis now and not during the two years he held both houses? What changed?

It has been a crisis for a long time, but hey we will say it is just normal. Dems will not vote on it, then, now, next week or a year. The Dems thought it was crisis level in 2006 when they did vote yes on it and even 2015, but not today lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You think he’s going to get it now?
So he didn’t want to force a government shutdown when the GOP had control, but he will when the dems have control of the house.

I don't think he will get it...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It has been a crisis for a long time, but hey we will say it is just normal.

Like gun violence. If this move of Trump's goes forward, and unchecked, it's just a matter of time until "gun violence" becomes a "national emergency" and we see the 2nd Amendment gone. It's just a matter of time until any domestic issue, like health care, becomes a national emergency, and corporations are seized by the government in the name of national security and pubic safety.

Precedents are being set. Take note.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Xtrozero

It has been a crisis for a long time, but hey we will say it is just normal.

Like gun violence. If this move of Trump's goes forward, and unchecked, it's just a matter of time until "gun violence" becomes a "national emergency" and we see the 2nd Amendment gone. It's just a matter of time until any domestic issue, like health care, becomes a national emergency, and corporations are seized by the government in the name of national security and pubic safety.

I agree with you here

I don’t want trump to use the emergency powers for exactly the reasons you outline here

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

58 National Emergencies have been declared by presidents since 1976.
31 are still in effect.

I'd say precedents have already been set.
BTW...Did you express this same concern when Obama declared 12 National Emergencies...and Bush declared 13?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

So, nothing. You got nothing. You can't articulate exactly what this crisis supposedly entails, and you can't identify which border areas are in crisis either.

Got it. You've betrayed your ignorant bias and shown yourself to support Trump, his lies and his fake crisis, minus any critical thinking skills.

Yet another failed disingenuous statement. LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Don't worry all kinds of precedents are being set like investigating a SE select back to their teen years, but this will not be one of them. Congress still needs to approve.
edit on 11-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

BTW...Did you express this same concern when Obama declared 12 National Emergencies...and Bush declared 13?

Did they declare national emergencies because Congress wouldn't approve funding for their campaign promise?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

You are like a CD that keeps skipping and repeating the same thing, over and over, like a broken record.

Fail!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Did they declare national emergencies because Congress wouldn't approve funding for their campaign promise?

After you answer my question to you which you've conveniently avoided...you can go check for yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You introduced the subject. The burden of proof is on you, that presidents, in the past, issued national emergency proclamations because they couldn't get Congress to fund their ill conceived project.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You introduced the subject. The burden of proof is on you, that presidents, in the past, issued national emergency proclamations because they couldn't get Congress to fund their ill conceived project.

STILL avoiding answering original my question.

Noted...yet, not surprised.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
To be fair, democrats or liberals might say this underlines the desperation these women are facing.

a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

58 National Emergencies have been declared by presidents since 1976.
31 are still in effect.

I'd say precedents have already been set.

Shhhh!
You'll make him have to face reality.
Never a good thing. The after effects can be devestating... better to take it slowly.

Besides this would be a different National Emergency - a super duper evil one that only Hitler could dream up. It definitiely means he'd put everyone in concentration camps and then gas them.

edit on 11/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You should never ask a question you don't know the answer to, when debating. The answer is no other president has shut down the government, then declared a national emergency because Congress didn't approve their pet project.

Not a single national emergency issued in the past because American tax payers were being held hostage, and the government was refusing to pay Federal workers, because the president didn't get his way.

edit on 11-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yes, but many of these people are economic migrants, not legitimage refugees nor qualifying for asylum.

That doesn’t mean we should be unempathetic, nor ignore the realities in their countries. I used to study and work on int. Development and poverty in some of the countries that you are likely referring to, so I’m well aware of the realities they face.

However, just like Europe, it’s unsustainable to allow mass economic migration. Legitimate asylum seekers of course should be helped as much as possible.

a reply to: Byrd

edit on 11-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Laughable.

At least we now know you have no issue with a National emergency being declared.
Your issue is with Trump putting his foot down to keep Americans safe, keeping women and children being used to help cross the border safe, and actually attempting to enforce law.

Hint: when faced with a point that completely floors your argument, wriggling for a while before coming back and layering on additional conditions is a dead give away that you are feeling dumb as a rock.

but...but...but.. how many Presidents have declared a National Emergency whilst standing on one leg, hopping up and down and rubbing their head...None... see...see.
edit on 11/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No, my issue is with Trump manufacturing a national emergency because he didn't get his way with Congress. And, his holding the American people hostage isn't endearing him to the American people.

but...but...but.. how many Presidents have declared a National Emergency whilst standing on one leg, hopping up and down and rubbing their head...None... see...see.

Okay smart guy, show me one comparable national emergency. Show me one time when a president declared a national emergency in order to get the military to override Congressional inaction to a president's demmands, and carry out his hairbrained plan.

edit on 11-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'd say a 1m illegal immigrants flooding into the country year on year and thousands of dead Americans dying of drugs imported from Mexico (some of which do, you know, come across the border) and thousands of women being assualted on the trek to the border after being encouraged (or forced) to make the journey is a fairly significant Emergency - it's just been ignored in the past by weak politicians.

By the way, the actually change is that there been a huge spike in women and kids crossing the border illegally - I rather think driven by liberal media types and those anti-Trumpers who have encouraged them. Ironically it's the likes of your buddies in the media and activist left wing judges who created the crisis.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join