It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You dont want any security at all. You want people to come in and out and go as they please.

Why do people continue to make these ridiculous comments? Apparently not wanting a 70 billion dollar wall, is EXACTLY the same as wanting no security, and wanting completely open borders? C'mon...

I'd say that the reality is almost ALL who don't want that wall, do want some form of immigration control and vetting. They just also believe the proposed wall would be excessive, and more ineffective than people realize. Of all illegal immigrants in this country, a hefty percentage did not sneak across the border.

Also many don't want US to pay for the wall. Trump promised Mexico would pay for the wall. Now he is backpedaling on those comments, saying that's not how he meant it, even though that's exactly how he stated it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There are ways to signal someone cutting the fence that are not that expensive.

And what precisely does knowing where the breach happened do for you? Are you going to send agents to round up everyone who runs through the wall? What if they don't go through the wall? They just want to blow holes in it for later use when it won't be signaled, or worse... just want to make us spend money to repair it?

Then you have the absolutely idiotic idea of steel slats, which not only are easy to defeat, but would be very profitable to cut down by people who want to sell them as scrap metal.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Please tell me your solutions to preventing Illegal immigration across our Southern Border if it doesnt invole some sort of barrier to deter illegal crossings then please.

What would you have the Government do?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

A shovel can dig under it, a rope can climb over it and a being can swim around it. What is your point..

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Would not the best solution be a combination of physical barriers and other things like drones? I think it makes sense that it would be a valuable tool for the Border Patrol also.

I still cant quite figure out why there is any "issue" over something that has been in decline for at least the last 11 years?

I think there are a number of reasons it's important.

The Opioid crisis for instance. I understand 90% of that brown heroin killing people comes across that border. People forget about all those deaths or just try and ignore them or don't care.

Then you have people like me with an emotional investment. My sister in-law was brutally butchered by an illegal in a sanctuary city. One of the thousands that never make the news where the families don't want to have their names drug through the mud by fanatical open borders people in the media.

This all came directly from the Detective in charge of the case...

The animal was arrested three times in the same city for trying to grab other women off the street and released three times in less than four hours. He was arrested for assaulting another woman the morning of the day he killed my wife's sister and let go immediately.

She was walking home from the store with groceries for her three children who had lost their father to cancer the year before. He drug her into an old motor hotel room he was living in to try and rape her. When she resisted he stabbed her so many times the man who did the autopsy noted in the report he stopped counting after documenting 50 stab wounds. The room was described as having blood spray on all surfaces.

He used one 1/8 inch wide, 1/8 inch deep wound on his shoulder to call it self defense to plea bargain. He got 17 years is all.

The Detective had a private meeting with my wife and her father because he was sickened by it all and thought they should know the whole story. As part of the plea bargain he opened up to the detective.

He was tried and convicted in a town in Southern Mexico of five brutal rapes and given five life sentences. To this day the government of Mexico claims he's in a Mexican prison, even though they know he's in a US prison. Nobody understands why Mexico is lying to be honest.

He told the detective that right after he was locked up in the Mexican prison they took him and put him on a bus with a bunch of other prisoners and drove them north to the US border, where they instructed them where to go and how to successfully enter the US. He was given phone numbers and contact information for people to help him get to the city where this happened.

When he gets out on parole in a couple of years from now, the detective said he will not be deported and he will likely just move one town over and get a new ID and do this again and there is nothing they can do about it.

Perhaps from that you can understand why some of us want a secure border. If the thousands upon thousands of deaths from the drugs is not enough to justify it, I don't know what is? If the drug gangs filled with illegals is not a reason I don't know what is, do you?

Even the people saying otherwise know physical barriers work. I guess they simply do not care because it's not impacted them yet inside their gated communities, protected from it all. It's fine with them if someone elses kid dies from drugs brought over the Mexican border. It's fine with them if someone elses family member is killed by an illegal in a sanctuary city, because the politicians are safe behind walls and protected by security.

Forgive me. I have strong feelings about this and I try and remain open minded, but at some point the politics need to be set aside and reality needs to enter the equation. Bad people take advantage of our weak border security and laugh at us for being so gullible. A physical barrier may not be the whole answer, but it's a lie to say it won't help.

edit on 1/11/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is interesting.

CNN contacted a local station on the border for help with a story and then backed out when most of the Border Patrol agents told the local station that the walls work.

KUSI digital content manager Mike McKinnon III wrote on the network’s website, “We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work.”

McKinnon added that KUSI has “continuously been told by Border Patrol agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States.”

A CNN spokesperson dismissed the incident as a "non story."

It does not matter if a steel fence can be cut, it only matters that they do work according to the experts who actually know the truth. The lies won't change that and the media choosing to cover up the truth won't change the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In other news, planes don't work because it's possible they can crash, dynamite has proven that bridges don't work, cars don't work because they can break down.

Why doesn't anything work!
It's all so depressing.

edit on 11/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think you might have gone a little topheavy there Blaine. I wasn't questioning the need for border security. I spent a large portion of my life in the military so I understand the nuances of it all. What I was asking was why the issue NOW (enough to shut and keep shut the Government) when there is a proven decline? Furthermore the upswing is from countries OTHER than Mexico.

I can see it if there was an upward swing and its getting out of control to the point borders are being overrun, but nothing close to that is happening.

Your emotional investment is heartwrenching for sure, but its also not as if Americans aren't doing the same things to Americans.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

You've assumed your chart is accurate.
Are you sure it is?

Perhaps it's information like this below that explains the sudden urgency...

SAN DIEGO — Border Patrol arrests in November jumped 78 percent from a year earlier to the highest level in Donald Trump's presidency, with families and children accounting for a majority for a third straight month. The numbers are the latest sign that people who cross the border illegally are increasingly families and children traveling alone, a trend that began several years ago but has accelerated since summer.
The Border Patrol made 23,115 arrests of people who came as families in November, nearly four times the number from the same period last year, parent agency Customs and Border Protection said. There were 5,283 arrests of unaccompanied children, up 33 percent from a year earlier. Overall, the Border Patrol made 51,856 arrests last month, up from 51,001, or 1 percent, in October and up from 29,085 in the same period of 2017. It was the fourth straight month-to-month increase.

Note families and children are driving the increase. Why do you think that is? Do you think the left wing media (and those that foolishly support whatever narrative they spin as long as its anti-trump - like "concentration camps" for children FFS) are responsible for women and children being used to gain entry - or do you think all of a sudden women and children decided it would be a good idea to try and break into the country?

The left wing rhetoric is having consequences. Hence the shut down.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: Blaine91555
Your emotional investment is heartwrenching for sure, but its also not as if Americans aren't doing the same things to Americans.

Yes they are but it does not mean we need to import more evil to our country or let them comes waltzing in if they want.

I don't know how I feel about the shutdown, but to be honest this has been an issue since Reagan and they just keep kicking the can down the road. It's one of the issues they use most often to keep us divided and perhaps its time someone forced them to act on it.

This thread though started out to be about how the steel wall would be worthless because they can cut it. That's absurd on it's face IMO.

How many more decades do we go without fixing things? Fentanyl and heroin killed 49,000 people last year in the US and much of it came across that border. Is 49,000 deaths enough to call it an emergency?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

While it is true that some Americans do the same thing...they often are not simply released back on the streets. They are not undocumented. It is not as easy for Americans to disappear since clueless organizations are not out there trying to protect and hide them.

Sanctuary cities do not want to seem racist based on their agenda so the law is not applied equally. They do more harm than help. Americans suffer, so it is a valid complaint that all Americans should have.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: Byrd

All they used was a common metal saw. They cost less than $20. Again, tunnels, will be dug, people will find easy ways to climb, and drones can deliver drugs, over a wall, in less than a minute. Now we see saws....LOL, See Saws.

I call bull#. You're not gonna saw through that fence with a common metal saw. You can try a hacksaw but you're gonna be there all day and you're gonna replace that blade several times.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No, just no.
It's a bad idea unless its 100% effective and totally impervious to all attempts to get by it.
It has to bring illegal immigration down to zero or it is not worth the money.
As Nancy says, it's better to give money to foreign clinincs to perform abortions. Much more humane.
You are not thinking clearly.
Besides, it's still only 1m illegal immigrants a year entering - the population of Deleware every year. It hasn't increased so no problem at all.
Just spread them around a bit - so you won't notice anyway. Preferrably in Purple states.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Byrd

President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.
Source

And apparently all eight of the prototypes (according to the article) were fairly easily breached.

Trump, in a news conference this morning, said it was "a previous administration's wall", which is not correct.

Liberal logic...

Three inmates escaped from Alcatraz, therefore prison walls don't work...

No one has ever claimed no wall is fool proof. The point is 99% of those approaching the wall won't have the tools or time to actually breach it. Would you rather have a wall that stops 10,000 attempts but maybe allows 50 to get through or no wall where all 10,000 can run across the border?

"99% of those approaching the wall won't have tools or time to breach it". The wall would be 2000 miles long. Once in place, Tunnels will immediatly be built (there are alread a ton of tunnels), people will find easy ways to climb, and DRONES are perfect to deliver drugs from one side to the other! Less than a minute, and a drone could carry a great big stash of drugs, over the wall.

You don't think the Mexican drug cartels, would invest in some drones, capeable of carrying some real weight? Its a no brainer.

Good. If they want to get over here, make them work for it. I hope they can dig a long way or they'll be busted by the BP.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
do you all think trump slats will be the "best" because he knows more about slats than anyone?

lol

immigration is down but let's build a wall they can go under, or over, or through! yay!

it's full on comedy.

The Border Patrol Agents said a wall would greatly help. Let them do the thinking.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

What do they know?
Chuck and Nancy don't agree with them.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.
Source

And apparently all eight of the prototypes (according to the article) were fairly easily breached.

Trump, in a news conference this morning, said it was "a previous administration's wall", which is not correct.

Please quote the exact statements, or risk being charged with spreading fake news.

Responding to the picture from the South Lawn of the White House on Thursday morning, Trump claimed "that’s a wall designed by previous administrations."

While it is true that previous administrations used this design, the prototype was built during his administration.

He stated they were designed by the previous administration (the ones that funded this then and refuse to fund more now). The prototype tested was built recently, using the OLD and previous administrations design.

So, how is it he is lying here? What he stated was a fact.

And, the design by the previous administration, that they found to be moral and worth being funded is INSUFFICIENT. SO, perhaps a concrete wall would be less easily breached?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Do you think the deplorables care? They just want to win....... They don’t really possess the mental horsepower to logically think things through. And it’s well past time that we stop coddling the mental defectives. a reply to: Byrd

More of that projection...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

You dont want any security at all. You want people to come in and out and go as they please.

Why do people continue to make these ridiculous comments? Apparently not wanting a 70 billion dollar wall, is EXACTLY the same as wanting no security, and wanting completely open borders? C'mon...

I'd say that the reality is almost ALL who don't want that wall, do want some form of immigration control and vetting. They just also believe the proposed wall would be excessive, and more ineffective than people realize. Of all illegal immigrants in this country, a hefty percentage did not sneak across the border.

Also many don't want US to pay for the wall. Trump promised Mexico would pay for the wall. Now he is backpedaling on those comments, saying that's not how he meant it, even though that's exactly how he stated it.

70 billion minus 64.3 billion is what is being asked for.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very true... I forgot the robots disagreed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join