It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a Liar!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Further proof Dems/Libs could care less about women being raped unless it suits their political agenda. When it doesn't make your politics look good, just delete it!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24098649]pianopraze[/post

FACT: Between 60 percent and 80 percent of female migrants traveling through Mexico are raped along the way, Amnesty International estimates.

I tried to track this down. I wound up at the Migration Policy Institute.

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.

Notes: According to their about page: “The Migration Policy Institute (MPI) is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank in Washington, DC dedicated to analysis of the movement of people worldwide.” MPI is funded by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. In review, the Migration Policy Institute has a left leaning position regarding immigration. They are in favor of easier immigration and more humane policies toward illegal immigrants and refugees. Topic selection generally favors the left and uses minimal loaded words. For example, in this article they criticize the Trump administration’s policy toward immigration without the use of loaded language: Judge’s Pause of Trump Travel Ban Takes Page from Republican Challenge to Obama Executive Action on DACA. All information is sourced to credible media or government based and/or .org websites and there isn’t evidence of any failed fact checks. In fact, the Migration Policy Institute is often cited in credible fact checks due to their well researched information. Overall, we rate the Migration Policy Institute Left-Center Biased based on liberal immigration policy and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing.

Source

Between 60 percent and 80 percent of female migrants traveling through Mexico are raped along the way, according to estimates from a study by Amnesty International and reporting by Fusion.

Migration Information Source

Ok, so MPI ran me over to Fusion, where I could not track down the original study.

I hit a couple of pay walls.

I also see this statistic reported again and again by other news sources, referencing Fusion's reference to Amnesty International, but cannot find the primary source. Looks like the other news source just took it for granted that the source was legit and never checked.

I can't really run this down either way.

No comment on the post with regards to this point. The jury is still out. Can anyone else find the original report from Amnesty International?

edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: sp

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

I also see this statistic reported again and again by other news sources, referencing Fusion's reference to Amnesty International, but cannot find the primary source. Looks like the other news source just took it fro granted that the source was legit and never checked.

No comment on the post with regards to this point. The jury is still out. Can anyone else find the original report from Amnesty International?

Rape is widespread. It is believed that as many as six out of every 10 migrant women and girls experience sexual violence during the journey.

Amnesty International

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If the scum bags mouth is moving he is lying. Btw it didn’t take long for them to figure,out his steel slats won’t stop a thing.

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 10-1-2019 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

I also see this statistic reported again and again by other news sources, referencing Fusion's reference to Amnesty International, but cannot find the primary source. Looks like the other news source just took it fro granted that the source was legit and never checked.

Rape is widespread. It is believed that as many as six out of every 10 migrant women and girls experience sexual violence during the journey.

Amnesty International

Thanks. Star for your quick research! So how to we evaluate this source?
edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

Just noticed the article is from 15 October 2013. Does that make a difference in evaluation?
edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Amnesty International

Amnesty International is as Left as they come.

Edit to reflect your edit: Do you think the Left would hesitate to use it to call Trump a Liar because the study is 5 years old?
edit on 10-1-2019 by pianopraze because: Edited to answer edited question.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
If the scum bags mouth is moving he is lying. Btw it didn’t take long for them to figure,out his steel slats won’t stop a thing.

www.nbcnews.com...

What's it like going through life as a spiteful loser filled with hatred?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

He seems to be following his own advice so far vs. the globalists.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You know how you can tell if a politician is lying? Their lips are moving!

edit on 10-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

link   

Humorous but obviously irrlevant.

This was not trump advocating breaking laws or not having borders.

link   

I'm rather indifferent on the subject as a whole.... I just thought that the video was funny, I saw it on reddit a few minutes ago so I had to drop it here.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Just making waves man, you should know by now if I see a pot imma stir it.

If I was a super hero, I would just have a wooden spoon, going around and making situations worse than they were, that's my power.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think we are looking at this through a cultural lens. I don't know how Amnesty International defines rape but it might be different than the way we commonly think of it (violent rape.) Possibly exchanging sex for a ride north for example.

Anyway, I wrote a comment that rape was far more common in some other societies than here in the US, especially Africa. It wasn't well received, no one believed it but I think the high rape statistics speak for themselves. It's almost a way of life over there. The average woman can expect to be raped several times over the course of her life. I don't know how they deal with it legally but the fact it is so common shows it is somewhat accepted. Hard to say, they have a high murder rate too.

Mexico might be better but it is still less civilized than America in the remote areas without much law. Central America is even worse. I doubt the police would even investigate without a stiff bribe.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'm rather indifferent on the subject as a whole.... I just thought that the video was funny, I saw it on reddit a few minutes ago so I had to drop it here.

I was wholly indifferent to Trump when he became President. I'm independent libertarian, Ron Paul was only person I ever really supported for President.

As DFNJ2015 said, you can tell a politician is lying by his lips are moving...

... but Trump is doing what he said. Maybe on track to accomplish more of his campaign promises than any President in history that I'm aware of for good or ill depending on your view.

Not only has he kicked some globalist ass, but he's also shut down the government, which I highly approve of as every bill coming out of it seems to be the opposite of the title of the bill with very few exceptions.

He's gotten us out of horrible globalist trade deals and stopped TPP which was my only goal in voting for President this time. He got us out of NAFTA as a cherry on top.

I respect actions, not words. Trump is earning my respect even if I agree or disagree with whatever else he's doing.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So we are told there is no crissis at the border.

The number from the OP shows that 60% to 80% of women trying to cross the border are victims of sexual assualt.

The number fluctuates as has benen over 60,000 the past few months, but lets go with the conservative estimate there are about 45,000 people apprhended a month trying to cross the border. Now the number of peole that actually make it across isnt included in that number, so it could be much higher.

But for the purposes of this we will just use the 45000 number.

Now we are constantly told that many of the people are women and children. In fact recent articles have been saying the old illegal immigration was working age men, byt now its turning in to families.

So lets just say 1/3 of those trying to cross the border are illegal, though I admit the number could be more than that or less.

This means that if 60 to 80 percent were victims of sexual assault, 9000 to 12000 women a month are being sexually assualted trying to cross into the US.

And the dems say it is a joke to call this a crisis.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Amnesty International

Edit to reflect your edit: Do you think the Left would hesitate to use it to call Trump a Liar because the study is 5 years old?

I don't really care. I also don't think the "left" or the "right" or the "middle" or any other grouping of humans is a monolithic body that has a borg-like hive mind. I think such conceptions are simplistic, requiring little reflection, and are used by folks as a shorthand to really trying to understand the world they live in.

This is my personal opinion, that has been reenforced to the point where what started out as an attitude has gone to a value and now is pretty firmly a belief. I am still open to discuss, but beliefs are pretty hard to change.

Thanks for your response to my post.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Further proof Dems/Libs could care less about women being raped unless it suits their political agenda. When it doesn't make your politics look good, just delete it!

What? I'm guessing that this comment is about the Dem's opposition to Trump's wall?

Besides the fact that Trump has bragged about strengthening and reinforcing the existing border wall/fence, and the lowest illegal border crossings stats, how is Trump's wall going to stop rapes in Mexico?

I'm guessing that you think that Trump's new and fancy wall will be a deterrent, and people will just stop trying to enter the USA. Do you think that if women just "stay put", they won't get raped?

Is the answer to make this "humanitarian crisis" of streams of asylum seekers Mexico's problem? It's all good as long as the crisis is on the other side of the wall, as long as the woman getting raped don't get past out handy wall!

How do you think Democrats can stop rape in Mexico?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Amnesty International

I don't really care. I also don't think the "left" or the "right" or the "middle" or any other grouping of humans is a monolithic body that has a borg-like hive mind. I think such conceptions are simplistic, requiring little reflection, and are used by folks as a shorthand to really trying to understand the world they live in.

This is my personal opinion, that has been reenforced to the point where what started out as an attitude has gone to a value and now is pretty firmly a belief. I am still open to discuss, but beliefs are pretty hard to change.

Thanks for your response to my post.

I'm opposed to close minded bigotry on both the Left and Right.

Pointing out hypocrisy appeals to my demented sense of humor though

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join