It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly 10000 women victims of sex assault a month trying to cross border, dems say no crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
op, are we in a crisis?

yes.

would a wall be a prudent step?

Not the point of the OP. The point is the dems obviously dont think these women being assaulted is a crisis, and trump is manufacturing it. They are wrong.

But yes a wall would be a good step.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

funny, I asked you if we're in a crisis two days ago and you said no.

hehehehe

should trump call a national emergency?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Key word being, possible. We can always count on you to lie. a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Rape, murder. But the dems say no crisis.

Sounds to me like the crisis is south of the border, not at the border.

Exactly right. The caravans also approach the US where there are walls and checkpoints. You do not see these large caravans trying to cross where there is no wall.

exactly how many do cross where there is no wall?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Why stop there? We could get unlimited funds if we declare war on Mexico.

link   

watching your videos is pretty interesting and it seems you are smart and not one of these right-wing-lunatics. but this 'us and them' annoys me. when started this illegal-aliens-thing? and what comes after trump? the great depression? maybe instead of searching the internet you better go out and watch for yourself what is going on out there. right now we have snow-chaos in bavaria (and austria), the roof of my moms house is in danger and we have to fix it urgently. that is a real life problem! but we don't panic, its an old house (over 120 years) and its strong.(:

better lets talk about real aliens! peace from munich!

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: and14263
Informative read. Thanks.

Does the Amnesty stat mean these women are assaulted during the migration or were they previously assaulted in their homeland?

Your thread indicates it is during migration. But I just wanted to be clear on that point. Because if it is as your thread states, then that is a clear indicator that animals are approaching.

It is along the way, not in their home countries.

This doesn't say why the women are leaving in the first place... and the answer is for most of them "rape/violence in their home."

Second, whether or not the border is open does not impact what happens to the women along the way.

Third, they're not in the country yet. If there's a humanitarian crisis, I believe the answer should be "send support and aid and work with the country that currently has them (like Mexico, for example.)"

So now that you've accused a group of politicians as being heartless, please explain what you would do to keep the women from fleeing war and violence and threats against them and their children in their own country or to protect them along the journey or to protect them once they reached the US to ask for asylum.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

funny, I asked you if we're in a crisis two days ago and you said no.

hehehehe

Show me saying that.

I did say I dont think this is a crisis that trump should use emergency powers to solve, because its a slow rolling crisis, not like a natural disaster or something.

I say that immediately in my video in the OP as well.

That doesnt mean this isnt a crisis.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Bill Clinton must first interview all of the victims before the democrats can call this a crisis. He is their rape expert. If anyone knows if there has been a rape or maybe should be a rape, it would be Bill. Bill Clinton, our most successful president and rape expert.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

SO if there is a rapist who lives next door to you do you invite them in? Same thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The crisis is people trying to get over the southern border being assaulted.

Wait, what? People are being raped while trying to climb the fence?

You betray yourself with this single statement. Obviously willfully ignorant.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The quetsion is is there a crisis?

There is, and democrats are saying there isnt.

Now kas to what to do, thats is a different question.

The best step would be to send a clear message that people will not be able to get in, such as a wall, arresting employers that knowing hire illegals, more agents and tech, better efforts to hgo after people that overstay visas, etc.

Instead we have people saying we should grant amensty to illegals, walls are immoral, and we shoudl welcome noble illegals.

We have americans sending aid to caravans to help get here, and then p[eople in those caravans lamenting that they were lied to because they cant get in.

Again, this is a totally seperate conversation than rather or not there is a crisis.

Can we admit the dems are wrong when they say there sint one?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

So now that you've accused a group of politicians as being heartless, please explain what you would do to keep the women from fleeing war and violence and threats against them and their children in their own country or to protect them along the journey or to protect them once they reached the US to ask for asylum.

Our president and our citizens should put the US first. It is not our responsibility if there is a country that is out of control filled with war, crime and poverty. Well, except for all of the money we give these countries which I do not believe in either. This amnesty argument is bogus.

For decades border security was a campaign topic and NO ONE did the complete job. Why? They passed bills so they could give security contracts for campaign donors. F that.

We need to secure our borders.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

A few point that came up in the other thread that discussed this (not trying to throw rocks at your thread):

The Study was from 2013.

This is a Mexican problem with crime, not a US problem.

The source, Amnesty International, might have a bias to inflate the figure.

Criticism of Amnesty International (AI) includes claims of selection bias, as well as ideology/foreign policy bias against either non-Western countries or Western-supported countries. Governments that have criticised AI include those of Israel,[1][2] the Democratic Republic of the Congo,[3] China,[4] Vietnam,[5] Russia,[6] and the United States,[7] which have complained about Amnesty International for what they assert is one-sided reporting, or a failure to treat threats to security as a mitigating factor. The actions of these governments—and of other governments critical of Amnesty International—have been the subject of human rights concerns voiced by Amnesty. The Catholic Church has also criticized Amnesty for its stance on abortion, particularly in Catholic-centric countries.[8]

Source

Amnesty International is not without controversy, however from a news reporting standpoint, they are factual and credible. They report with minimal bias, however the issues that they champion are typically those supported by the political left. Based on evidence based reporting we still rate Amnesty on the left side of least biased by our criteria.

Media Bias/Fact Check

Once again, not making a judgement here, just reporting findings/comments from the other discussion.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: and14263
Informative read. Thanks.

Does the Amnesty stat mean these women are assaulted during the migration or were they previously assaulted in their homeland?

Your thread indicates it is during migration. But I just wanted to be clear on that point. Because if it is as your thread states, then that is a clear indicator that animals are approaching.

It is along the way, not in their home countries.

This doesn't say why the women are leaving in the first place... and the answer is for most of them "rape/violence in their home."

Second, whether or not the border is open does not impact what happens to the women along the way.

Third, they're not in the country yet. If there's a humanitarian crisis, I believe the answer should be "send support and aid and work with the country that currently has them (like Mexico, for example.)"

So now that you've accused a group of politicians as being heartless, please explain what you would do to keep the women from fleeing war and violence and threats against them and their children in their own country or to protect them alongm the journey or to protect them once they reached the US to ask for asylum.

Do you seriously believe that the leader(s) of Venezuela would work with us in any meaningful and realistic way to solve this problem? I doubt it very much.

If they don’t then exactly what are you advocating? Shall the US nation build in Venezuela? What do you believe that US should do?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

Please no need to apologize for making points

That’s the entire purpose of discussion

I actually love people challenging my opinions

Now onto the points

Although the abuse is happening in Mexico, it is a direct affect on our border security

Not only do our policies provide the incentive for people to make the journey, but it is occurring while trying to cross the border

As for bias, that could be, but it is a left wing group

And so you would expect left wing people to agree with them to some degree instead of claiming there is no crisis and it’s manufactured

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I'm talking about the victims, seeking asylum. Isn't that the crisis, after all, all these women who have been raped on their journey to the USA to seek asylum?

a reply to: whywhynot

So then you agree, the crisis is south of border, not at the border.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No, the crisis for the US is those who are committing the crimes are walking over the border with nothing to stop them.
The crisis for the countries they are coming from is how many woman are raped.
The crisis for the conutires that allow the caravans is letting women and children be raped.

The 'crisis' is not have a barrier to protect our citizens. Look around the world. Almost every country has some form of barricade.

I wanted border security loooong before Trump came along. A lot of people did. Even democrats who voted for Dems who ran on border security.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
]

So now that you've accused a group of politicians as being heartless, please explain what you would do to keep the women from fleeing war...

I was not aware there had been a war in Honduras since 1990.

If they have a problem in their country maybe they should fix it. Seems like it's their government that is causing the problem (sounds familiar). Maybe they should deal with their heartless politicians in their country causing the problems. Sometimes I admire the French's choices. Our country was founded on such a choice vs. the British government.

We are not the world's keepers.

We are in debt way over our head as a nation. We have a huge problem with poverty in our country and homelessness and poverty are growing from what headlines I've seen. We need to fix our own problems.

We can not fix the world.

Nice fantasy but only a fantasy. One that is going to bankrupt us as a nation and make us poverty ridden if we don't make a big change soon in my opinion.
edit on 10-1-2019 by pianopraze because: typo, added "as"

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thanks for your openess to my comments. I was not trying to challenge you, just bring some more information to the discussion.

And so you would expect left wing people to agree with them to some degree instead of claiming there is no crisis and it’s manufactured

I would imagine it would help their (Amnesty International) cause to inflate the crisis to draw attention to the plight of the refugees. "If it bleeds it leads" type of thing. NO one is going to care about the plight of refugees if they are having an enjoyable walk-about in a verdant tropical paradise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join